Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Submit a review for Dr. R.SrinivasaYour feedback matters!
My 2 years old kid (female - till now no speech, but says 2 or 3 word only) having mild autistic spectrum disorder. Doctors informed to go for occupational therapy and speech therapy. I want to know about this. It is curable or not? Most of them telling that, this is not curable. Please advice.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine (learn about the exercises for spine). These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees (know more about the Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain). Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines.
I have daily headaches that last all day long. I've been treated for TMJ, migraines, eyesight, etc. I've had MRIs and CT scans, but nothing. please help me. I am fed up from this.
Hi sir/mam mjhe suicidal thought aa rhe h what should i do ? mere hands m bhi shivering ho rhi h please advice
I have alot of work lod. So my brain works 24x7. My would be is air hostess Nd we usually meet 3-4 days/month. Our intimacy ain't last longer. I think i'm having Premature Ejec issue. If any suggestions or medications. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
I'm 31 years old and when I got to sleep my right hand freezes and have pain in it feels like blood circulation stops. Moreover the finger tips also is to do any work. Please suggest me the treatment.
I cannot get sleep now a days. Since last two three days I am awake. Not even a single hour I have slept. I do not know what is happening. Is this insomnia? Sometimes I think that it happens because I do not get tired. But then I realised that even after I do hell lot of work the whole day, I do not get sleep. Please suggest some remedy for this.
I am 40 yrs and suffering from sciatica ans lower back pain severely as I am unable to walk till my washroom too. I feel numbness too in hands n legs.Please help.
I am suffering from migraine. It occurs very frequently. I have tried every thing. Nothing works. Please help!
My daughter is suffering with seizures and she was advised encorate chorono 500mg by the doctor but despite this seizure could not be controlled. Please prescribe any remedy/medicine to control her seizure she is of 25 years and little bit retarded too. Thank you
Hi 20 days ago I sat on my left leg for about 30 minutes. When I got up I found finger next to my smallest finger and part of toe numb. Its been 20 days but no improvement in condition/ I took mecomore injection (5) now what to do? no pain. No burning sensation. Please guide me.
Hello I am of age fifteen and suffering from migraine since three years can you please suggest me an advice for my severe headache.
Hello sir I am anxiety patent and also my digestion power is not good whatever i eat can't digest and and my hand shaking, do not feel strength in my body.
I want to increase my stamina always im sick at every time so please tell me and I also facing de hydration and also my hands are shaking automatically so please can you help me.
Parkinson’s disease is a disorder involving the nervous system. It can start with a mere tremor of one hand and advances to slow movement and stiffness. The face might show little no symptoms in the beginning but the speech might become slurred. With every passing day, the condition worsens. This condition has no permanent cure but the symptoms can be improved with proper medication.
What are the symptoms?
Some unmistakable symptoms include the following:
- A sudden shaking of the limb. A sudden tremor of the hand is a very common symptom of this disease.
- A stiffness of the muscles that can limit the range of motion and sharp pain.
- The posture of the body might get compromised. Often balancing problems are witnessed among many patients.
- There could be problems with speech leading to soft, slurry or quick speech. The speech in some cases can become monotonous devoid of inflexions.
- Parkinson’s disease can lead to slow movement and makes performing of simple tasks difficult.
- Patients often find writing very difficult
What are the possible causes of Parkinson’s disease?
- Specific genetic mutation can lead to Parkinson’s disease in folks who have a family history of Parkinson’s disease. Certain variations of the gene increase the risk of this disease
- Exposure to certain environmental factors or certain toxins can trigger Parkinson’s disease in an individual.
- Certain cells in the brain known as Lewy bodies can trigger Parkinson’s disease.
- A certain kind of protein cells within the brain known as alpha-synuclein can trigger the Parkinson’s disease in an individual
What are the risk factors?
- Heredity: Having an immediate family member or a close relative suffering from Parkinson’s disease can increase the risk of getting this disease in an individual
- Age: Although not a prime risk factor, but an individual over the age of over 60 have an increased risk of getting this disease
- Toxins: Exposure to pesticide or certain herbicide increase the risk of Parkinson’s
- Sex: Men are more likely to get Parkinson’s disease than women
What is the medication for Parkinson’s disease?
- Carbidopa-levodopa: This is a natural chemical that gets passed to the brain and is converted to dopamine by the body. The benefits of this medication might reduce with increased symptoms.
- Carbidopa-levodopa infusion: A popular drug in this category is known as the Duopa. It is administered directly into the small intestine in the form of gel through a feeding tube.
- MAO-B inhibitors: Drugs from this group include rasagiline and selegiline. This is a powerful medicine. Many patient experiences hallucination during the initial days of consuming these drugs.
- Anticholinergics: This medication is mainly used to counter tremors of the limbs in the early stage of the Parkinson’s disease.