Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Purushottam T. AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in entire head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. Please answer.
I am 63 years old man. and suffering from parkinson I am very much disturb with cramping in the legs. Can it be cure?
My father is suffering from paralysis since 10 months. He is unable to speak. He suffered from paralysis attack twice in last 10 months. We consulted many doctors but all in vain. Please help me.
I am 22 male, frm past 2 weeks I cnt sleep properly, my mind is full of thoughts while sleeping and if I manage to sleep anyhow, I woke at early mrng do notknow wts going on, is it insomnia? If I took sleeping pill will I be addicted to tht fr lifetime?
Respected sir/mam, I m 22 years old boy. I have shaky fingers problem from childhood most left hand. Same problem even had my my brother. Shaky even worst when someone seeing task, interview, exam or typing. I getting lot of fear for future. Please help me.
High BP. Numbness and pain in limbs and body. Occurring year after year. Ultrasound-Nothing abnormal found. Please give some advice (do's and don't) on my illness. Appreciate and thanking you for saving million of lives. God bless you.
Sir is this true? Epilepsy can be controlled Home REMEDIES 1) 1 tea spoon coconut oil 3 times daily to drink 2) Pranayama 3) Lime juice+baking soda daily 4) Orange Juice+Epsom salt 5) Garlic 6) Winter Melon-Mulaam palm 7) Exercise-walk 45 min 8) Calcium Magnesium Sodium check 9) Grape Juice daily 10) Ketogenic Diet 11) almond do nots 1) don't skip breakfast 2) don't eat white sugar dosa idly white rice 3) don't skip meals.Please tell.
What is migraine? is it any bad effect on human body? is it a uncurable disease or curable. Please tell.
Sir my father suffering for bells palsy from last I Week and he is diabetic patient .physiotherapy has started and steroid medicine is going on .But no improvement. How can he free from this situation?
I am suffering from left hemiplegia after a stroke on 10th september 2014. Acute infarct right basal ganglia and right radiata. Mild diffuse atorphy. Please suggest if it can be treated. Unable to move properly.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.