Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Puroshottam V JYour feedback matters!
I got this 2 fractures 1 month Back when I fell down, it was paining still, got plaster on second day of fracture, how many days it will pain? Will the pain remain forever. In future? I'm worried please reply.
I am 52 year old male. Im suffering from joint pains in both knees since 1 year. Swelling is observed. I used Orcerin GM and Chymoral AP medicines but didn't cured. What medication and precautions should I follow?
I am suffering with severe continuous Toe Burning from last 2 years, it spread up to the middle of the feet. Heels are fine. After 30-45 minutes of walking the burning becomes more intolerable. Wake up in the night – disturbed sleep. My Age is Age – 69 Year Weight – 83 Kgs Diabetic - Sugar Level – Fasting: 120-125 PP: 165-180 A1C – 6.7 Taking Medicines – Zoryl M3 – BL.
I am 45 years old and suffering with backache since 10 years but not continuously but recently my problem has crossed its limit as I was unable to move my body an inch at least. After an doctor visit, he answered there is a problem with x ray. The tiny anterior marginal osteophytes are seen at C6-C7 vertebral bodies. Also in addition to it small anterior marginal osteophytes are seen at l3-L5 vertebral bodies. What can I do to may my pain low and help me out in curing myself.
I am having Benign Hypermobility Joint Syndrome .What kind of exercise and other treatment I should do to heal myself.
I have lost my heel, badly damaged ankle and lower limbs. Consequently I can not walk barefooted and I always need to wear modified shoes, Is there treatment possible so that I can replace my heel with artificial one?
Sir I have a pain in my left (heart side) shoulder. Feeling dead shoulder and not able to do work with this shoulder?
Osteoarthritis is among the most common ailments that people on the other side of 50 are affected with. Few of the primary reasons behind osteoarthritis are age, obesity and weakened bones. Sometimes, osteoarthritis stems from joint injury or some sort of stress on the bones. It leads to acute pain and stiffness and can only be cured through medication and exercise. The symptoms may vary from mild creakiness in the joints and swelling to the loss of cartilages between bones.
Long periods of inactivity can also trigger extreme stiffness as well. While it is an extremely painful disease, it does not spread to the other parts of the body. Inflammation of various degrees in the ligaments and joints is the primary cause of osteoarthritis and sustained treatment can only result in abating of pain. Osteoarthritis is usually treated through detecting the symptoms and through other imaging tests, while joint replacement may be a viable solution, there are other non-surgical processes that reap fruitful results while battling osteoarthritis.
It usually involves an optimum mixture of exercises and drug therapy. While there are several cures available, prevention should always be a priority.
- Physical activity: Obesity is one of the primary causes of osteoarthritis. Certain prescribed exercises can go a long way in improving muscle strength and reducing joint pains. However, excessive exercises must be avoided. Other preventive methods include medicinal spa, massage and chiropractics. These are extremely beneficial in cases osteoarthritis.
- Medicines and drugs: Osteoarthritis can be kept under control and averted through specific medications. Drugs can be consumed orally or can be injected directly as per the prescription of the doctor if he or she forebodes an onset of osteoarthritis. Knee lubricants have also been helpful in curing osteoarthritis. For more severe conditions, specified medical attention may be required.
- Nutritional Supplements: For obtaining relief from joint pains, a proper and healthy diet is necessary. An enhanced supply of calcium, vitamin D and Omega-3 fatty acids is thus mandatory for remedying and preventing osteoarthritis. A healthy diet builds your immunity and prevents such diseases.
- Surgery: Although not the favorite, knee replacement surgery is often undertaken even if initial signs of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis are detected. These are relatively hassle-free surgeries which go a long way in providing relief. However, you must follow the advice of the doctors thoroughly before opting for this.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has gained a lot of popularity in the recent times. Based on ancient techniques, this involves gently needling the various pressure points to purify the system from within and reduce the joint pains. They have extremely health boosting properties and contribute to one’s overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.