Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prema Natraj
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema NatrajYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am married 23 years. When ever I did sex on the next day morning my uterus pains. Please help.
Can my wife get pregnant by having intercourse only one night after having a first child and what could be the chances of getting conceive.
Managing the menopause with diet and fitness.
Menopause: a mile stone in a woman's life is nothing but the stage where the menstrual periods stop permanently. After menopause, a woman can no longer bear children. The targeted group is usually between 49 to 52 years of age. There is a marked decrease in the production of hormones by the ovaries. In case, uterus has been removed for any other reasons prior to menopause, the symptoms usually occur at an average age of 45 which is commonly associated with shivering, sweating, vaginal dryness, trouble in sleeping and mood swings. Woman experiences hot flashes which last for about 30 seconds.
Symptoms of menopause:
Fluctuation in hormone level, no ovulation
Shorter menses (2-7 days)
Poor memory, anxiety, irritability
Joint soreness, dry and itchy skin, stiffness
Dizziness, night sweats,
Back pain, breast pain
Weight gain and urinary urgency.
These symptoms may vary from person to person. But there is a common issue that is faced by all women at their menopause stage is that joint problems. Their bone health is diminished by decreased calcium and other minerals in their serum. As the hormone oestrogen diminishes their activity, hence lead to less bone density.
Calcium and menopause:
Women at this stage are advised to take more calcium rich foods thus avoiding the deficiency of calcium and increasing the bone health. Due to this the women may face several joint pains, fractures and severe weakness in the bones.
Diet to be followed:
Always choose calcium rich foods like milk, yogurt, cheese, sardines, broccoli, nuts and seeds to compensate the high calcium requirement.
Calcium in the food is well absorbed when there is the presence of phosphorous and vitamin d. So it is beneficial to take foods of phosphorous foods like peanuts, meat, cheese, garlic, onion and vitamin d foods like lentils, egg, fish and brown rice
Eat fiber rich foods like fruits, vegetables, grains like oats, barley and bajra.
Fruits are best partners during this stage since it possess a good amount of fiber and also rich in potassium which aid in fluid retention.
Fruits like banana, mango, egg, milk, sesame and soy beans help in the production of serotonin that assists in sleep trouble and mood swings.
Eat more fruits and vegetables along with green leafy vegetables than the amount of rice that help to prevent from weight gain.
Keep yourself hydrated by having more water and fruit juices if you are non diabetic.
Always have six meal patterns and choose complex carbohydrate foods since it possess a good amount of fiber.
Avoid sugars, processed foods and junk foods, spicy foods and hot drinks.
Limit the stimulants like coffees, tea, alcohol, salt and saturated fats which are the barriers to calcium absorption.
Always be positive and have only positive people around you. Don't stress yourself. Stay connected with the people.
Prefer practicing yoga for relieving the mental stress and to control your emotions.
I have completed 5 months for my marriage yet I m not conceiving baby what should I do please tell give me some advice to get pregnant as soon as possible. please help me out form this .
I had unprotected sex with my partner I gave her I pill 10 days ago can I give her I pill again now. If not then how to know if she is pregnant.
Hi dr, I am 7 weeks pregnant, I have very bad cold, need to confirm if vicks vaporab is safe to apply on nose , and can I take vapours by putting it in water? Will it cause any harm to the baby?
If a girl had sex for about 16-17 times in 2 years. Then if she do again after a gap of 3 years will there be bleeding?
Hello Doc, i'm 25 years old 38+ weeks preg. With breech baby. My uterus is nt open enough nd baby is high. Baby's weight is 3.2 kg. My bp & sugar level is normal nd due date is 24 dec. My gyno. Suggested me don't wait for due date go with c-session nxt week. please suggest what to do?
We are thinking to go for ivf . heard some myths that baby should b abnormal, premature deliveries, more chances of twins, slow growth of baby in uterus etc. Please guide us properly.
Breast lift surgery or Mastopexy is a form of plastic surgery used for lifting or raising sagging breasts in women. The size, contour and elevation of the breasts are modified or corrected using this procedure.
The position and shape of the breasts in women change after pregnancy, breastfeeding, suffering weight loss or with age. A breast lift surgery is effective in treating sagging breasts.
During a breast lift surgery, extra skin is removed from the breasts, and the surrounding tissues are tightened for reshaping of the breasts. The nipples and areola are also reshaped to a better location. A breast lift surgery may involve the procedures of liposuction and abdominoplasty for an even better rejuvenation.
Breast lift surgery is undertaken by many women for different reasons. Some women do not like their breast shape or volume after pregnancy and have this surgery done.
A breast lift surgery offers various benefits. They are:
- A breast lift surgery improves the body image of a woman and also boosts her self-esteem. Women feel their breasts have been affected negatively after pregnancy and undergoing this surgery enables them to have satisfactory breasts again. A breast lift surgery does not cause the breasts to increase in size. They appear bigger because they are higher in position and firmer than before.
- Having a breast lift surgery can push you to make better and healthier choices about your lifestyle. For undergoing any form of surgery, it is recommended that you stay as healthy as possible. This includes proper diet and eating habits along with regular exercise.
- A breast lift surgery improves the quality of life in women. Body image is improved, and the woman feels good about her breasts and body as a whole. According to studies, 92% of women having a breast lift surgery had improved self-esteem and a better, healthier life than before. Women become less conscious about their breasts after the surgery, as the breasts become satisfactory.
- As a result of this surgery, some clothes may fit better, and a woman can experiment with trendier outfits, and may also not wear a bra at times.
- A breast lift surgery gives women a better proportion between their breasts and buttocks. The contrast is better and makes a woman more attractive. More cleavage is created, and the breasts get more projected.
- A breast lift surgery is an efficient procedure to improve the breasts of women. Sagging breasts are corrected by a surgery which gives certain benefits to women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.