Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema NatrajYour feedback matters!
Keep getting boils on my uvula though they get cured but the frequency had increased to almost once a month.
I am 32 years old. I try my best to eat less of food but I m not able to reduce my weight. I have a bloated stomach. Sometimes I get irregular periods. My waist is 38.
I've recently had intercourse 1 month ago & since that day I have weird bad smelling discharge & a bit of itching. I wake up sometimes to back, stomach, rib pain but it's sometimes. Can it be Yeast infection, BV, STD, or HIV?
I am getting regular periods but it is lasting for only one day. I was in medication for 3 months but it didn't work. Now the doctor has told me to do pelvic sonography. What should I do Please help.
I am 19 years old, before 6 months my bra size is 32 .and now its 34 and I have gained 5 kgs extra weight ,what was the reason for sudden increase in size?
You may have heard the statement “sitting is the new smoking!”
When I first heard this saying, I thought it was crazy.
Sitting is not like smoking.
- But recently, I looked more into it, and it completely changed my outlook on one aspect of health that most people neglect.
- Here's the problem: we sit an average of 9 to 10 hours a day. So we sit more than we sleep. We sit more than we stand or do any activity.
- We sit in our cars. We sit to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We sit to work. We sit to watch tv. We sit at the movie theater. We sit at the dentist’s office. We sit everywhere.
What’s the problem with so much sitting?
- You’ll be surprised to hear that it’s not really “back pain” or any such thing (although, that can happen too!).
- The problem with so much sitting is that our bodies were not meant for it.
- For millions of year, we were in constant movement for 10-12 hours a day.
- Switch that to sitting for 10 hours, and there’s no amount of exercise you can do that can undo the damage.
- Even if, after your day at the office, you went to the gym for two hours, it wouldn’t negate the damage done by sitting.
- That’s what led Dr. James levine to coin the phrase “sitting is the new smoking!”
- When you stand, your body works very differently than when you sit.
- Sitting for hours a day causes the following damage.
- Because blood flow slows down, you increase your risk of heart disease.
- Your insulin is negatively affected by just one day of sitting 10 hours a day.
- Sitting increases your risk of cancer, for reasons we’re still speculating about.
- Perhaps it’s the antioxidant processes that are engaged when we are in movement.
- Sitting compresses your body, slowing down digesting, leading to cramps, heartburn, constipation and bloating.
- Brain function slows down when we sit.
- Your brain gets less blood and oxygen.
- Because of the above, mood worsens.
- Posture gets worse, leading to strained neck and shoulders.
- Your entire body degenerates when you sit 10 hours a day.
- Standing requires tensing of the abdominal muscles.
- Sitting leads to weak abs, leading to mobility issues.
- Varicose veins develop.
- Your bones get weaker.
- One study found that you can increase your lifespan by two years by sitting down three hours or less a day.
- Another study found that each hour spent watching tv after 25 reduces your life expectancy by 22 minutes.
- On the other hand, each cigarette reduces your life expectancy by 11 minutes.
- Hence… sitting is the new smoking!
I just want to know that if I get into a intimate relation with a married women then im I secured from HIV or AIDS or I get infected if I do so.
It is generally assumed that after sexual intercourse, men more often tend to doze off immediately, leaving the women not entirely satisfied, primarily because of less foreplay and after play action. These assumptions are, however, not entirely wrong and there are many ways with which one can prove thus. Here are a few tips whereby you can reverse this cliche acute; and end it with a bang:-
- The traditional belief that men are more emotionally detached after intercourse than women are is inherently true in most cases and the best way to prevent your man from snoozing immediately after sex is to hold him tight and snuggle up. Being held feels good and right for both sexes, and is also an effective way of retaining heat.
- A great way of prolonging that physical intimacy after sexual intercourse is by giving your man a smooth massage. Perhaps you can lighten up his senses by slowly tracing circles on his torso or by gradually moving over and around the navel areas confidently and sensuously.
- By way of suggesting a bath or shower after sex, you are, in a way, inviting him and yourself for another possible orgasmic session. After taking turns in scrubbing each other's backs, necks and shoulders, you can proceed with moving along towards other parts of the body. Furthermore, a hot and wet-nude environment eventually supports a post-orgasmic flush.
- Oral sex is yet another invigorating way of sustaining the erotic process. Paying more attention to the area around the anus as well as the area around the clitoris is always an effective method to 'end it with a bang'.
- You could also try paying him compliments or whispering and breathing romance into his ears with stuff like, "I love you", or "I desire you", accompanied by light sexual caresses -as long as it prevents him from snoozing! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Ma'am hmne pichle month sex kiya tha but sex bhi pura nhi kiya tha sirf andr dala bs tha and ab unke proiod nhi aye h to me kya kru btaye.
My MC period date was 30 june and I had intimate on 30 june. After the intimation I use UNWANTED 72 with in 12h. If normal period occurs then my Next MC will be on 30july but it doesn't. Still Today (16August) my period not occurs. My MC date was on 30july but extra 16 days gone still I am not in MC period and I suffering from several abdominal pain and stomach pain. In the 30 june to 8august I had sex with protection (condom. I had done Pregnancy test twice but it was negative. Can I get proper advice on it.
I got spotting today and if go to a doctor for a pregnancy test today itself, will the doctor be able to confirmly tell me I'm pregnant or not. How will they take the test by urine or blood.
Sir maine apni wife ke sath 6 april ki subh sex kiya or 6 april ko hi uske period ho gye .uske baad 19 april ko uske stomach m bhut pain ho rha .thkan v lg rhi h.or sar dard v h .medicine lene pr v thik nhii ho rha h.kya wo prgent h .sir abi hamari marriage ko 1 month hi hua h.kya ye symptoms pregnancy ke h .hum abi baby nhii chahte h.
My wife didn't get menses for 13 months. Now she is getting for last four days. 3 days normal + 1 day just stains. Is she in menopause? What can be the reason?
If someone is tested for all std negative after one year of exposure. If one partner is infected with genital herpes. Is anything worry about the uninfected partner.
I am 20 years and have missed my period for 7 days but still get abdominal cramps n breast tenderness. What is causing it ?
Life has its ups and downs, but often we hold on to the downs for much longer than the actual event. While the trigger or anger, pain and hurt are beyond our control, the amount it can affect us is well within reach. Here are a few ways to cope better with emotional upsets.
- Give yourself a window to be upset: Be realistic and give yourself a time frame to give in to your emotions. Whether, angry, sad or frustrated tell yourself that you have only 1 day to be upset. In a way, this will diffuse the anger, frustration and once this time is over, you can start planning ahead.
- Take responsibility: Try analysing what you may have done to make the other person react in the way he or she did. Focus on what you could have done better and you will find yourself feeling more empowered.
- Get physical: Exercise and other forms of physical activity decrease stress hormones and increases the productions of endorphins or happy hormones that elevate the mind. Exercising also gives you time to focus on yourself without distractions.
- Express yourself: Whether it’s through art or writing, find an outlet for your emotions. This keeps it from being bottled up inside and gets the pain and frustration out of your system.
- Breathe: Breathing techniques like ujayii and anulom vilom can help calm the mind down when it is troubled and upset. These breathing techniques also keep your emotions from escalating.
- Get company: It is never a good idea to isolate yourself when you’re feeling blue. Instead, find people who you can open up to and share your thoughts with. This will give you a fresh perspective on what is going on.
- Look at both sides: No event is ever completely bad. No matter what may be troubling you look at both the good and bad sides of it. This can help minimise your loss and make it easier to let go of the problem.
- Do something different: The best way to get your mind off something is to give it something else to focus on. If you’re troubled by something that happened at work, go for a drive or play a sport. Similarly, if you’re having relationship trouble, go out with a few friends or read a book to take your mind off it.
- Visualize: Imagine the person or the event that is upsetting you as an object in your mind and visualise it melting away. Remind yourself that the anger or frustration you are feeling is worse than the person or event itself.
- Clean up: Organise your desk, your room or start cleaning up space around you. This will take attention away from whatever is troubling you and give you something to do. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.