Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. PreetiYour feedback matters!
How should I increase my concentration regarding my studiea? I am not able to concentrate on a particular thing and espacially my subjects.
I am having severe depression. Anti depressants are not working. What is the next step. please help me?
My age is 24 and I have lack of concentration and weak memory. Suggest me some thing. What should be my diet.
I am having sleeping problem. After going to bed also I am not able to sleep. Daily I am just sleeping only for 2 to 3 hours in night. In day time also I am not sleeping. I am 28 years old. I am married. Few months before I was going through some personal problems that time onwards this problem started. But now I don't have any stress.
I am 35 years old woman. I am going through with depression. I am finding myself unable to do daily tasks. Pls suggest some medicine.
Just thought to post this here. Would request any help. For the last couple of months I have facing an issue with anxiety, feel overwhelmed. Facing difficulties putting my thoughts across. I visited a local doctor.
Sir, in december 2014. I was running wearing badly quishend shoes and. After that haglund deformity. Arises im both pf my heels and i. Am suffering from this from lst 1.5 yrs. Its very painful and depressing I can not run and. Live freely. What to do now. I am. Thinking to convince my parents for surgery bit they are reluctant they are saying. Huh. Theres nothing behind you heel you are just making excuses for ypur laziness what to do now.(
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hi sir one of my friend done sex without condom in massage centre yesterday night but once only. Now he's in tension what to do please advise.
My sister works in bank and gets anxiety headaches. She says her head gets tight. She is taking some medication. But as soon as she start working she gets the headache. What needs to be done.
Don't know why my hubby don't want to spend time with me. Even he doesn't want to talk with me. He comes home at late night and just want k nobody disturb him not even I and just want to sleep. I am dying with this attitude. I want his love and his attention. What can I do? How can I get my sexual as well as martial life healthy? Please help me. Please.
While taking alcohol my face and eyes becomes red and I feel some breathing problem Is it a start of heart problem or lever issues Kindly explain?
I am a 22 years old male and have depression for last 4 months and the main problem is that I am talking very less and have a girlfriend also. My girlfriend always telling me again and again that why I am so chup chap type why I am not talking too much. Please advise.
Although there is no single reason why someone may have suicidal tendencies, certain things can increase the risk. An individual is more likely to have suicidal thoughts if he has a mental health condition like depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. The vulnerability also increases in cases of alcoholism, drug abuse or poor job security. It may not be possible to prevent suicidal thoughts, but keeping one's mind healthy with regular exercise, healthy eating and maintaining friendships can help one deal better with stress.
It can be very upsetting, when someone says things which sound as if the person is considering suicide. One may not be sure what to do to help, as to whether one should take talk of suicide seriously or if intervention might make the situation worse. Taking action is always the best choice. One of the best things one can do if someone is feeling suicidal is to encourage them to talk about their feelings and to listen to what they say. One can provide the best help by listening and not being judgemental. If the person has been diagnosed with a mental health condition like depression, one can take advice from his care team.
One should avoid offering solutions. While listening, do not give in to the temptation of providing a solution. One should ask open ended questions so that the person remains in control and expresses his feelings. On the contrary, it will offer an opportunity to talk about feelings, which may reduce the risk of acting on suicidal feelings. Ensure that the person is not left on his own, if there is immediate danger. One cannot always tell when a loved one or friend is considering suicide, so one must be on the lookout for warning signs. The warning signs could be talking about suicide, buying or stocking pills, withdrawing from social life, increase in alcohol or drugs, personality changes like severely agitated and saying goodbye to people as if seeing them for the last time. It is also important that one does not make judgements about how a person is thinking or behaving.
After listening to their feelings, one may feel that certain aspects of their thinking and behaviour are making their problems worse. But pointing this out will not be particularly helpful to them. Reassurance, respect and support will only help someone during these difficult periods. As a final note, one must realise that talking to someone about their feelings is not long lasting and can help them feel safe and secure temporarily. A professional help can provide the long-term support to help someone overcome their suicidal tendencies. That will the person to deal with the primary issues behind someone's suicidal thoughts, besides offering advice and support.
I am suffering from anxiety for last 3 months. I want to quit my medicines betecap tr 40, toficalm, and zyven od. I am also continuing this medicine till now. Please suggest me how to quit my medicine.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine (learn about the exercises for spine). These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees (know more about the Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain). Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines.