Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PreethanYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old. Past two years I am suffering from panic disorder and also sever gastritis problem. Please give me an advise to overcome the problem. Now I am taking Minipress xl 2.5mg for B. P. (two years), Rablet 20mg tablet for gastritis and clonazepam tablet for panic disorder problem.
I am a 68 years old male having a good health generally speaking but being overweight , 1.75m tall and 120 kg. My main problem is gas as I fart quite often and sometimes it is very loud and disturbing to all specially to me. There is mostly no smell only noise. You doctors are always suggesting do not do this or that. Possibly you should suggest good practical food to eat as mostly all doctors suggest impossible next to all foods not to eat. Bloodpressure is 130/90 and blood chemistry is okay as I take 3 leaves of tulsi, 3 of neem, 3 of curry leaves and 3 mint leaves every morning. But iI still have kangaroo pouch below my stomach full of fat. And I walk daily 30 mns or more and I play golf walking once a week. Now I wait for your enlightening suggestion for a solution for my tummy.
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 19 years male. From my stools there passes bleeding. I have also loosen 4 KG weight ! For that I have increased my food intake I have completely lessened eating spicy food. I masturbate everyday I want to get rid of this bleeding thing please help ? And also tell me due to everyday of masturbation could really lead to bleed in stool?
I have candida albicans symptoms is cold intolerant brain fog when I eat suddenly my stomach full with gas bloating constipation anxiety lot more food sensitivity to gluten or mostly sugar also finger warts I don't know what can I do and where should I go how can tell the doctor. I checked thyroid testosterone anti po test vitamins all are normal please help.
Sir i am from amritsar my age 41 years I am eating any thing so much gas in my stomach and my self feeling nausea and vomiting some time please suggest for cure gas problem.
I have bowel problem, I get bowel immediately after breakfast daily in the morning, but when I try to get before breakfast it may come, but after breakfast bowel is sure thing in my life, its looking awkward to go bathroom two times before and after breakfast when i'm in my relatives house, is there any permanent solution for this.
I am having severe gas problems that also causes stomach ache several times and happens more after I drink beer or have some heavy meal, also causes fart issues and pain below chest. Please help me resolve my gas problem. Though I use eno at these times or some home Indian remedies. But the make only temporary effects.
Gastroenteritis, also commonly referred to as infectious diarrhoea, is a gastric disorder. The gastrointestinal tract, which comprises of the small intestine and stomach gets inflamed. Gastroenteritis is indicated by the symptoms such as diarrhea, acute vomiting and pain in the abdomen. Fever, exhaustion and dehydration are also observed. This disease usually lasts not more than two weeks. It is also called the stomach flu. Infections caused by virus, bacteria, parasites or fungi may lead to gastroenteritis. Viruses account for this disease the most. This disease is transmitted mainly from food items and contaminated water. Important electrolytes like sodium and potassium are lost from our body.
The most common remedy in case of gastroenteritis is having ORS. However, homeopathy is also considered very effective if you have got infectious diarrhoea. Homeopathic medicines are considered very safe and result yielding in case of gastroenteritis. Homeopathy is a form of medicine, which is always given preference by all experts, as it is natural with no side effects. After conducting various surveys, it has been proven that homeopathic treatment is far more effective than other forms of medication for gastroenteritis.
Here is a list of the best homeopathic remedies for the treatment of gastroenteritis. There are many categories of homeopathic medicines for diarrhoea each with their own significance.
- Aconite: This must be used for diarrhea caused in the season when the days are hot, and the nights are comparatively cold. The symptoms appear in the middle of the night. Heavy diarrhoea along with high-intensity fever occurs and anxiety.
- Aloe: This remedy should be used in case of a continuing urge for stool because of the weakness of the anal sphincter. Mucus is accompanied along with pain in the rectum area. In case of adults, this diarrhoea is also characterized by blue hemorrhoids.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is used in case of food poisoning. The affected person feels cold, tired and panicky. Vomiting and diarrhoea take place after midnight. Burning pain in the abdomen is also observed.
- Cinchona: Used in case of diarrhoea with the presence of excessive exhaustion and abdomen gas. The abdomen gets bloated up.
- Ipeca: When there is nausea and non stop vomiting or your mouth gets filled with saliva, Ipeca can be used. Thirst is lost, and the color of the stool may be green or bloody.
- Podophyllum: This medicine is usually used by tourists in case of diarrhoea. Abdominal vibration and frequent stools are indicated. The stool is characterized by an unpleasant smell.
- Merc.sol- Diarrhoea with much tenesmus before and after stool, also with large thirst. Pulsatilla-diarrhoea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach. Arsenicum album incase of food poisoning. Incase of taking fish or oyster or eating decayed food if diarrhea occurs then arsenic is the Medicine that works.
- Pulsatilla- Diarrhoea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach.
- Arsenic - Incase of taking fish or oyster or eating decayed food if diarrhea occurs then arsenic is the Medicine that works.
- Nitric Acid- Summer diarrhoea mostly with burning in anus long-lasting after stool.
Other medicines can also be prescribed according to the symptom similarity. So, it is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath to treat your problem.