Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
My son have 3 months old. He do not go to motion from 3 days. Now it's 4th day. I am giving feeding to my child. Is it normal or abnormal can I use dulcolax suppository or anything else.
My daughter is 7 months old. Her weight is 5.25 kg. She is so active but not increasing her weight. I am giving raging sari and vitamin drops. Doctor please tell me some tips. What food shall I give or not give? his birth weight is 2.5 KGS.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.
Hello doctor .normal range of body temperature in 6 months old baby. If fever what is temperature to give medication. How many times can fever medicine can be given in a day.
Hi my baby 1 month old. Due to my age I think I am not generating enough milk. How can I increase my milk generation. What can I eat. Any medication.
I went to doctor yesterday night for my baby 14 th week vaccination pentavac PFC. Doctor used a smaller needle than than the normal one. That needle height was very small. He injected a vaccine and taken out the needle. But the vaccine came out (some amount) from my baby. After that v returned to our home. And v gave 0.6 ml P125 to my baby. But so far there is no fever. Last two times when v vaccine my baby got fever. But this time not. What to do now. Note:- Baby 4 months old 6.9 kg weight 60 cm height Breastfeed baby.
My son is 4 years Old. Can you please suggest a healthy diet plan for him during this summer. Thanks.
My daughter is 1 year & 3 months old, how to take care of her teeth & gums she has only 4 teeth up & 2 at down. She doesn't allow me to put finger in her mouth to clean. How do I clean her mouth & tongue.?
My kid is 7 months old now and I wish to nurse him at least for 6 more months. I feel there is a reduction in milk quantity. Started taking Galact granules 2 months back but did not find it boost the milk supply. Please suggest diet to increase milk supply.
Hai doctor, my baby girl is 5 months old. She is very healthy but she has some cold in this winter. She sounds like that she has more cold in her chest area. She has trouble in breathing especially at early morning and she normally breath after 11am. So can you please help me what can I do?
Hi. My daughter is 8 month 10 days old. She is having loose motions since 10 days. She is on formula feed when she takes milk or juice she is going motion. Sometimes it is yellowish or greenish or brownish. From last 4 day she is also suffering from cold what should I do. She is 8.5 kg. Doctors have prescribed ofloxacin & ornidazole suspension with sporlac sachet but no effect.
My son is 10 months old. His birth weight is 2.25 kg. Now he is 8 kg. Is the weight normal? What food habit should I follow to increase the weight? Please.
My baby is now 6 month old and he is getting his vaccine on timely but I have query about injectable polio vaccine. He already got 2 dose of IPV on timely. Now he was having 3rd dose on 6 month but due to non availability in private clinic we r not able to provide him 3rd dose. So kindly please suggest what to do? He is taking regularly on time oral polio drops even.
She gave birth to baby child on 3 oct. Delivery was normal and baby also. But she is not having lactation. Milk is not coming. So what to do? This may be dangerous. We also know mother's milk is very important for baby. But unfortunately. It is not. So we are providing powder lactogen milk to baby. Will it be good for baby.
Free tongue movement in pre-verbal infants influences their perception.says Canadian researchers.
The results showed a teether inserted into the mouth of an infant has an impact on the tongue tip and blade movement influencing speech perception.
Speech perception is available even before infants accrue experience producing speech sounds.