Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prathviraj Shetty. NYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctors, My father is 65 years old, had suffering from fever and cough, he use to suffer from cough once in a year, Yesterday had an appointment at clinic, doctor advised to take the ECG ECG has been taken, since it's Sunday there was no availability of specialists doctor, The doctor at the hospital advised ECG seems to be normal except sinus Tachycardia The reading of sinus Tachycardia is 812, and shot pr interval is 401 Can Doctors advice if this is normal.
I am having hairfall in huge amount. What should I do? My patents are saying its because of my diet habits and gym exercises. Please say something?
Sir I use to have 1glass of milk and a single paratha in breakfast and 1 and half paratha in lunch and 2 chapatti in evening 7 O'clock avoid external food but still my body gaining weight my weight is 75+ and age 23. What should I do now.
Hi, I am 30 years old. Now a days I am getting severe neck pain. I don't even use pillow. Can you suggest me how can I get rid of this pain.
I am having hair fall it is continuously sir what can I do for better treatment to stop my hait fall.
I am suffering from frequently stomach pain, from last 5 month please suggest me treatment for this as soonest possible.
I have a severe stomach ache during my periods n have tried all possible medicines to get permanently get cured but still I depend on pain killer every month. Any way out?
I am 27 years old and I have backpain from few months. I used some pain relief antibiotic tablets from last month but it works for few hours each day. Please recommend me something.
I am suffering from fever, malaria, red eyes, red urine and cold from last 10 days. What should I do? What precaution should I take?
I have severe upper back pain for last 2 years. What should I do to get rid of it? I can't sit in a proper position for sometime. Please help me out.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.