Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash NYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from hypothyroidism. I am taking 75 mg Thyronorm and my current TSH is 3.71, FT3 2.5, FT4 1.31. My Total and free testosterone are 260 and 5 resp. My hbaic is 6.4 But after Thyronorm treatment I have lost my appetite, libido, feel extremely week Please advise.
I am 56 years of age and having diabetes. I was told that whisky is not good for diabetic patients. But you have suggesting. Which one is correct?
My father is having high blood sugar. He has tried many things but still it is high. I think the problem is because of his diet. Can you please prescribe me a healthy diet, which can help him reduce his sugar levels. Thank you.
I am 61 years old, Female, having Hyperthyroid (Taking 1 mg Eltroxin since 1990. My B.P and Sugar is in control with low dose of medicine. My problem is bowel movement. I do not get adequate /regular pressure for toilet in the morning but when the pressure comes I can not wait. Sometimes rather often I spoil cloth before I reach the commode. Is there any treatment in any of the stream of medicine?
Why FFA test is done for eyes. She is a diabetes mellitus person? Is it safe for high diabetes pers.
Hello sir .according to my thyroid test my tsh serum is 4.49 ulu/ml. My question ls this what is normal units tsh .
I am 35 years old and a diabetic. My fore hands and fore feet are getting numb some times. I work in night shifts and have hand and leg pains. Is this due to diabetes or some thing else. What should I do for better health. To whom should I concern.
Hi, I am 38 year old. I am suffering from high sugar level. I am trying by exercising and controlling on food habits, but my weight and sugar are not in control. I have seen a dietitian too, but can`t be able to follow. Please guide.
I am a 30 years old and I have thyroid & hypertension from last 1 years. How I recover myself without lifelong medicine?
Dear doctor my mother is thyroid patient and her TSH Level is 6.5 (normal range is. 5-4.7) last checked on 11/3/16 she is taking 50 mcg thyronorm everyday and 100 mcg once in a week. Her age is 52, weight is 53 kg and heightbus 5.1 inches. Kindly suggest the dose she needs to change as after taking medicine her tsh level shoots up? Thanks in advance.
Yes I Hv hypothyroidism n metabolism problem but I do yoga thrice a week n walk. N yes I like to eat more carbs than protein based food. I Hv started juicing veggies n fruits n drinking in the morning .so what do I do .I am 49 years old n hit menopause. Pls advise some meds.
My fasting blood glucose level is 112 and post prandial is 143 and hba1c is 6.6 should I start treatment for diabetes or should modify my diet and physical activity
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.