Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Padmini PrasadYour feedback matters!
Sir my girlfriend period normal 32-35 days. She Bleeding starts 17 June. I had sex with her 14th day of cycle. But I gave her i-pill 45 hour. But there is no menstrual bleeding still. But she has tested prega news July 12 July 17 and July 18 already test 6 prega news but answer is negative. She is pregnant or not I am so worrying sir thank you please help me.
I had sex 1st time after my delivery. We had after almost 5 weeks. But it was very painful for me. Too much to bear. What's the reason for the pain.
Are you facing troubles, such as unwanted facial hair, excessive weight gain, irregular periods, and acne on face or sudden hair loss? If you are experiencing any two symptoms, you might be suffering from Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder / Syndrome. Affecting at least 1 in 10 Indian women it is the most common issue facing us today. It is also a leading cause of infertility. Many women ignore the signs and symptoms and fail to consult specialists. PCOS can manifest in many ways- it can have a single symptom or it can be associated with many aspects.
The common signs and symptoms are:
- Irregular or absent menstrual periods.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding: As the cycle gets delayed in PCOS, the uterus lining becomes thicker (a condition known as hyperplasia). When a woman starts her periods after a long time, she can experience heavy and prolonged bleeding.
- Oily skin and acne on face and back.
- Darkening and thickening of certain areas of the skin, especially in skin folds of the neck, armpits, and groin.
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, abdomen, or thighs.
- Thinning of hair on the crown of the head.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular problems, including high cholesterol
- Multiple tiny ovarian cysts; some women with PCOS have a large number of tiny follicle cysts (visible by ultrasound) on their ovaries.
The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a factor. It seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes.
If you are experiencing any of the given symptoms, it is advisable that you consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
PCOS on the rise in adolescents:
Adolescent PCOS is on the rise these days due to change in lifestyle, academic load and lack of physical exercise. In many girls the symptoms commence with irregular periods and weight gain, followed by hair loss and acne. It is imperative that PCOS be diagnosed early so that its secondary issues - insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart disease can be controlled medically.
How PCOS is diagnosed:
It can easily be diagnosed through a physical examination, simple inexpensive blood tests and most importantly an ultrasound. You should consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
How can PCOS be prevented or controlled:
PCOS cannot be prevented but weight control is the key to prevention of metabolic syndrome at a young age. Early diagnosis and treatment can help manage the symptoms and prevent long-term problems.
Even post diagnoses exercise, diet control and adherence to medication are essential. One should also document their menstruation cycles dates for clinical aspects.
In some older women who wish to conceive surgical treatment known as laparoscopic drilling of the cysts can be done.
Me and my friend often have sex . I use condom and one time I had given her unwanted - 72, pill also 15 days back .she missed her periods 3 days till now . She doesn't have normal periods Too but she told me that she don't liked sour food at all but now from 3-4 days she wishes to eat sour food like pickle. She is 17 and 7 months old officially in papers but she's 18 in real (Unofficially). Nd I am 18 . So I want to know if she is pregnant then can she abort child without letting her parents know . And can she have abortion by medication ? Because as she missed her periods 3-4 days back and she doesn't had normal period records. I am giving her information in information column. Please answer. If it can be done secretly then what's the name of medicine and how much doses she needs . We want to do it secretly without letting our parents know please.
1. Potential threat to human health and environment
2. Lead causes damage to central and peripheral nervous system blood system and kidneys in humans
3. Mercury impacts brain functioning and development
Therefore recycling is the best possible options for the management of e- waste.
One of my friend's gf periods will not come I mean he do sex on 1st january then periods will come on 25 th january but in february there is no sign of periods is it due to pregnancy nd he don t do anything with her from 1st january please tell asap?
I am 23 week pregnant and my doctor tested me for thalassemia and the test came positive. I am heterozigot for beta thalassemia. My husband is ok. He is not carrier for beta thalassemia. What should I do? Should I have blood transfusion6ns? Is thalassemia harmful for my baby? Should I take some tablets? Should I make amniocentesis?
Do menstrual painful every time in thirties for ladies. What is the cure for this to get rid the pains. Are they related to psychological stress? or because of cyst/s in the uterus? any cure for this or precautions that is required?
I want to do sex without using condom. But do not want baby now. suggest me what to do for not having baby now while unprotected sex.
Hi doctor. I am 22 years old. My question is this that near my vaginal thighs there are rashes and cause a lot of itching and I have tried v wash, dry and clean powder. And fungus removing powder but there is no relief. Please help me suggest me what should I do and some medicines and cream so that I can get relief. Please help me.
Thirsty? You are already dehydrated
Remember, thirst isn't a good predictor of your hydration status.
It takes about two hours for anything you drink to have an effect on your body’s hydration level. By the time you feel thirsty, you are two hours behind! drinking something even the second you realize you are thirsty means that you will still be dehydrated for at least two more hours.
In fact, most people spend a good portion of their life mildly dehydrated, so drink water frequently even if you r not thirsty may be only sips but please drink water.
Hello Doctor Just wanted to know What to eat to get fair intelligent and healthy baby I'm 21 weeks pregnant? Please suggest?
I am 25 years, female and have been attending gym for last one year but my weight didn't reduce. I have pcod and weight increased after puberty. Can I opt for ayurvedic massage for obesity and pcod ?
Health benefits of Cashew
Cashew nuts or cajus as we know them in India are widely loved and used in almost every course of food, from starters and snacks to the main course to dessert. Apart from being a delectable food, it also has numerous health benefits. Few of them are:
1. When compared to other nuts, they contain low fat content which is in the form of oleic acid. Oleic acid is good for the heart. Cashews also happen to be free of cholesterol and have anti-oxidants which help keep the heart healthy.
2. Magnesium present in the cashews helps them to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
3. One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help fight cancer. They have high copper content and also have flavonoids called proanthocyanidins which help fight cancer cells in colon cancer.
4. The copper in cashews helps in maintaining the right color of the hair.
5. Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
6. The magnesium in cashews ensures that there is enough magnesium on the bones' surface and calcium cannot enter the nerve cells, thus ensuring healthy nerves.
7. Cashews have selenium, magnesium, and copper which all act as antioxidants.
8. They help in growth, digestion, and development of the body.
9. Despite being considered fatty, cashews have good cholesterol. Despite popular belief, it is good to eat cashew at least once or twice a week.
10. The risk of developing gallstones reduces by one-fourth, with a daily intake of cashew nuts.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Healthy Being a VEGAN Really is?
I am a 29 year old lady and planning to get married next February. By March I will be 30. What problem may I face while conceiving as I will be 30 already.
Vagina is one of the most delicate organs of your body. While you tend to the hygiene of other body parts, caring for the vagina either doesn’t strike you or it is too taboo a thing to be discussed about. Vaginal rashes are prevalent among many women and in most cases, they are not aware of ways to approach the problem. Rashes can lead to extreme uneasiness and if neglected, could even cause complicate health disorders. Thus vaginal rashes should be treated with proper medical assistance and watchful sanitation.
Factors that can cause vaginal rashes:
1. Warts in and around a person’s genital: Warts are infections that can have a painful and disturbing effect on your health. Genital warts are the result of sexually transmitted infections. The diverse kinds of human papillomavirus are known to trigger the formation of vaginal rashes.
2. Infections caused due to the predominance of viruses: Vaginal rashes may exhibit themselves in the form of aching blisters. This symptom could be indicative of Genital Herpes that further needs medical expertise to be dealt with.
3. Folliculitis could cause suffering: The base of a hair shaft is indeed a sensitive area. Any infection pertaining to hair shafts surfacing usually in the form of a red lump can worsen to cause rashes in your genitalia.
4. A cyst in the Bartholin gland could be the reason: A Bartholin gland is one of the two glands positioned at the opening of a person’s vagina. A cyst might happen to develop in any one of these glands due to accumulation of fluids produced by the glands itself. Secondary symptoms of such a condition could be red, itchy rashes.
Symptoms that help a doctor identify the prevalence of rashes in your vagina:
1. Redness of the skin in and around one’s vagina is a characteristic feature of an underlying problem.
2. Your vagina could itch persistently preventing you from free movement. Constant itching can also hamper your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life.
3. The skin around your vagina can become excessively dry and peel off as a result.
4. Tenderness and soreness are common symptoms that make sitting or lying down troublesome.
5. Vaginal rashes may or may not be accompanied by a stinging, throbbing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.