Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Natural Cycle Ivf Treatment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
I'm a 17 year old girl. I started developing breasts around the age of 10. Since I started developing breasts I've had a semi hard kinda movable lump in both of my breasts. Recently there has been a little pain but that is probably due to the increased dose of birth control (for dysmenorrhea). The.
From last 5 years i am not getting pregnant all reports everything are normal, after intercourse sperm is coming out. Please advise.
Hello I am 25 yrs old. I am having a problem of irregular menstrual cycles and due to that m keep on gaining weight. What should I do?
I have a lump in my left breast since 3years but the mammography doesn't show anything and the report also says that everything is normal. What it can be?
Exams, work, parties, stress, worries – there numerous reasons because of which we do not sleep well and begin the next day sleep deprived. At times, this extends to multiple times in a week and before we realize, it poses bigger health health hazards than you can imagine.
10 health hazards sleep deprivation can lead to-
1) Induces Accidents - If you haven’t slept well the night before, you are bound to be drowsy. It is extremely unsafe to drive when sleepy, as this puts you at a high risk of meeting with an accident. Not just while driving, there are known to be more accidents inside the office, when one is sleep deprived.
2) Makes You Dumb - When sleep deprived, our senses are not alert. And when our senses are not alert, our brain slackens. Lack of sleep impairs attention, reasoning, concentration, and reasoning. It takes us time to grasp situations and facts, we tend to be dumb.
3) Poses Serious Health Threats - Sleep disorders are known to cause heart attack, heart disease, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, stroke, diabetes, insomnia and high blood pressure.
4) Dip in Sex Drive - Sleep deprivation depletes one’s energy and increases tension in the mind. This leads to lack of concentration and a massive dip in one’s sex drive. Both men and women are known to express lowered interest in sex when they are sleep deprived.
5) Ages Your Skin - We all know that one sleepless night gives us puffy eyes and sallow skin. However, chronic sleep disorder also results in fine lines, dark circles under the eyes and lackluster skin. Human growth hormones are released while we sleep. So the lesser one sleep, the lesser is the hormone released. And thus affects our skin.
6) Leads To Depression - Depression feeds on insomnia and vice versa. While good sleep at regular intervals is known to calm the senses and helps treat depression, lack of sleep at times aggravates the symptoms of depression.
7) Makes You Forgetful - When sleep deprived, one tends to be forgotten. Not a surprise since due to lack of sleep, one is not alert as it is. Scientifically explained, one needs to be in deep sleep for the sharp wave ripples to occur and sharpen one’s memory.
8) Causes Weight Gain - Studies say that the more one sleeps, the more weight they lose. And in instances of sleep deprivation, exactly the opposite happens. Sleeping less than six hours a day increases your risk to be obese, according to studies.
9) Increases Risk Of Chronic Diseases - Lack of sleep increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It is very important to sleep the required amount of hours, every night, to assist all organs to function smoothly.
10) Impairs judgement - Sleep deprivation affects focus and other senses. This in turn impairs judgment as one might find it difficult to focus while taking decisions. You might start sleeping lesser than 7-8 hours and find that your body has adjusted to it, however in the long run, it will start showing adverse effects on your body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I had sex on 4th jan 2017 and the condom got turned. So the semen was released in my vagina. After that within 2 hours on the same day I had taken emergency contraceptive pill. But till today I have not encountered any spotting or bleeding. Which I generally get after taking an emergency contraceptive pill. What to do?
I had sex before 4 month . And my period was coming on time but this full month my period do not came . Is there is any chance to b pregnant.
Hi, My wife is pregnant from 40days and we don't want baby right now. Please suggest me what should I do. Any medicine or abortion?
Age 28/F married. I conceived which I came to know via prega news meter. I doubted as it was 10 days above of my periods cycle but not get periods. We are not ready to have baby now so could you please suggest us the way to get dissolve it. Weigh: 45 to 49.
One of my friends is suffering from breast cancer and it is said that intense pain is there. How can we be away from cancer?
I'm 21years old. My question is that during my menstruation days I have severe stomachache and weakness and it lasts for 5 days. During these days I also feel cozy. What should I do?
We are planning to start a family know but my wife not able to conceive. We consult with 2 docs and done some test but nothing unusual came under test report. Kindly advice and if possible who is the best doctor for that and to whom we will consult.
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.