Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. P Venkat RaoYour feedback matters!
Abdomen pain or abdominal pain is usually experienced in the area between the chest and the stomach. This kind of pain usually comes as a dull cramp that also produces shooting stabs of pains intermittently, or it may be a localised pain in one side of the stomach. This may also be accompanied by inflammation, and other diseases related to organs like intestines, kidneys, pancreas, liver, spleen and stomach.
So what are the causes of stomach or abdomen pain? Read on to find out:
- Food Poisoning: Food poisoning can be caused due to dirty water or contaminated food. This can give rise to various infections as well as conditions like traveller's diarrhoea or loose motions.
- Gastro Intestinal Conditions: GERD or gastroesophaegal reflux disease and gastroenteritis, among various others can also lead to abdomen pain as a symptom along with severe acidity and nausea. Irritable bowel syndrome is another major ailment which can leave you with persistent abdominal pain.
- Generalised Pain: This kind of pain occurs in the overall area all around the stomach and may point at the presence of conditions like Crohn's Disease, a traumatic injury, appendicitis, flu, or even a urinary tract infection. Further, when the gas settles and tightens the stomach due to the inability to pass a motion on a normal, regular basis, this may be termed as constipation. This also leads to abdomen pain.
- Localised Lower Abdomen Pain: Pain that is found specifically in the lower area of the abdomen can be caused due to appendicitis, obstruction or blockage in the intestine or colon, and other ailments. This pain can also be accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Localised Upper Abdomen Pain: This kind of pain may emanate due to the presence of gallstones, liver inflammation or hepatitis, pneumonia, or even in the middle of a heart attack.
- Localised Centre Abdomen Pain: Pain in the centre part of the stomach or abdomen may be caused due to gastroenteritis, an injury or even the accumulation of waste products in the body, otherwise known as uraemia.
- Abdomen Pain and Women: For women, such localised pain may be caused due to pelvic inflammatory disease, urinary tract infection, endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy, menstrual cramps which are also called dysmenorrhoea, and fibroids. Miscarriages can also cause pain in this part of the abdomen, for women.
- Renal Stones: Renal stones or stone in kidney is one of the most common cause of abdomen pain. The pain caused by kidney stone is such that it can make a patient roll in bed and this pain may radiate to toward the groin as well.
Persistent pain and nausea that come with vomiting and finally give rise to blood in the vomit or stool should be checked by the doctor immediately, so as to rule out any serious ailment. Imaging tests, ultrasound and an X-Ray can help in diagnosis.
I have redness and rashes below my penis on my scrotum , it itches at times , I do not know how did I get it ? Which cream should I apply, will it go by it self, is it a sexually transmitted disease?
I am suffering from premature ejaculation and nightfall for 7 years because my penis muscles are weak can I use himcolin cream and tentex royal capsule.
Good Morng Mam, Meri 15 dino se tbyt kharab h, thakan, stomach pain, back pain, ji ghabrane, or alag alag chije khana Maine check b kiya tha pr pregnancy ni dikha rha. I want to know what should I do?
I am suffering from cold from last ten days but still it is not getting well. What do I do. Daily I taking paracetamol but still its not working so I changed that medicine. Name decold total. Is it good?
In winter season my skin was dry and some of the place having bleeding what I do for this? And I have headache in in morning what I do for this.
Sir, My age is 18 years. I have suffer from problem since 3 months the symptoms is breathing problem all time, burning sensation in throat, difficult in yawing (opening in mouth also) feeling of something stuck in throat, balance problem also. This symptoms occur every day is this normal or serious and also treatable. I checked this problem from physician but he gave me antacids tablets but the condition is not till now. Please say what I can do?
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body
I am suffering from small nose on my head for past one year some Dr. says it's because of leak calcium or impure blood and etc but can someone please explain what is this and how to get rid of this problem what medicines should I take.
I am having fewer for two days around 103 degree and it is not coming down. I have taken crocin 500 mg 4 times a day for past 2 days. I don't have any swelling in body. I am confused that is dengue, chickengunia or it's a normal fewer.
I have USG for KUB Rt. Kidney is 96*48 nd cortical thick of 13 mm Lt. Kidney is 106*51 nd cortical thick 13 mm B/L kidneys are normal in size position nd sinus echogenisity No overfilling is seen in either kidney LEFT KIDNEY _ shows overfilling and dilatation of Lt. Ureter nd 5 mm calculus is seen in left lower ureter at veisco ureteric junction. What should I do, tell me please help me, I am getting so much pain.
I'm a 21 year old girl. I have been getting constant headaches since the past one week. What could be the reason and the cure?
What are you doing for your teeth? Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to taking care of the things you depend on most. Get the most mileage out of your mouth by using these strategies in your dental care routine.
Watch What Gets In Your Grill
A grill on a car keeps harmful things from getting under the hood. Think of your own grill as a filter system for your entire body. Everybody’s mouth is full of germs—some good, some bad. The bad ones can cause cavities and gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss. Severe gum disease is also associated with other medical problems, like diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
Keep Your Fuel Tank Full
You wouldn’t put just anything in your fuel tank, so be aware of what you're putting in your mouth. Keep your engine running with a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables.
Practice Preventative Maintenance
Your car won’t get very far without fresh oil and proper tire pressure. Your teeth also need regular care. Daily brushing and flossing are the best ways to keep your mouth healthy.
Get a Tune Up
Taking your car in for a tune up can extend the life of your vehicle and catch small repairs before they turn into big fixes. Regular visits to your dentist and good dental habits can prevent many dental diseases and will keep you smiling for years to come.