Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. P Venkat RaoYour feedback matters!
I have hepatitis e .any recommendation in diet? Like should I control on eating or if I feel alright appetite wise, shall I go ahead with whatever food I like?
Hi, I mostly suffering from cough and cold. Sometimes my nose also start bleeding. What should I do?
I doesn't sleep since two days, I tried home remedies for headache, but not get solution, please help me.
Doctor, I am 46 and diabetic for about 2 years now. Last week, I scalded the inner side my right ankle just above the ankle bone. It hasn't healed yet and now the foot has a tingling sensation. I am using honey to cure the wound as my physician as well as information online say that honey is a natural remedy for burns, wounds in diabetics and I have experienced its healing power with an earlier wound. Please advise me, doctor. Thank you.
My dad is 48 years old and he is recently discovered with a 15 mm gallbladder stone. He has also high blood sugar level. So my question is, is it necessary to have surgery only for removal of stone or it can be dissolved with medicine? if surgery is required than what kind of surgeries are available.
I have head pain daily evening what can I do? Why this type of pain comes daily? Daily I had pain killer tablet.
I am 25 year female and am facing some issues in my right ear. I can't hear properly. I have fever throat pain and coughing. What should i do?
Does masturbation reduce blood from body What yo do to maintain equal balance I oftenly do 2 times or single time in a week.
I am suffering from sex disease (age 42 years) 1 Discharge in 15 to 20 seconds 2 Blood circulation in penis not proper, because of this erection problem Please suggest proper medicin
I am just 26 years old. And I am worrying about my penis size. So. I need your help. How to make bigger as soon as possible. Kindly suggest me. Thank you sir.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.