Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P N AnithaYour feedback matters!
Dr Anitha, is one of the very few approachable and friendly doctor I've met till date. I had a problem in conceiving. I was suggested to go for IVF from one of the doctor, which made me to loose hope to conceive normal way. I met Dr. Anitha, she said IVF is not required and she gave treatment to conceive normally, she kept her words and now I'm pregnant. Dr. Anitha’s honest and positive approach was enough to boost me and she never let me down. She is not out to make money, but she truly is a soul out for the benefit of mankind, the care, the time, the devotion she spends is unparalleled. she is good after patient care. She responded for all my queries without hesitation. Her attitude makes us feel very comfortable, she's very confident and extremely dedicated. I can say she's proved lucky for me.
I used a condom while having sex. But I still fear if the girl will get pregnant. Could you please recommend some over the counter contraceptives that can be taken by the girl as a double precaution? I have heard of ipill but have learnt that it has to be taken to avoid pregnancy after having unprotected sex, also that it should not be taken on regular basis If I want to have sex every day and not use condom. Is there a contraceptive I can ask the girl to take to avoid pregnancy?
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
I am a female of age 17 I always find a some white sticky substance in my lower inner wear. Help me out.
My wife has been diagnosed with cervical fibroid recently during an Ultrasound. 2 years before the ultrasound done was fine but recently done again and the report says "There is evidence of well defined hypoechoic lesion measuring 38.3 mm x 26.8 mm is seen in the cervix, the lesion appeared to be connected with endometrium- S/o? Polyp?? Cervical fibroid" Now the doctor has advised a small surgery in which they use a tube and camera to put inside and remove the same with some radiations. As per them its too big and medicines will not help. Do you advise we can get it done and its safe? Also should we get the ultrasound done again for confirmation? please advise. Thank u.
Hi good morning. I have confusion. May I take unwanted 72' but we have used condom. If nothing will be inside then is it harmful to take unwanted 72.
Dear sir, my baby is three months old but I still get extreme pain during breast feeding her, can you please help me with some suggestions or name some medicine that reduces the pain.
Supplemental enzymes do help some people better access nutrients from the food they eat, especially if they suffer from digestive distress. Instead of reaching for a pill, consider your lifestyle habits and diet as a way to naturally increase the production of the digestive enzymes in your body.
Digestive enzymes may be in their most readily available form when you eat them in foods that are in their raw state. Raw food dieters claim that the digestive enzymes in vegetables and fruit are diminished when these foods are heated to 118 degrees Fahrenheit. However, your stomach acids often break down these enzymes immediately, even when you eat raw food.
But, increasing your intake of raw foods - particularly fruits and vegetables - can help cleanse your system and improve digestion, because they contain large amounts of fibre, antioxidants and phytonutrients. A healthy gut produces appropriate amounts and appropriate types of digestive enzymes.
Supplement your normal diet with foods that also offer large amounts of digestive enzymes.
Sprouted seeds and legumes, soaked nuts, papaya, pineapple, mango and kiwi all serve as a significant source of digestive enzymes. Avocado, raw honey, coconut oil and raw dairy products are other quality sources.
Body and Mind are the physical manifestations of Supreme Energy .They get inflicted with pain, sickness disease on account of attachment to emotions like anger, jealously, fear, ego etc in our day to day life. Everyone cannot endure it with utmost calmness and positivity. Many gather negativity pessimism, guilt and remain frustrated forever. They develop abhorrence towards life.
As a doctor I feel that the only solution for this is to make them realize about their Inner Consciousness. This Consciousness is merely not a word but a connection with the Real Self; a mother who nurtures, cares and pours affection on her progeny.
Conceiving this on my clients I could observe a huge change in their health, their excitement growing gradually. They could explore their hidden potentials, strengths; became passionate, optimistic towards life. Indeed they could surmise a purpose to their life. They were healed at all levels be it physical-mental-Spiritual. They could face the world fearlessly and were accepted in it whole heartedly. So a simple holistic environment could do wonders with minimum efforts.
Time to ponder over it and communicate your inner apprehensions and queries to get healed at the core. Isn’t it!
Dr Neeraj Gupta
More than half the patients with blood pressure are patients of diabetes too. Get your BP checked every time when you visit your doctor! Both BP and Diabetes have bad effects on kidney and as such should be controlled together asap!
My age is 52 years old. I have an problem menstruation and bleeding very often. My hemoglobin is low. What should I do?
I am suffering from itching in vagina from last 5 days I go to a skin specialist he suggest me some tablets and cream but it can not work means I still have itching. Cream is caspino tablet is limkast itrajet200 etc.
My mom 50 years has ovarian cancer and the reading of pre ca-125 was 9100 and after 6 chemo it is 150 nw what we have to do? Dr. Said us for surgery? is there any complication comes after surgery or not?
I had a c-section its been 7 months now. I am 80 kgs but I used to be 50 kgs I want to reduce it as fast as I can. Nw I am breastfeeding. What type of exercise and diet should I maintain. I have not started anything. Bcoz I am kind scared about my operation.
I am 26 years old n m 21 weeks pregnant does test for babies brain development test tat is done in 16th to 18th can b correctly done 20th week.
Garlic can do wonders to your libido. Garlic has always been seen as a miracle herb that heals body organs. It normalizes the blood flow especially towards the penis. Many ancient civilizations have used garlic to increase and heal the sexuality. I have personally tried garlic and can vouch for its powers. It is not only good for vitality and little jhony it is also great for your general health.
How to Use:
You can eat three to four garlic cloves daily for a if you are having difficulty getting an erection. You can cut that down to three times a week after a month. that is if you start feeling better down there. you can also use grated garlic in your meat to get the desired result but raw garlic cloves work much better. Your breath will be awful but I am sure your partner won’t complain after your performance in bed.