Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P N Anitha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P N AnithaYour feedback matters!
Dr Anitha, is one of the very few approachable and friendly doctor I've met till date. I had a problem in conceiving. I was suggested to go for IVF from one of the doctor, which made me to loose hope to conceive normal way. I met Dr. Anitha, she said IVF is not required and she gave treatment to conceive normally, she kept her words and now I'm pregnant. Dr. Anitha’s honest and positive approach was enough to boost me and she never let me down. She is not out to make money, but she truly is a soul out for the benefit of mankind, the care, the time, the devotion she spends is unparalleled. she is good after patient care. She responded for all my queries without hesitation. Her attitude makes us feel very comfortable, she's very confident and extremely dedicated. I can say she's proved lucky for me.
Liposuction is a process of fat removal from the body through means of suction. This process involves insertion of thin, small and blunt tubes through cuts and incisions on the skin. These tubes are then used to suck out the fats from your body.
There are multiple liposuction techniques such as:
- Laser assisted liposuction: In this technique, low energy waves are used to melt the fat which is then removed via the tubes inserted in the body.
- Tumescent liposuction: This procedure initially involves administration of local anesthesia to the part of the body where the tube will be inserted. A large amount of anesthetic solution is then injected into the fat tissues in the body before embarking on the traditional liposuction procedure. General anesthesia is not required for this procedure.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction: In this technique, the fat is liquefied by using ultrasound waves. Using this technique, it is easier to remove fat from the sides of the body, upper abdomen and the back.
General info: The procedure is an outpatient procedure and generally does not require an overnight stay at the hospital. Usually local anesthesia is used in this procedure unless it is large amounts of fat that need to be worked on.
What is the objective?: The main purpose of the procedure is not to reduce weight, but to reshape certain parts of your body by getting rid of the fat. It is generally preferred for areas in your body which do not respond to either exercises or diet, such as the buttocks, upper arms and the legs. In some cases, it is combined with other procedures such as face lift, breast reduction and abdominoplasty.
What does it take care of?: Certain medical conditions such as fatty tumors, complications in fat metabolism and enlargement of the male breasts are treated by liposuction. You may notice an improvement in your body shape immediately after the procedure. The skin around the area where the procedure has been performed may turn loose and it may take a few months for the area to be normal again. After the procedure, a course of antibiotics may be prescribed to treat any infection that may occur. The recovery period is around a few days to one week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I'm 32 week pregnant. I have pain in my pelvic bone. It is more when I try to change my position like sitting to standing, sleeping to sitting or sleep position. How can I get rid of this pain? Why am I getting pain? This is my second pregnancy. First was c section delivery due to breech presentation of baby.
Giving birth is a life-changing event for every mother and it leaves an everlasting impression in your life. Every delivery is unique and you can just gain from the experience of others, but don’t expect it to be the same.
You will experience many changes in your body and will learn to take care of yourself and your growing baby as soon as you find out that you are pregnant. Pain is a part of labour that every woman has to undergo. It is the fear of labour pain that make many pregnant women opt for c-section. However there is no denying the fact that c-section is a major surgery and requires several days to recover.
Keep in mind the following tips to go in for a normal delivery:
- Try to get prenatal education, which guides you about labour, birth and natural labour pain management techniques, such as breathing, self-hypnosis, relaxation and other coping mechanisms. You should check with your hospital too as most of them offer an evening or weekend course.
- Pick a gynaecologist who has a history in delivering babies naturally.
- Keep yourself physically active by doing mild exercises throughout pregnancy.
- You should keep a calm environment in your labour room.
- Don’t gain too much weight as women who aren't overweight do not have much difficulty in delivering babies vaginally.
- Opt for fewer rather as more tests, treatments and interventions during your pregnancy tend to interfere with normal birth. Whenever tests or procedures are recommended, you should ask about the need of undergoing such tests.
- Continue with your walks as it helps in relieving the pain.
- Go in for a water therapy. A shower, bathtub, birthing pool and hot compresses are other tools for easing pain and helping you relax. Spend as much time as possible in water.
- Use various positions such as sitting on the toilet, kneeling, and squatting to ease vaginal delivery.
- Massage/back rubs equally help in easing the pain.
- You can also go in for Effleurage which is a light massage of the abdomen to ease your vaginal delivery.
- Apply warm or cold compresses.
- Avoid hearing negative stories about labour.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet as the health and development of your baby depends on your nutrition.
- Stay away from stress and anxiety. Read good books about parenting and be in the company of good lively people.
- Use relaxation/breathing techniques to keep yourself calm.
- Guided meditation and prayers undoubtedly will reinforce your faith in yourself to deliver a baby vaginally.
- Have adequate sleep. Avoid drinking tea or coffee two hours before going to bed in order to have uninterrupted sleep.
Following these tips religiously can definitely increase your chances of having a normal delivery.