Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nivedita Chandrasekhar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita ChandrasekharYour feedback matters!
Am 15 week pregnant morning I was fall down from headchecker bt I did not get any pain but still am scared about my baby so it will effect to baby.
Hi, My wife is 6 month pregnant and always have pain in lower stomach or cramp on his stomach from last few week she also have slowing in his leg. The doctor whom I consent says that it is symptom of pregnancy. Please suggest any home remedy for this problem.
How to keep the kidneys healthy?
1. Prevent or control hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and diabetes.
2. Exercise regularly; at least 30 min per day.
3. Take adequate natural vitamins and minerals in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables (except moderation in leafy vegetables, beans and tomato)
4. Reduce salt intake (<4 g /day).
5. Reduce animal protein (chicken, mutton, fish, milk etc) intake.
How to keep your urine healthy?
1. Drink 3 to 4 litre of fluids/day to keep urine output > 2 to 2.5 litre/day.
Make sure that your urine is not yellowish.
2. Increase good minerals like citrate, potassium and magnesium in urine. All these are abundant in fruits, especially citrus fruits like lemon and orange.
3. Decrease bad minerals like calcium, oxalate, uric acid and sodium in urine.
4. Do not reduce calcium intake too much.
Calcium is required for bones, teeth, muscles etc. Moreover, too much reduction in calcium increases oxalate in urine leading to stones. 2 small glasses of milk per day is acceptable.
5. Non-vegetarian diet increases uric acid production. Reduce them.
6. Tea, coffee, tomato, greens, chocolate and beans are rich in oxalate. Moderation is required.
With all these dietary modifications your kidneys may still be excreting large amounts of bad minerals and less of good minerals due to genetic predisposition. These can be checked in 24 hour urine tests. If so, you may need some special medications to prevent stones. Your endourologist will help you customize your dietary pattern and medications to dissolve and prevent further stones.
Healthy life, healthy kidneys, no more stones!
Iam 23 year old. I have late periods that 2 months and 3 months. please tell me. How to get regular periods and what can I do?
My breast are leaking milk, nipple discharge. Pleasehelp me what is it, I am suffering from pcod and I have skin allergy that is urticaria.
Dear Doctor, i am a sexually active 30 years old male, and used to have sexual intercourse with few females before, but around 3 months back, i had intercourse with my girlfriend and now she is complaining of whitish vaginal discharge at the time of ovulation every month, which she had not experienced before, and also once she developed some kind of vesicles in her vulva area following the intercourse, i dont have any symptom in me, but i am scared i may be having STDs. Kindly help me.
Hi doctor me and my bf we had protective sex and now I missed my periods. For last 4 days there was only some drop of bloods. Is there anything that I have to worry about?
Weather-induced disorders and illnesses are quite common in tropical countries like India. Till some years back, general hygienic conditions prevailing, particularly in the rural areas were causing many such diseases. But there has been a dramatic improvement in the environment now. However, over exposure to climatic conditions like cold and frost can be harmful. Chilblains is a typical condition brought on by frost bite and due to lack of adequate protection to the feet and the hands. Homeopathy has effective remedies for this condition.
- Chilblains brought about by exposure to severe cold and/or due to frostbite.
- Though the feet (toes) and hands are the most affected parts, the condition can affect the other parts of the body as well, like the ears and face.
- Typical symptoms include lesions on the skin, red hot inflammation and in some cases swelling too can be seen.
- The affected skin can become itchy and burning sensation can also be sensed.
- The elderly, women and children, are the most vulnerable to contract Chilblains though other groups are not immune to it if they too are exposed to the cold for long periods.
- Physical examination is the only diagnosis needed by the medical practitioner before the treatment is started; in a rare case, a skin biopsy is recommended
- Keeping the affected area dry and warm are very important before, during and after the treatment
- Within Homeopathy, the most frequently recommended remedies for Chilblains are Agaricus and Pulsatilla
- Both the internal medicine route and external application of suitable cream/ointment are adopted for treatment
- The internal medicines Agaricus and Pulsatilla are taken in the form of granules and the dosage in terms of the grams to be taken and the number of times in a day will be advised by the homeopathic medical practitioner; for external application, the same are used in tincture form
- The dosage also varies according to the severity of the condition and the age of the person suffering from Chilblains.
- There are other formulations also prescribed by the practitioners
- In general practice, Homeopathy advises that people prone to this condition should start taking the medicines even before the severe cold conditions start
Homeopathy is a stream of medicine that reaches the root of the disorder and takes a long term position that prevention is better than cure. These treatment methods, including for conditions like Chilblains, are recommended after taking a holistic view of the person’s age, body structure health condition and so on. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!