Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neele Lakshmikanth Relekar
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Neele Lakshmikanth RelekarYour feedback matters!
From last 1 year I have ED problem, even I doing workout in gym my fitness is good. Give some tips for solve this problem. For this problem am going depression.
How to Know If You're in Love?
A Valentine’s Day brings with it basket full of love that lasts a week and it’s time to find and express love. Falling in love is one of the best, most rewarding feelings in the world! Some of us have had the opportunity of falling in love, while others have misunderstood infatuation for love. Everyone has their own definitions of what love is and what they want it to be. However, here are a few things that will make sure you know you’re in love with someone and you don’t just have a huge crush on him/her.
1. He/she is the best part of your day
If you look forward to seeing your special person because he/she is the best part of your day; it is probably love! He/she is the first person you want to share your news with whether it is good or bad.
2. You love their imperfections
You accept that person for who he/she truly is. The smallest of imperfections don’t upset you. In fact, these imperfections make you love them even more. You look at their imperfections as the tiny things that make them unique.
3. You become a better person
He/she truly brings out the best in you. They help you deal with your negative qualities and highlight your positives. They make you a better human being just by being there with you through it all.
4. He/she is your best friend
The bond you two share is not just a normal girlfriend-boyfriend bond. Over time you’ll become best friends, partners in crime. Parties seem boring without him/her by your side, coming home becomes a lot more fun because you get to come home to him/her. You can share anything, even your deepest, darkest, most embarrassing secrets with him/her.
5. You think long term
You find it hard to imagine your future without him/her in it and you’ll do anything to make sure things between the two of you work. You understand the importance of having him/her in your life and you’re completely willing to give up on temporary satisfactions that might ruin your future with your special person.
There are tons of other ways for you to know you’re really in love with someone. When people say, “it is the little things that count”, it is these little things that they mean.
I have a heavy voice which cannot be understandable by others when I speak to them in a faster way. I would like make my smooth and clear, in fact I want to make my voice smoother and clear. What should be done about this?
I am facing anxiety without any reason and have been trying meditation, exercise and good sleep without any effect. I have to take alprax. 25 or it's half daily. Will it cause any health issues if taken regularly. I have been taking it since 2 months.
Kleptomania is a form of psychiatric disorder. It is a difficult disorder, and an affected person experiences a lot of shame, remorse, stress or feels guilt, which are associated with stealing. It is categorized as an impulse control disorder which affects the behavior of a patient. Kleptomania may be associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder. The patient develops an impulse to steal and cannot control this impulse and later feels guilty.
Here are several tips which you can use in order to deal with kleptomania.
- Understanding the situation: It must be clearly understood that a kleptomaniac person does not steal with the intention of becoming rich. It is done only for mental satisfaction and to pacify the urge of stealing that comes from within to an affected person. The patient usually does not care about the object he steals, but he only cares about the act of stealing. Usually, kleptomaniac patients steal insignificant things. When an affected patient becomes extremely nervous or fearful, they tend to steal an object. After the act, they feel much better and relieved. Later, a feeling of guilt arises in the person about his stealing act.
- Treat the affected person gently: A kleptomaniac person requires love, care and great understanding from his/her loved ones or family members in order to recover. The problem and the situation must be recognized and perceived carefully. A person close to the patient should deal with him gently and try to make him understand. In many situations, a kleptomaniac may be aware of his actions but does not confess to avoid harassment.
- The situation is different from stealing: It must be kept in mind that the actions of a kleptomaniac cannot be exactly termed as stealing. Stealing is an organized activity done by conscious individuals in order to gain something material or money related. Kleptomania is an act of impulse which a patient conducts for psychological satisfaction. The patients are fully aware that stealing is not the right thing, but yet they cannot control their impulse to steal.
- Treatment procedures: Once a kleptomaniac person accepts that they are suffering from a disorder, professional help must be taken. Cognitive Behavior Therapy is the primary treatment for kleptomania. This includes aversion therapy where a distraction is created when a person develops the impulse to steal an object. Systematic desensitization is another process where a patient is made to imagine a scenario to get over the urge of stealing. Covert desensitization makes a patient imagine negative impacts of the stealing act such as arrest or harassment.
The social life of a kleptomaniac becomes very difficult and both the patient, and his family are subjected to a lot of trouble and harassment. Necessary measures must be taken for kleptomania.