Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neele Lakshmikanth Relekar
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Neele Lakshmikanth RelekarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have been drinking alcohol since 20 years. And I suddenly stopped drinking. I ll not drink further. Is it any harmful to give it up suddenly ? I feel headache sometimes, and I have become somewhat thin.
Sir I am a regular consumer of cigarettes and its something I tried quitting a lot. Of. Times but not succeed so my question is it possible to reduce its harms?
What is addiction and how to determine if someone is addicted to any thing like smoking, alcohol etc.
How to Quiet my smoking habit. I have use all experiments but I get negative Answer so kindly suggests me.
Since 2011 I have been suffering from a disease. I every time talk with me. Feeling much depression. Will it be cured at all? please sir give me satisfactory answer.
There are instances when a kid doesn’t show the usual signs of development compared to their peers. Most parents take it casually thinking that their child will catch up in due course only to find a larger problem associated with it. It is therefore extremely important to discuss speech and language related delays with a medical practitioner to find out whether a child is immature or has a genuine problem which requires medical help. A child can show different signs as per age:
Different age group:
- Within the first 12 months, a baby should be able to relate to his environment and make babbling and cooing sound. It is often observed that by month 9, a baby is capable of stringing sounds after seeing things. If a baby is intently watching objects, but is unable to make any sound, this may be an early symptom of speech or language related problem.
- Between the 12th and the 15th month, a baby should be capable of making a wide array of sounds including few commonly used words. Babies should also be able to take few basic instructions and oblige those.
- Between the age of 18th and 24th months, a baby becomes smart enough to pronounce anywhere in the range of 20 to 50 words. They also start combining words and make simple sentences. They should be capable of identifying common objects and remember their names.
- By the age of 3, a toddler should be smart enough to combine 4-5 words and form sentences. Kids of this age also become smart enough to take straightforward instructions and perform them comfortably. Any deviation on this should be immediately reported to the Doctor.
What are the warning signs?
- Fails to use gesture
- Use more gesture than vocalising by the age of 18 months
- Produce no voice by 18th-month
- Fails to perform simple instructions
A child between the age of 2-3 needs evaluation if:
- Capable of imitating words but isn’t spontaneous in vocalising
- Repeats certain words multiple times
- The tone of voice is unusual compared to his peers
Possible causes of speech and language delay:
- Problems with palate leading to oral impairments
- Short frenulum restricting sufficient tongue movement to produce speech
- Oral-motor problems leading to speech limitation
- Problems related to hearing
- Chronic infection of the ear leading to speech delay
What does the pathologist assess?
- What can the child speak?
- What can the child understand?
- Oral-motor status
- Clarity of speech
Post the above evaluation a pathologist directs a plan of action. Sometimes speech therapy sessions are recommended in order to improve kids’ skill. For a motor related problem, a doctor can state a plan of action and limit the expectation of parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a type of personality disorder characterized by an ongoing pattern of varying moods, self-image and behaviour. This often results in impulsive actions and problems in relationships and at work. You may experience intense episodes of various emotions like anger, depression and anxiety that may last for a few hours to a few days.
Diagnosis of BPD
If you experience the following 10 symptoms for a long time or if they have had a huge impact on your daily life, you may say that you are suffering from BPD:
- Feeling of being abandoned. You feel that people may abandon you and are constantly worried about that. You would do anything to stop it.
- Frequent mood swings. You experience intense emotions that last from a few hours to a few days. E.g. You suddenly start feeling low and depressed after feeling very happy and confident for a while.
- Lack of identity. You don’t know who you are and do not have a strong sense of your being.
- Unable to sustain relationships. You find it very hard to retain relationships and make new ones.
- You feel empty from within all the time.
- Make impulsive decisions and show sudden reactions. You do things to harm yourself like binge eating, drug abuse or driving dangerously.
- You inflict pain on yourself or have suicidal feelings.
- You have anger issues which are very difficult to control.
- You get paranoid or dissociate when you’re stressed.
- You experience all your emotions very intensely be it anger, happiness or sadness.
Self-Care - How can you help yourself?
If you start feeling overwhelmed, focus on one feeling at a time. It will help channelize your energy and thoughts into finding a solution for that emotion. Different therapies help different people at different times. You are the best judge to decide what benefits you the most.
Follow these tips to get through the various emotions that you may experience.
- When you are angry and frustrated
- Rip a newspaper
- Hit a pillow
- Listen to your favourite music
- Go for a walk or do some vigorous exercise
- When you are depressed and lonely
- Wrap yourself in a blanket and watch your favourite movie or TV show.
- Write all the negative feelings on a piece of paper and tear the paper.
- Use positive affirmations to comfort yourself.
- Cuddle a pillow/pet/soft toy
- When you are tensed and anxious
- When you want to harm yourself
- Rub ice over the parts where you want to hurt yourself.
- Take a cold-water bath to cool yourself.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!