Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Neele Lakshmikanth RelekarYour feedback matters!
1. My problem is I sometimes feel that something told by a person has already been told by someone else and it feels very real. Because of which I start to doubt myself. What should I do? 2. Is it I have any delusional problem, what should I do. My memory is becoming bad day by day.
My age is 27 year/male 69 kg, hight 5.10 fit sir I have suffered big problem of depression and headache with hyperacidity since 3 year at that time I have fear to walk. Alonely. I have already seen a neuropsychiatry and take medicine for 9 month and recoverd 70 % and now working as microbiologis in a pharma company since 2.5 year but now again it is headache and head pain and some depression also. I am doing yoga but not effective and also problem to take heavy dose medicine kindly give me proper advice.
I, 22 male, knew the tips to avoid the stress but some of the symptoms still having. Symptoms include rapid heartbeat sometimes in morning, unreasonable situational phobia. Please advise me to free from stress and mental problems in addition to diet and habits. Please no medication.
My friends boyfriend left her because she is not that beautiful according to him. And his family too did not accept her because of her beauty. She loved him so much but he still is confused sometimes he say he lives her sometime he shouts and say he do not. But after all this she have broken a lot .she feel that beauty is more important than her true feeling. She feel sad about her and her beauty. She have lost those feeling and she have even lost sexual feeling. She feel lonely and stressed when she think about it what should she do.
I am suffering from sleep disorder. I am 37 years old my thyroid test reports are normal .I have real issue of anxiety and depression some it happened I could not sleep for the whole night.
Is my shortness of breathing due to depression, as I suddenly completed my school where I was always social but due to some reason I was alone without any social contact for 1 year due to which I feel depressed. So how will I recover?
I am a person with deep anxiety issue. I have problems in coping up with my daily life and I have trust issues. Please help me.
I am 17 years old .I am suffering from a night fall from 4 to 5 years. Weekly once I get a night fall from 4 years .I am getting so sick .My skin is getting to older and I have cut to older men. I did not got any ideas to cure and any answer for this. I have tired a lot .I am student to study but I cannot getting an interest due to my health. My face full of pimples, skin looks like a older and dry. I can not get a marriage also after 21 years. My life is too hard to explain but in this Lybrate I have a hope on doctors who really need to born me again and I want to get any capsules or Medicine for this.
We all have mood swings but not all mood swings have the same intensity. People who have extreme mood swings ranging from depression to manic highs are said to be suffering from bipolar disorder. These extreme moods are known as episodes and usually, last for a few days or even a few weeks. A person suffering from bipolar disorder could have an episode several times a year. This is a very common psychological problem and can affect both children and adults. Though it cannot be cured, this disease can be managed with medication.
There are no known causes for bipolar disorder but genetics may play an important role in triggering Bipolar Disorder. Hence, if a parent or sibling suffers from this condition, you have a risk of developing it as well. An imbalance in the neurotransmitters in the brain may also play a part in the development of this condition. Stress or traumatic events like the loss of a loved one can also increase your risk of suffering from this condition. Given that mood swings affect almost each one of us, bipolar disorder can be difficult to diagnose. Some of the things to look out for are:
- Change in self-esteem
- Unusual talkativeness or quietness
- Being increasingly prone to distractions
- Decreased need for sleep
- Recklessness in terms of spending decisions, relationships etc
It must be kept in mind that a person must display at least 4 of the above symptoms simultaneously to be diagnosed as bipolar. Also, none of these symptoms should be a result or side effect of any kind of medication, drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants.
There are four main types of bipolar disorder:
- Bipolar I: In such cases, the person has at least one episode of elevated moods and associated abnormal behaviour in his or her life. This may be preceded or followed by depressive episodes.
- Bipolar II: In these cases, the person must have suffered from at least one depressive episode. It is very similar to bipolar I except that in bipolar II the highs never reach the manic stage.
- Rapid Cycling: Some people can have 4 or more manic and depressive episodes a year. In such cases, they are said to be rapid cycling. This condition affects 10-20% of bipolar cases.
- Mixed Bipolar: Usually, bipolar patients show mood swings that alternate between manic and depressive moods. However, sometimes a person may experience both elation and depression simultaneously or in rapid succession of each other. These cases are known as mixed bipolar.
Once diagnosed, bipolar disorder can be managed with a combination of medication and psychotherapy. In some cases, electroconvulsive therapy may also be needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.