Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen TYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from Emilio blastoma tumor on my lower jaw.I already had a surjery 2 years back,but it again swelled. Please tell me what to do ?
I feel lots of lumps in my breast, earlier pain was not there. But now I feel pain in my breast. Special in lumps. What should I do?
My husband had thrombosis in neck and was given heparin inj for fifteen days bd but now his platelet count comes down to 131000 which is lower than normal. Shall he stop taking inj or continue. He is undergoing chemotherapy for mediastinal seminoma. please give suggestion.
Hello, I am 45 years old. My father diagnosed for ca prostate at the age of 59 and he is under treatment. Whether I will get the disease as hereditary? what precaution I have to take? any tests have to be done periodically? kindly advise.
Sir, Actually my one right nipple is little bigger than the left one. Also there is red spot around the bigger nipple. I also feel pain sometimes in the bigger nipple when I touch with my hands. Sir is this a Brest Cancer. I also have migraine is this due to migraine? Sir kindly help me I'm afraid to tell my parents.
Is a palpable lump in the side a symptom of colon cancer? Or is it only found as a polyp inside and can not be felt?
I have pain in my breasts, I think they r growing. Can this possible. If yes, is it treatable to normal. And how?
Generally identified as a rare and uncommon phenomenon, vaginal cancer most often occurs in the cells present in the outer lining of the vagina, also called the birth canal. Although primary vaginal cancer is rare and unusual, there are various other types of vaginal cancer that originate elsewhere in the body, but have spread over to your vagina.
Depending upon the nature of origin, vaginal cancer can be divided into the following types:
- Vaginal adenocarcinoma, beginning in the glandular cells on the surface of your vagina
- Vaginal sarcoma, developing in the connective tissue cells and multiple cells lining the walls of your vagina
- Vaginal squamous cell carcinoma, originates in the squamous cells lining the surface of the bacteria
- Vaginal melanoma, developing in melanocytes, the pigment-producing cells in your vagina
Symptoms: As vaginal cancer progresses from one stage to the next, you may experience any one of the following signs and symptoms:
- Diluted, watery vaginal discharge
- Painful urination
- Odd cases vaginal bleeding, for instance, after menopause or after intercourse
- Formation of lumps in your vagina
- Frequent and regular urination
- Pelvic pain
Causes: Normally, cancer develops when healthy cells undergo genetic mutations. Cancer cells are known to break off from pre-existing tumors and can easily spread everywhere, in what is referred to as metastasize.
Beyond the natural process of development, here are a few factors, which may further contribute to the growth of cancerous cells:
- Increasing age
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
What are the symptoms seen in people affected with blood cancer and in how many weeks it starts becoming serious?
I have multiple fibroadenoma in both breast Can I take green tea. Is green tea harmful in fibroadenoma.
I checked my breast lump by mammogram and found it is only fibroblastoma. No malignancy. Is it harmful in future I am 20 years female.
Hello doctor. My age is 21. I have pain in my left breast since 7-8 days. Pehle bhi pain hua hai lekin wo bas 1 din he rahta tha. hamesha esa hota he rehta tha bas 1 din. Mujhe lagta tha ki heart me pain hai. Gastric problem hogi isliye jyada dhani ni diya par abhi feel ho raha h ki problem breast me hai. Thoda sa bhi left breast me pressure pad raha hai ya kuch touch ho raha hai toh pain ho raha hai. What should I do. Is this symptom of breast cancer. Should I consult a doctor. Please give some advice.
Most commonly occurring in children aged 5 or younger, Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer developing from immature nerve cells most often found in and around the adrenal glands. However, it is not limited and can develop in several other areas of the body, like the chest, neck, spine and different areas of the abdomen where nerve cells can be found in clusters.
Depending upon the area of the body affected, signs and symptoms may include:
1. Neuroblastoma in the abdomen:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation or other changes in bowel movements
- A lump of mass under the skin which is anything but tender
2. Neuroblastoma in the chest:
- Chest pain
- Visible changes in the eyes, such as drooping eyelids or unequal pupil size
3. There are other signs and symptoms caused by neuroblastoma. These may include:
- Lumps of tissue found under the skin
- Bruise-like dark circles visible around the eyes
- Proptosis (a condition in which eyeballs seem to protrude from the sockets)
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Unexplained weight loss
Causes: Neuroblastoma typically originates in neuroblasts. These are immature nerve cells formed by the fetus as part of the development process. Eventually, neuroblasts convert into fibres and nerve cells which then make up the constituents of the adrenal gland. Normally, they either mature or gradually disappear. Others, which neither mature nor disappear, form tumors.
A number of problems may result out of neuroblastoma, including:
- Metastasis or spread of the cancerous cells
- Spinal cord compression
- Paraneoplastic symptoms, such as rapid eye movement or difficulty with eye coordination
- Abdominal swelling
Depending on the child's age, the stage of the cancer, or the types of cells involved, the treatment plan varies accordingly:
- Surgery - However, this depends on the size and location of the tumor. Tumors growing near vital organs are too risky to remove
- Chemotherapy - involves the use of chemotherapy drugs
- Radiation therapy - involves high energy beams, like X-rays
- Stem cell transplant or autologous stem cell transplant in case of high-risk neuroblastoma
- Immunotherapy - involves drugs which stimulate the immune system to destroy cancerous cells
Skin cancer most often develops on skin that has faced sun exposure. At the same time, it can also affect skin areas that haven't been exposed to sun's rays. Do you know, skin cancer can be prevented by consuming some foods? Yes, and there are some out there:
1. Fatty fish - Including fatty fish in your diet can shield you against melanoma as they contain the beneficial nutrient Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, these kinds of fatty acids are considered to be best for consumption as unlike saturated fats, they don't increase your risk for certain types of cancer. A study in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that individuals who consume a diet containing fish that is high in these healthy fats have low rates of this form of cancer.
2. Vegetables - This is another food option that is known to possess strong skin cancer-fighting properties. Dark leafy veggies like spinach, kale and broccoli can aid fighting against melanoma. A pigment found in tomatoes called lycopene has properties that guard you against cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers of all kinds. Similarly, the pigment carotenoids found in vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, etc are known to protect against sunburn.
3. Herbs - Including herbs in your diet can help in replenishing the minerals and vitamins that get depleted due to the action of the sun. According to experts, about 80% of your body's vitamin levels see a reduction when you stay under the sun for 30-45 minutes. Basil, parsley, and rosemary are a few of the herbs that possess cancer-fighting qualities.
4. Flaxseeds - The unique qualities of flaxseed make it the best option against skin cancer. It contains both antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, making it an all-around solution to fighting skin cancer.
Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases in the world. Stomach cancer is also known as 'Gastric cancer'. Like other diseases, it is crucial that it gets identified in the early stages and gets treated before it reaches the incurable stage. Like other forms of cancer, the exact cause of stomach cancer is still not yet known. However, certain things make stomach cancer more likely to happen.
The possible causes of stomach cancer are given below:
Some of these causes apply to nearly all forms of cancer. However, some of them only apply to stomach cancer.
- Bad diet
- Stomach surgery for an ulcer
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Exposure to certain materials in certain industries
- Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are:
Stomach cancer like all other forms of cancer has various stages and it is crucial that it is diagnosed in the early stages so that the progression of it is stymied. At first, the symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion, loss of appetite, slight nausea, heartburn and the feeling of being bloated after a meal.
However, indigestion and heartburn, doesn't always mean that you have stomach cancer, but if these conditions persist, you should visit a doctor to rule out the possibility of stomach cancer.
The growth of the tumor in your stomach can lead to various serious symptoms too, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weakness or exhaustion
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Swelling in your stomach
- Trouble in swallowing
- Eyes and skin turn yellowish. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.