Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen TYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on 25th jan and she had ipill on the same day. After that she got her periods from 11th to 16th feb. And now she is getting some secretions from her breasts which is white in colour n sometimes waterish. She is having pain in her breasts. She got her urine pregnancy test which are negative. I want to know if she is pregnant and is that milk?
My father's prostate has enlarged. What should he eat and what he should not eat. Please help. His age 78. He has blood sugar 180 pp mg /dl. And now also facing problem with speak.
I just give birth to a baby girl on 11/07/2016. Now I am facing a problem that I got my nipples injured and got blood and it pains a lot while my baby feed and what ever cloths I wear get stick with my nipple and hurt a lot when I remove it and I also suffering from gath (hindi word) on breast.
I am 20 years old I have problem with my nipples as they are projected out in dress. I do not prefer padded braziers as they are not health friendly. Request you to advise me on what measures other than that (padded one) to be taken to avoid it completely so that I am able to wear any type of dress.
On 25.03.2017 my beloved mother already suffering from Cancer succumbed to Cerebral Thrombosis. I left no stone unturned for her medical treatment and strove to continue to she her alive for long. But I failed to fulfil my aim. She helped me in various ways and I respected her immensely. In her absence I am a fish without water - I mean to say that I have become very helpless and am thinking that only my death will give me relief. I am unable to forget my mother even for one percent. At this juncture what I should do? Please advise. Your advice in this respect will be highly solicited. - Pranab Kumar Sen.
CT scan shows cervix appears bulky. Does it necessarily mean cervical cancer. All info on Google is throwing up the same.
Cancer or the big ‘C’ can affect any part of the body including the female reproductive system. These types of cancer are known as gynaecological cancers. Gynaecological cancers occur when normal cells start growing in an uncontrolled manner. There are many different types of gynaecological cancers which are named as per the organs in which they first develop. These include:
- Ovarian cancer: Cancer that affects the ovaries and ova
- Uterine cancer: Cancer that begins inside the uterus
- Cervical cancer: Cancer that begins in the cervix or the section of the reproductive tract between the uterus and vagina
- Vaginal cancer: Cancer that begins in the vagina
- Vulval cancer: Cancer that originates in the opening of the vagina, labia minora or labia majora, clitoris or mons pubis
- Fallopian tube cancer: Cancer that affects the fallopian tubes that connect the ovaries to the uterus
- Placenta cancer: Pregnancy related cancer
Gynaecological cancers are more commonly diagnosed in cases where the woman has a family history of cancer or has mutated genes. Advancing in age, exposure to hormones, and diethylstilbestrol can also increase the risk of suffering from such cancers. Additionally, viral infections such as human papilloma virus, obesity and unhealthy lifestyle choices such as smoking have also been identified as risk factors for cancer.
However, a woman may suffer from these types of cancer even if she does not fall into any of the above risk factor categories. Hence, it becomes important to focus on the symptoms. The symptoms of gynaecological cancers depend on the organ from where the tumour originated, the size of the tumour and it’s rate of growth.
Some of the symptoms which may be noticed are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina
- Bleeding after intercourse
- Unusual discharge from the vagina
- Pain or discomfort in the abdominal area
- Swelling of the abdomen
- Painful intercourse
- Itching or burning sensations in the genital area
- Lumps, warts or sores in the genital area
- Unusual bladder and bowel habits
Gynaecological cancers can be treated by using chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal therapies or surgery depending on the stage of the cancer and the type of cancer. Hence, the earlier it is diagnosed, the better it is. Keeping the risk factors in mind, if the above symptoms are noticed, the doctor may ask for a number of tests to diagnose gynaecological cancers.
These tests include:
- A pap smear
- Pelvic examination
- Blood tests
- CT scan, ultrasound, MRI or any other form of imaging tests
- Biopsy scan
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
In case of 4th stage Cancer (Carcinoma gallbladder) if we are going for Kemo therapy then will it increase the life expectations or only control this disease? Also is Kemo advisable for a weak person? Thank you.
I wanted to ask that I have Lipoma on my forehand, back and tighs. I have already consulted doc and he suggested that nothing serious. Can you please confirm the same?
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurvedic practitioner and ask a free question.
Recently I heard an audio lecture that said health depends on quality and quantity of food and water intake. I have lost one of my friend to intestine cancer at 56. I would like to know more on good food practices.
Hello doctors, I am 20 years I have right hip pain only since 8 months but its not continuous. I have severe hip pain while sleeping and riding scooty. I did x-ray and my x-ray report was normal. The x-ray report was seen by 3 orthopedics specialist as well as one surgery specialist and they also said that everything is normal but I must mention that while sleeping straight when I bent my right leg towards there is pain in my hips. Doctor I am very much worried is there any involvement of cancer? Should I go for MRI?
I am suffering from enlarged prostate and related difficulties, such as get up from sleep at night 3-4 times to pass urine, feeling urgency to pass urine etc. Conducted several tests and physician prescribed Weltam 0.4 mg tablets daily once at night. I do not feel much improvement in my problem. Your valued suggestions solicited. Thanks
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- Black pepper
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.