Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am a girl and I have problem of regular breast pain nowadays when I touch. What is the problem.
Hi, My sister in not getting breast milk it's one week over from her delivery. She has taken perinorm for 3 days but still she is not getting sufficient milk. Can she take lactare capsule.
Sir my mother had been suffring from brest cancer from last 6to7 month please suggest me we clear the brest cancer
Sir I want to know about prostate cancer, is it related to masturbation. What are the symptoms of prostate cancer.
I'm suffering from enlarged prostate and related problems such as urgency to pass urine as well as getting up many a times at night to pass urine which disturbs my sleep. I'm 60 years of age without any other health issues. Please prescribe treatment. Thanks.
Is there any cure for Um colorectal cancer? That to at stage 3.. What are the chances of survival at 3rd stage. Actually I met a friend and I learnt dat she is infected. What are the do's and don't to care about..
Does adernla gland cancer cause excessive hair growth including head and eyebrows hair? Does it also affect the growth of head hair and eyebrows hair?
Sir right side of my neck have swelling and like a tumour heavy painfull my esr level 69, crp positiveand my age 26 female. What is the symptom of neck cancer ?
I am suffering throat pain. If I take any spicy food. When I do brush I will get blood from my throat. Can you suggest any scanning required. I have any cancer.
My brother in law has been detected colon cancer which is male tide in nature he is undergoing chemotherapy we have come to know about sour sop fruit which is very helpful in killing the cancer cells. Please advise us whether we can give him or not.
My grand mother was died of colon cancer recently. At the age of 60 cancer was diagnosed. My grandmother's mother hadn't suffered from cancer. And my grandmother was very active upto her 50's. Later she suffered from constipation for 1 month. And had a swelling near urinary tract. It was removed by doctors. After few month we again had a scanning to her. Later reports showed that she had colon cancer and it was in final stage. This makes me thinks that my grandmother cancer was not hereditary. My question was in such case is there chance of having cancer to my mother. She was a second child. First child was a boy. And tell me the symptoms of cancer in initial stage.
Question related to Ovarian Cancer Details : Completed 3 cemo cycle. Doctor suggested operation. Latest CT Scan reports shows 1. As compare to previous outside CT Scan dated 6th January 2015 - The Solid cystic pelvic mass remains relatively unchanged in size.(11.6 * 10.6) 2. The Soft tissue omental nodule has decreased in size (from approximately 6*5 cm to 4.2 * 3.7 cm). 3. Ascites has significantly reduced. Loculated peritonel fluid collection noted in the anterior abdomen, predominantly in infraumbilical location. 4. Thrombosis in the visualised left superficial femoral vein.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.