Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini RaoYour feedback matters!
There are so many reasons for cancer What are the main reasons of spreading of cancer virus to others?
Sir I am 38 years old. My question is related with my two sides, one is bp and another is prostrate. I take eslotel2. 5 for bp. I have huge gas and acidity problem. Specially in january to march my bp increases. But rest of the periods it remains almost normal. My all blood tests and ecg, ecocardiogram are normal. I have sinus arrithmatia, but doctor said it is normal. But recently through usg my mild prostrate enlarge has been detected. Residual urine is 120. After ejaculation or inter course little burn sensation I feel. My psa is 0.61.doctor said it is not worried. But I am very tensed. Generally I am mentally tensed person. Please give me advice regarding prostrate and bp. My lipid profile, sugar,urine. Creatine,na, k,ca, everything is normal.
My father is 74 years old, diagnosed with Prostate cancer (life changed after biopsy) Hi, My father is 74 years old and was doing great and very healthy. With frequent urination issue, we went and found that prostate was enlarged and they suggested to biopsy though his PSA was not so high (7ng/ml). Post biopsy (which was anyways negative/benign for prostate cancer), everything got changed,
My wife is 41 years old and had undergone 6 chemo therapy for her ovarian cancer, and have got minor disk prolapse earlier to that. Now she is having leg pain in the her fingers and back side disk portion also especially in night. Can you advise me how to get rid of this situation please?
I am 25 year old. 1 week back I found small lump inside my right side breast and it s paining when I touch (press). Is this serious problem?
Is lungs cancer and blood cancer communicable? Are they transform when food and water is shared with cancerous patient.
My wife has done a test for pep smear test and found positive so advice me next. Age of my wife 35 year.
Dear doctor, Please help and advice. I'm a Omani national I had a small tongue surgery for the removal of small tissue After surgery doctors send the tissue to laboratory and said that I have tongue cancer I have attached the report for your review kindly advice if this is something serious or there is nothing to worry Because doctors here are not really sure 'I m ready to travel to India if needed. Here the doctors are again saying that they need to do tongue surgery again. I'm desperately waiting for reply. Kindly also send me the details tongue cancer doctor whom I can reach.
I am 17 year old girl Sir I am suffering from breast pain and stomach pain since two day so please suggest me how to cure these pains.
1. Don't smoke. If you've never smoked, don't start. Talk to your children about not smoking so that they can understand how to avoid this major risk factor for lung cancer. Begin conversations about the dangers of smoking with your children early so that they know how to react to peer pressure.
2. Stop smoking. Stop smoking now. Quitting reduces your risk of lung cancer, even if you've smoked for years. Talk to your doctor about strategies and stop-smoking aids that can help you quit. Options include nicotine replacement products, medications and support groups.
3. Avoid secondhand smoke. If you live or work with a smoker, urge him or her to quit. At the very least, ask him or her to smoke outside. Avoid areas where people smoke, such as bars and restaurants, and seek out smoke-free options.
4. Avoid carcinogens at work. Take precautions to protect yourself from exposure to toxic chemicals at work. Follow your employer's precautions. For instance, if you're given a face mask for protection, always wear it. Ask your doctor what more you can do to protect yourself at work. Your risk of lung damage from workplace carcinogens increases if you smoke.
5. Eat a diet full of fruits and vegetables. Choose a healthy diet with a variety of fruits and vegetables. Food sources of vitamins and nutrients are best. Avoid taking large doses of vitamins in pill form, as they may be harmful. For instance, researchers hoping to reduce the risk of lung cancer in heavy smokers gave them beta carotene supplements. Results showed the supplements actually increased the risk of cancer in smokers.
6. Exercise most days of the week. If you don't exercise regularly, start out slowly. Try to exercise most days of the week.
My father has a higher than normal psa levels in prostrate, counts 15, help to reduce, doctors says to no surgery, his prostrate weights only 84 gms, doctors has given him antibiotics to reduce it Or what can be done further, if it does not come down.
I am 63years old. 2 years ago I was operated for Prostate. What precautions should I follow? secondly, is sex advisable if so average time. Can I take ayurvedic medicines to enhance sex/erection. I didn't indulged in sex since operation but masturbated about twice or once in a month fearing I may loose sex desire or fail getting erection.
Cancer can affect even small glands like the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are responsible for the production of hormones like cortisol and aldosterone. These glands are located above the kidneys and have two parts; the cortex and the medulla. Adrenal cancer generally affects the cortex of the adrenal glands. This type of cancerous tumour is rare and can be difficult to diagnose.
Most adrenal cancer symptoms are triggered by an excessive production of estrogen and androgen. Symptoms can also be caused by the pressure put on other organs by the tumour. Adrenal cancer symptoms are most easily noticeable in children as this is the stage where the body is changing and developing. Some of these symptoms are:
- Facial hair growth
- Excessive pubic and underarm hair
- An enlarged penis or clitoris
- Early onset of puberty in girls
- Development of enlarged breasts in boys
Symptoms of adrenal cancer in adults includes:
- Excessive weight gain in the abdomen and above the collar bone
- High blood pressure
- Irregular menstruation
- Easy bruising
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Muscle cramps
Additionally, men with adrenal cancer that causes excessive estrogen production may notice an enlargement of breast tissue and tenderness in the area. Women suffering from excessive androgen production triggered by adrenal cancer may notice their voice deepening and facial hair growth. In most cases, adrenal cancer symptoms in women do not appear until the tumour presses on other organs. This includes symptoms like pain around the tumor, a feeling of fullness in the abdomen and difficulty eating because of this feeling.
The cause of adrenal cancer has not yet been determined, but conditions such as Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis and multiple endocrine neoplasia can increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease. A thorough physical examination and a detailed medical history is required to diagnose this disease. The doctor will also need a blood test and urine test. Additional tests that may be required include:
- Biopsy of the tumor
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- PET scan
- Adrenal angiography
Adrenal cancer can be cured if diagnosed in its early stages. There are three types of treatment for adrenal cancer; surgery to remove the adrenal gland, chemotherapy and radiation. However, adrenal cancer can recur and hence it is important to schedule and maintain regular check-ups with your doctor.