Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N.K.Bhagwan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.K.BhagwanYour feedback matters!
I am 21year old female with brown complexion and have small spots on my hands. How can I treat them? What can I use for such spots?
I have skin problem .my face is oily during travel one place to another .my face have some blackspot and open pores .so I want to help me shall I do.
Hiiiii, I am sushree and I am a 22 yr old women and I am having some skin problem. actually I am having blackheads on my forehead only. My forehead is becoming black as compared to my face. please help me out.
My 4 months baby boy has red rashes like daag by birth on both sides of his face it cured and return again after treatment.
My skin lost its glow and day by day getting darker in colour and doesn't not look clean. Please suggest what should I do.
Sir I am suffering from under eye dark circles, is there any permanent treatment for this? Kindly suggest me.
Achalasia is a serious disorder of the esophagus in which your nerves and muscles fail to work properly. This disorder causes problems in your body such as chest pain, difficulty to swallow food and excessive coughing.
You will also face problems in breathing in case the food enters in to the lungs. There is a valve in your lower esophageal splinter, which closes the esophagus from your stomach. If you have problems like achalasia then perhaps your lower esophageal splinter fails to open while swallowing food it can lead to accumulation of food in esophagus. In this condition the nerves in your body gets damaged and hence cause health complications.
You are at risk of achalasia when you are middle aged, but it can also occur during childhood. Auto immune disorder often places you at risk for achalasia.
Symptoms of achalasia:
The major symptom of achalasia is dysphagia in which you face problems while swallowing food. You may feel that the food is struck in your esophagus which causes choking and problems when you breathe. There may be other symptoms of achalasia which includes:
1. Loss of weight
2. Heart burn
3. Discomfort or pain while you eat food
4. Chest pain
5. Risk of esophagus cancer
Treatment for achalasia:
Esophageal manometry is a technique your doctor may use, if he suspects achalasia when the symptoms include difficulty while you eat and swallow foods. A tube measures the muscular activity in your stomach and reports about the functioning of your esophagus. Another way to diagnose is through X- ray of the esophagus or endoscopy.
The treatment for achalasia generally starts with oral medications. Sphincter nitrates and calcium blockers often help to relax the muscles. Botox can also help to relax your sphincter and help you swallow food.
Esophagomyotomy also helps to treat achalasia in which your doctor can use an incision to access the sphincter and also alter it to enable better flow into the stomach. It’s a generally successful procedure, but sometimes can cause Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) which causes heart burn and would require intensive care. Sometimes surgery can also help to give relief but it can also cause acid reflux, respiratory problems, tearing of esophagus along with other serious complications.
Laparoscopic surgery is a simple and effective way of treating this problem .The tight lower esophageal sphincter is released to make way for easy passage of food.The patient recovers in one day and is discharged home following this operation. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
Hiii, my age was 21 but I am looking elder then my age. So, what are the steps to be taken to look according to my age. Thank you.
Among one of the most common skin conditions that affect many people all over the world is Acne. It is not a harmful or a dangerous condition, but is usually a cosmetic problem and may also sometimes be a symptom of underlying conditions.
What is acne and what are its causes?
Human skin has follicles or pores in them through which hair comes out. The accumulation of a substance known as sebum within the pores of the human skin can sometimes clog these pores. When this accumulates, dead skin cells also get stuck in it and results in a swelling, which takes the form of a pimple like a crest due to bacterial infections. This condition is most prevalent among adolescents due to rapid hormonal changes in the body, although many adults and pre-adolescents have also reported this problem. Here are some common issues and lifestyle factors which make you prone to acne.
1. Hormonal imbalances – This is probably the most common reason cited for acne as adolescents tend to be afflicted by this problem. In many cases acne goes away on its own after sometimes although in other cases it does stay. In adults, especially women it has been noticed that certain hormonal changes in the body may act as acne triggers. Some of the examples of hormonal imbalances may be:
- PMS or period related triggers in adults and adolescent women
- High testosterone levels in women
- Excessive androgen in men and women
- Hormonal problems due to polycystic ovary syndrome and others
- Taking medicines or steroids that may cause hormonal changes
2. External factors such as using too much makeup – Excessive use of cosmetic products can cause issues within the skin by blocking the pores within the skin may induce acne, even if you do not have sebum related problems.
3. Diet – Research has proved that excessive oil consumption as well as having foods rich in fat can cause acne problems. Moreover, if you consume iodine in large quantities or for a long time, it results in irritation of the skin pores giving rise to acne.
4. Certain medications and drugs - Consumption of specific over the counter medicines like the ones containing bromide and use of recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine can lead to the occurrence of acne as side effects.
5. Genetics - Certain genetic factors may also be responsible for someone being more prone to acne than others.
I sincerely hope that you found this information and the underlying advice from me useful. If you did, do share it with your loved ones and others. You can also consult privately with me if you believe I can help you with your Acne or other skin related conditions.
Wishing you loads of good health and happiness.