Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MithanYour feedback matters!
Is there any one who can tell that how to increase sex drive because my sex drive is very low which tablets is good and how to take tablet.
My mother has trouble walking, but she refuses to get a walker or cane. I worry about her. How can I convince her to get some sort of walking aid?
My sex drive is decreasing day by day. Earlier I use to have intercourse for more than 30 minutes but nowadays ejaculation takes place in 5 minutes. What should I do to improve my performance?
My sister suffered from bronchiectasis condition two years back and she had undergone a cardiothoracic (Key-Hole) surgery one year back. For the last four months, she has been suffering from cold (runny nose) and breathing difficulties. Is there anything serious to worry about this condition? Is there any further treatment necessary to cure this condition?
Sir im heaving red rashes dryness and some white circles at few point on the tip of my penis and four skin and its itching. Sir please tell me what im dealing with sit I have few photos of rashes to show.
Vitamin D is not really a vitamin. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble steroid hormone precursor that you get primarily from either sun exposure or supplementation. A very small amount comes from a few foods we eat.
Vitamin D has been known for its contribution to the maintenance of normal levels of calcium and phosphorus in the bloodstream. Current research has discovered that vitamin D levels can also impact a wide range of health issues, such as:
Cancer (Breast, Ovarian, Colon, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, Kidney, Endometrial, Prostate)
Type 1 Diabetes
High Blood Pressure
The vitamin D that you take into your body is changed by your liver into a substance called 25(OH)D. Vitamin D (25 (OH)D) is usually measured on a scale of 30 – 100 ng/ml. Below 30 is commonly considered deficient.
To determine whether you need to supplement vitamin D, you should test your vitamin D level by doing the 25-hydroxy D lab test, which measures 25(OH)D. The Vitamin D Council recommends testing every 3-6 months when you’re trying different regimens to figure out how much vitamin D you need to maintain your optimal level.
The optimal level of vitamin D is a matter for debate. The Vitamin D Council suggests that “a level of 50 ng/ml is the ideal level to aim for, with a range of 40 – 80 ng/ml.” And there used to be mention that ideal is 60 – 80.
The Vitamin D Council recommends taking vitamin D3 rather than vitamin D2. Vitamin D3 is the type of vitamin D naturally produced by your body in response to sun exposure, while vitamin D2 is not. In the United States, most over-the-counter vitamin D supplements are D3. Other than that, it doesn’t matter what form of vitamin D you take, whether it’s in a capsule, tablet or liquid. For most people, vitamin D is easily absorbed in the body and you don’t need to worry about what time of day you take it or whether you take it with meals.
Vitamin D is fat-soluble, which means your body has a hard time getting rid of it if you take too much. The Vitam
Hi. Am paul. I need an help. I need to increase the sex time. I think it is low. And I need to increase length. Pls suggest solutions Thank you.
Hi sir my left leg knee below feeling like numbness fingers also tingling my blood pressure low BP recently what can I do my b12 level 226 what can I do sir which doctor can I consult please suggest me.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.