Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mathew Vargese
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mathew VargeseYour feedback matters!
Lady of 59 years age(HF) High BP (150/90).Thyroid Tri-iodo(T3) -0.74, Thyroxine(T4)-5.42,Thyroid Stimulating Hormone(T S H) 26.41 Thlasemia is present, Hemoglobine-11.2. Body swelling persists, Knee pain ,middle finger of hand numbs,both legs have paralytic tendency after walk of few distance chest pain occasionally and suddenly for 2/3 minutes
My grandpa is 60 years old. Two months ago he suffered with brain stroke. Quickly he is taken to hospital and doctors gave an anti clot injection worth 50000rs. He came back to normal by that day evening. My question is what steps he should take to prevent getting a stroke again? What to eat and what not to eat? Is it possible for any damage to his brain due to his first stroke? Do brain cells die during a stroke? He is a smoker cum alcoholic occasionally. Both are occasional not regular.
Deafness in children is not an uncommon phenomenon. 1-3 infants per 1000 birth is born with congenital sensory disorder. This is much higher when conductive hearing losses both congenital and acquired are taken into account. There is lack of awareness about the gravity of the problem among general population and medical fraternity.
- Children learn to communicate by imitating the sounds they hear. Deafness in the early months of life in a child deprives this valuable sensory input. This results in non development of speech or delayed speech/language development, social problems and academic difficulties.
- The goal of early intervention is to integrate the deaf child into the family and into society, to ensure development of normal/near normal speech and to enable the growth and development of a healthy confident child.
- Universal neonatal hearing screening (UNHS) can diagnose babies born with deafness. They can be treated with hearing aid or cochlear implant to restore their hearing and subsequently speech language therapy started as soon as possible.
- Early intervention results in normal or near normal speech and the affected child can be integrated into the society.
- The parents, doctors and the society should come together and work hand in hand for achieving this goal.