Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mary Sheela Stephen
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mary Sheela StephenYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from herpes for last week. I've even consulted with doctor. But it is paining badly even though it is drying. Can it even spread after it is dried up completely?
Which is the best recommended time for 3D or 4D Scanning on pregnancy. Current week is 21 week of pregnancy. What are the advisable tips for it?
I am pregnant of 17 weeks and I am loosing white liquid from my sex organ. It is harmful to me or my child or not? Please advise me.
Gall Bladder is a small sac which is pear shaped and is present just underneath the Liver. It is connected to the Liver through a small duct called the bile duct, the gall bladder stores the bile which is secreted by the liver and sends it to the intestines to aid in the digestion of fats.
When there are excess toxins in the liver there is concentration in the bile and this gets stored up in the bile thus leading to various kinds of gall bladder problems, such as- gall stones, infection and inflammation
Symptoms are as follows:
- Pain – mild to severe pain in the right side of the abdomen which usually increases with deep inspiration and expiration, Nausea, Vomitings, Loose bowels or constipation, Excess Gas, Fainting, fever and so on.
- In my practice I’ve found that people with obesity and high LDL cholesterol levels tend to have increased risk of gall stone or gall bladder problems, people who are obese also tend to have gall stones.
- Now - a - days owing to the food and lifestyle habits almost every other person has small stones in the gall bladder which may not be quite a problem now but later may pose a threat if they increase in size
- Solution: to avoid these problems of gall bladder we don’t need heavy medications and procedures unless until the problem is very severe, as there is a saying “ a stitch in time saves nine” you can save your gall bladder when your body gives you the signals that it is not able to take more toxins for this you need to avoid certain foods which I list below and follow a good detoxification of liver every fortnight:
Foods to avoid-
High fatty fried foods, sugary foods, Alcohol, coffee and chocolate, many people love creamy foods which lead to obesity and thus gall bladder problems avoid those creams,
Foods to take-
Beans, lentils, beetroots, celery, apples, carrots, any green veggies, these will help your liver detoxify easily
If you’re already having a gall bladder problem, you need to immediately make changes in your diet and lifestyle habits or get ready to get the gall bladder removed which might make it more difficult to digest fats and you will gain even more weight.
Homoeopathic remedies such as Taraxacum and Cardus Marinus help in solving the gall bladder problems but you need to consult a homoeopathic physician before taking these medications for proper medical guidance.
Avoid these above-mentioned foods and most of all stress try to be good yourself and love your body don’t force it to have more than what it can bear.
I am 40 years old women and I am missing my periods since last four months I am worried about it, is it time of menopause, while I think menopause will come at age of 45-46.Help me.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Hi sir I am 30 year old. I have sex with call girl 2 month ago. It was secure sex with goverment condom. But fear in my mind about hiv and std. I am in depretion.
Periods are getting delayed every month. It comes irregularly and untimely. Gets delayed upto 1/2 months to 2. What to do? What can be the reason behind it? 4 months back it was regular and was always on time.
Hi I had last sex in december while my periods and have used condom. I hate periods last month also. And my periods is ought to come this month. I'm worried that whether i'm pregnant or not? As my chest has grown bigger, is suffering from depressed mood mostly, my white discharge before and after periods has increased a bit. Im currently suffering from fever and cough and cold. Today I get nauseated and puke mostly saliva and cough. I do not feel dizzy about any smell or crave about any food. Is it possible that i'm pregnant? I do not want to be pregnant. Can you help please?
Hi I am 28 years old I am blessed with baby girl and she is 5 yes old. Now d problem is I want to try for next child but all time it shows negative results please suggest to get pregnant for second as soon as possible. Thank you.
Hi I got supra umbilical middle line hernia thats What a radiologist told me. Saw a surgeon he advised me to get it operate. My Husband thought we should get another opinion before we decide. So went to a surgeon. He is a vascular surgeon. He said no need to panic, asked whether we are planning for 2nd baby. Said s. He asked us to first plan for second and we can repair hernia during 2nd delivery. 1st delivery was c section so he said 90% 2nd will be the same. Now then I get pain managing with abdomen belt. Do I have to wait til my sec pregnancy or I can repair my hernia now itself. I'm confused please help me.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.