Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manasa Y SYour feedback matters!
I had gone to my friend's house last week at night. Since there was no light, I stepped on his puppy. He cried a bit and hit me with his hand on my lower. I felt his soft claw. After I came back, he flee away so I didn't see him. After 2 days, I became anxious, what if the dog was a stray dog that entered in the house not his puppy (highly unlikely since the door was closed and my friend said it must his puppy as he usually sleeps anywhere) and he might have scratched me (but I didn't feel any pinch). I checked for wound and my lower (neither the lower was torn nor there was any wound there after two days). Do I need a injection or I am just over thinking (i always think like that)?
I am a 16 years old. I used to have kidney stones 2 years back. Due to my increasing fat I thought of taking ketogenic diet I wanted to know if it would cause trouble with my kidney stones again?
I am 24 years girl. Suddenly my heart beats in creases and feel very fear. As in something is going wrong. Please suggest advice for such sytoms.
I am 27 year old boy and my. Color is some dard can you tell me. How to get smart and fair skin. Any suggestion for me.
abrasion occur on my fore head to pop out pimple with pressure, then to cure put nebasulf powder on it, after 7 days scab fell off automatically but the skin look like shiny light pinkish, how to get back normal skin color pls advise me.
I am 25 years male with height of 5.11. I have searched that my idel weight should be between 70 to 80 kg but I am currently on 110 kg I want to loose my weight despirately as I know that it is not good to have such a huge weight. Kindly help me with things which will help me to reduce weight.
Pl. Suggest me diet plan to loose weight. I'm 49yr. Old woman. Going through menopause. My height is 4ft. 11" weight is 59 kg. I don't eat sweets and fried food. I'm a less eater.
I want to loose my weight. My diet is in total control. Any med that will help me to burn my fat. Can you help with this?
I am suffering from cold from last 20 days what should I do please suggest me it also cause ear pain.
Hello doctors, i'm a 22 year old male. I'm having an issue about my hair growth. They are not much thick and dense now. And growth is also very slow. I oil them once or twice in two weeks but it's not regular. One thing I doubt is may be it's because I masturbate and I have read that hair loss is a negative effect of masturbating. Is this true? I want my hair growth to be normal again. Which hair oil do you prefer and shampoo? do I need to get rebonding of my hairs done from a salon? please suggest. Thanks.
I want to increase my stamina always im sick at every time so please tell me and I also facing de hydration and also my hands are shaking automatically so please can you help me.
My knee paining when I work hard or a play cricket it's paining for long time please refer what can I do for this.
Dear sir/ madam, Will I get pregnant with out actual sex is. Just By touching private part of male with female part can this happen, I'm still a virgin it didn't bleed or something like that was just touching? My last month period was on Feb 8th now it's March 13th still I didn't get periods yet. Is it because if this. If yes kindly suggest methods to avoid such.
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure to remove a woman's uterus. The uterus, also known as the womb, is where a baby grows when a woman is pregnant. The uterine lining is the source of menstrual blood.
You may need a hysterectomy for many reasons. The surgery can be used to treat a number of chronic pain conditions as well as certain types of cancer and infections.
A woman may have a hysterectomy for different reasons, including:
- Uterine fibroids that cause pain, bleeding, or other problems
- Uterine prolapse, which is a sliding of the uterus from its normal position into the vaginal canal
- Cancer of the uterus, cervix, or ovaries
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Adenomyosis, or a thickening of the uterus
- Hysterectomy for noncancerous reasons is usually considered only after all other treatment approaches have been tried without success.
Types of Hysterectomy:
Depending on the reason for the hysterectomy, a surgeon may choose to remove all or only part of the uterus. Patients and health care providers sometimes use these terms inexactly, so it is important to clarify if the cervix and/or ovaries are removed:
In partial or supracervical hysterectomy, the upper portion of the uterus is removed, leaving the cervix intact.
Complete or total hysterectomy involves the removal of both the uterus and the cervix. This is the most common type of hysterectomy performed.
Hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy is the removal of the uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
Radical hysterectomy is an extensive surgical procedure in which the uterus, cervix, ovaries, fallopian tubes, upper vagina, some surrounding tissue, and lymph nodes are removed.
Hysterectomy Surgical Procedures
Traditionally, hysterectomies have been performed using a technique known as total abdominal hysterectomy (TAH). However, in recent years, two less-invasive procedures have been developed: Vaginal hysterectomy and Laparoscopic hysterectomy:
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy (TAH): In a total abdominal hysterectomy (TAH), the surgeon makes an incision approximately five inches long in the abdominal wall, cutting through skin and connective tissue to reach the uterus. This type of surgery is especially useful if there are large fibroids or if cancer is suspected. Disadvantages include more pain and a longer recovery time than other procedures, and a larger scar.
- Vaginal Hysterectomy: A vaginal hysterectomy is done through a small incision at the top of the vagina. Through the incision, the uterus (and cervix, if necessary) is separated from its connecting tissue and blood supply and removed through the vagina. This procedure is often used for conditions such as uterine prolapse. Vaginal hysterectomy heals faster than abdominal hysterectomy, results in less pain, and generally does not cause external scarring.
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: During a laparoscopic hysterectomy, your doctor uses a tiny instrument called a laparoscope. A laparoscope is a long, thin tube with a high-intensity light and a high-resolution camera at the front. The instrument is inserted through incisions in the abdomen. Three or four small incisions are made instead of one large incision. Once the surgeon can see your uterus, they will cut the uterus into small pieces and remove one piece at a time.
A hysterectomy is a major decision that you should take after careful consultation with your doctor. You should understand the reason for the operation, the benefits and risks and the alternatives to a hysterectomy. If you are unsure, discuss the issue with your doctor or obtain a second opinion.