Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
Hallow doctor I am 20 years old. My problem is my hair. My hair was very long and it was very nice without any problem but from last 1 year I am losing heavy hair fall and near my four head it was becoming nill so need to recover my losing hair back soo plzz help with any solution.
I use to go to college on bike. Due to dust I have dandruff and hair fall. How can I prevent my hair fall and dandruff?
Ingrown hair refers to a situation in which a part of the body hair which has been trimmed, shaved or tweezed grows back into the skin in a curled form. This sometimes causes painful and discomforting skin conditions such as swelling, bump formation and chronic pain in the area from where the hair was removed.
This condition is mostly common among people who have very tightly curled hair on their entire bodies. Among men the most affected areas are cheeks, chin and neck. Additionally, they can also appear in cases of men who regularly shave their head. In case of women, ingrown hair is common in areas like armpits, pubic region and legs.
The most common signs of this condition are:
- Small skin bumps (papules)
- Small, pus-filled, blister-like lesions (pustules)
- Hyperpigmentation (skin darkening)
- Long lasting and chronic pain
Ingrown hair might also occur if you do the following activities:
- Pulling your skin while shaving your body hair can give rise to ingrown hair. This in turn allows the shaved hair particles to penetrate back into the skin without growing outwards.
- Tweezing of hair can also lead to the hair particles to grow inwards instead of growing outwards.
Some common complications associated with this condition are:
- Bacterial and fungal infections that usually happen from scratching of the affected area.
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin which involves an abrupt darkening of the skin areas.
- Permanent scarring of the tissue of the affecting skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.