Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
Good morning doctor, myself jyothika I'm doing my final year degree. I have a lot of hair loss and my hairs are damaged from the root, I think tats the reason that my hair is thin. Wat can I do to get rid of all this.
I am 17 currently and I'm loosing hairs regularly I also have premature grey hairs. What should I do?
I have skin pigmentation on either side of my cheeks from past 5 years. I tried melaglow melforte but nothing actually worked out. And now that cuz of the weather my skin has become too oil. And I look dull. Please assist me on what should I be doing for the pigmentation? And to remove the excess oil from the face so that I look fresh.
I have lost my hair from front side (Type 5) as stated by a consultant ,want to get treatment or transplanted .I may be advised the options and clinics in mumbai west.
I have irritation upon the nose when eating and when rub on nose normally. And also getting water drops on nose.What can i do?
Sir, I have pimples in mouth since 2 years. Many medicines are taken by me to solve this problem. But it can, t solve. What could I do.
What to do to not get diabetes, BP and all diseases. Does eating vit c and vit e supplements bad for health? How to get fair? And what are the supplements to get fair skin?
I have oily skin mostly around nose area. Can you tell me any medicine or ointment to get rid of that?
In spite of several reminders about the ill-effects of smoking, you might still be an unperturbed chain smoker. Smoking is one vice that not only ruins the health of your heart, lungs and brain, but it also damages your skin. The changes smoking can bring about are usually gradual and hence we tend to overlook. A peek into the effects of smoking on your skin may curb your urge to smoke henceforth.
- Smoking increases chances of a scaly skin: You may not be aware that puffing cigarettes can make you develop a serious skin condition. Scaly skin or Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin disorder but the chances of contracting this disorder are increased with every pack of cigarettes you smoke. Psoriasis has severe impacts on the kind of life you live. It might lead to estrangement from friends and acquaintances, making you end up lonely and depressed. Studies reflect smoking a pack each day for twenty years at a stretch increases your risk of developing a scaly skin by sixty percent.
- Smoking leads to irregular sleep patterns: It is frequently noticed that despite a full night's sleep, a person feels tired and overworked. The reason could be a lack of nicotine during your hours of sleep. This lack makes you uneasy in bed. Lack of sleep is always evident in the quantity and quality of work a person does.
- Smokers can have bags under their eyes: Do you wonder why make- up tips fail in freshening up your appeal? It could be the result of your bad habit of smoking. Though dark circles and bags under eyes are not indicative of other essential problems, they do make you look exhausted and elderly. Instead of using cold compress to get rid of these bags, try quitting cigarettes.
- Smoking can cause persistent scars and bruises: Smoking prevents or rather delays the process of healing. Researches show how nicotine leads to vasoconstriction. It constricts the small blood vessels in different parts of your body prohibiting blood flow to these parts. Scars and bruises take a longer time to heal because the oxygen in your blood doesn't reach them.
- Smoking will make you lose your radiant skin: If you have a beautiful, glowing skin, prepare to bid farewell to that glow. An excess intake of nicotine deprives your skin of oxygen. Your skin looks dehydrated. Smoking also drains out important nutrients like vitamin C which is known for its effects against skin damage.
A healthy skin is the easiest key to the secret of looking pretty and confident. Quit smoking and experience the wonderful effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.