Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh BandemegalYour feedback matters!
What is the symptoms of cancer and hepatitis b. Please help me. What medicine should be take for that disease.
I have the prostate problem from last two years. I am taking urimax 4 mg once in a day. I do not have any other problem viz bp, diabetic etc. My age is 65 yrs. Do you suggest operation if so which method.
I have suffering from the cancer of lungs and that's why iam feel week and I has no enough money for my treatment that's why any financial help is given by you are more usfull for me and my future life.
I'm 76 years old person. Ultrasound of abdomen has revealed prostate enlargement with urine retention of nearly 22 ml. I am put on tablets veltam 0.4 mg. Since last year. But the urgency and frequency of passing urine persists. Am I put on correct medicine or some other medicines are recommended for my prostatic problem. At this advanced age I am scared of undergoing surgery. Please advise. I will be thankful.
I am 26 years old married women I have got bartholin cyst. My doctor has given me medicine for 5 days and then if problem will not get sort out then she will operate the duct. Is the any demerit of removing this duct since I am newly married and do not have kids yet. Is this duct is form of cancer? I am afraid of operation. Should I go for operation?
Pls explain the pain of tenderness and does it happen only on one side breast or both side in pregnancy n which portion of breast pain during it.
My weight 96 kg bp 150/80 pulse 85 sugar fasting 106. Bp medicine taking concor 1.5, eritel LN 80 and atorva 5 abd silodal for prostate. Advice.
Prostatitis is a very common infection of the prostate. However, it is worth to note that prostatitis can also be an inflammation of the prostate without infection. Only 5 to 10 percent of prostatitis is caused by bacterial infection. Prostate cancer does not normally have its chances increased by prostatitis. There are several forms of prostatitis, including acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (which is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
The exact cause for prostatitis is not known, but here are some factors which increase its risk, particularly acute bacterial prostatitis.
- Medical instrumentation: Putting an instrument like a urinary catheter may well cause prostatitis.
- Rectal intercourse: This is basically another name for anal sex.
- Abnormal urinary tract: The urinary tract comprises of the bladders, kidneys, ureters and urethra. If any one of these organs gets infected, then prostatitis is much more likely.
- Bladder infection: A bladder infection may well spread to the prostate.
Prostatitis has a variety of symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Constant need of urination: This is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Difficulty when urinating: Just like the constant need of urination, difficulty urinating is also a sign that you may have prostatitis.
- Pain while urinating: This is because the prostate gland is a part of your urinary tract and if it does not work properly, there will be pain.
- Chills and fever: This is a rarer symptom, but may indicate prostatitis if it is coupled with the other symptoms.
- Pain in perineal area and genital organs: If you are experiencing pain in genital organs, than it may indicate prostatitis.
- Painful ejaculations or relief of perineal pain after ejaculations: If you are having painful ejaculation or the pain arises after ejaculation, then it may be due to prostatitis.
- Hematospermia: Pinkish or brownish semen.
If these symptoms are persistent or bothersome, then a proper consultation is required. Evaluation includes physical examination along with few simple tests. This can be followed by proper treatment for cure or relief of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.