Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.s VenketeshYour feedback matters!
I had a black head on my nose and I pressed it with my nails. So one black mark is there on that place what I should apply to get rid of tha and previously also one black mark is thr so tell me wht I should use to erase that mark.
Male pattern baldness is hair loss due to underlying susceptibility of hair follicles to shrink owing to the influence of androgens. It is the most common cause of baldness in men. Typically, hair loss occurs at the vertex and the temples for men, whereas women usually lose hair all over their scalps.
- Male pattern baldness is related to your genes and male sex hormones. It usually follows a pattern of receding hairline and hair thinning on the crown, and is caused by hormones and genetic predisposition.
- Generally, baldness occurs when the hair follicle shrinks over time, resulting in shorter and finer hair. Eventually, the follicles do not grow new hair. The follicles remain alive, which suggests that it is still possible to grow new hair.
- The typical pattern of male baldness begins at the hairline. The hairline gradually moves backward (recedes) and forms an" m" shape. Eventually the hair becomes finer, shorter, and thinner, and creates a u-shaped (or horseshoe) pattern of hair around the sides of the head.
The cheapest way is to hide it by wearing a wig. Medicines that treat male pattern baldness include:
- Minoxidil (rogaine) - it is a solution that is applied directly to the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles. It slows hair loss for many men, and some men grow new hair. Hair loss returns when you stop using this medicine.
- Finasteride (propecia, proscar) - it is a pill that interferes with the production of a highly active form of testosterone that is linked to baldness. It slows hair loss. It works slightly better than minoxidil. Hair loss returns when you stop using this medicine.
- Dutasteride is similar to finasteride, but may be more effective.
- Hair transplant - this process consists of removing tiny plugs of hair from areas where the hair is continuing to grow and placing them in areas that are balding. This can cause minor scarring and possibly, infection. The procedure requires multiple sessions.
Most girls and boys on attaining puberty face the problems of oily skin almost indiscriminately. Oil with all its undertones of nourishment and care might accost you positively yet an excess is never good. An oily skin can result in problems like pimples, acne or skin pigmentation. The greasiness of a frying pan is surely not desirable on your tender, soft skin. To remedy the case, one should seek professional medical guidance. Visiting the dermatologist can control excess oil secretions while preventing you from acne or acne scars.
Reasons behind an oily skin and subsequent acne formations:
- Seborrhea: Oily skin is a condition that is prevalently referred to as seborrhea. Puberty may or may not lead to seborrhea; it is usually known to accelerate the effect of androgen on your oil glands thus making your skin sticky.
- Lifestyle Problems: The kind of lifestyle you lead plays a major role in deciding the texture of your skin. Having junk food or processed sugar in excess could contribute to an oily skin.
- Hair Oil Habits: Oiling one's hair very frequently and leaving the oil to settle for more than an hour could be a causal factor as well. An oily scalp may lead to the development of acne on your forehead and on the rest of your face.
- Bacterial build-up on Oily Skin: An oily surface tends to attract dirt and grime. Therefore, a skin with excess oil will have a higher concentration of bacteria that further cause pimples and acne.
- Blocked Pores: Overactive oil glands are capable of blocking the pores on your skin. This prevents the skin from breathing. Chances of acne or other skin disorders are higher in such a situation.
Ways to deal with oily skin and acne:
- Go by the doctor's directions- If you have already seen a dermatologist you should follow his instructions and make necessary adjustments.
- Clean your face at least twice daily to rid yourself of unnecessary oil.
- Use skin care products which specifically suit your requirements and don't buy into the hoax of marketing.
If you are confused about what to use, talk to your dermatologist and get a specific set of products or ingredients that should be in those products. Use these as a guide in determining your future purchases as well.
Lybrate | Dr. Saurabh Dhara speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I have pimples on my face from 2 and half years but now they are getting worst and paining. What should I do? Recently I went to one skin care clinic the dermatologist present their given me azee 500 mg. And femcinol a gel and suggested to do their treatment RAPID 360 ACNE CLEAR TREATMENT costing 13000rs. Should I do that?
Over the past decade, many women have opted for Breast Augmentation Surgery. It is a surgical process to improve the aesthetics of one's breast. Apart from giving a much needed lift to the bust size, the augmented breasts can lift up your confidence. Breast Augmentation Surgery, if gone wrong, can create a havoc. The outcome of the surgery can be influenced by a number of factors. Thus, before going under the knife, some important and vital points need to be taken care of.
- It is advisable to avail the services of an experienced surgeon, who has a higher success rate. A lot of confusions and apprehensions may arise during course of the surgery. An experienced surgeon will ease out the tension to a great extend and guide you better.
- Breast Augmentation is no child's play. Do not embark on breast augmentation surgery if you are below 18 years of age. It can result in serious health complications. Surgery can wait, but health once lost, will be gone forever.
- Know the type of implants to be used. Saline and Silicone implants are commonly used in breast augmentation. Both the implants come with their own sets of merits and demerits.
Being softer and smoother, Silicone implants give the augmented breasts a very natural feel. The chances of scalloping (the skin around the breasts appear wavy) are negligible in case of Silicone implants. However, the Silicone implants come pre-filled. Thus, a bigger incision is needed to get it inserted. Though approved by the FDA, leakage of the silicone implants into the body has been reported. The leakage can affect the health seriously. Interference of Silicone implants with the mammogram can also pose a serious threat.
The Saline implants, on the other hand, are not pre filled. Thus, a small incision is all it takes to get the implants inserted. Once inserted, the implants are filled with saline solution. The saline implants can also leak into the body, without any serious implications. The biggest limitation of saline implants is in the fact that it gives the breasts a very hard feel. Scalloping cannot be ruled out either.
Things to take care of:
- Do not go for breast augmentation surgery if you are planning to start a family in 1-2 years of time. A weaning or lactating lady should also avoid the surgery.
- The exact location of the implant is an important factor to ponder upon. One can go for an under the muscle or over the muscle implants.
- One can opt for a round implant or a tear shaped implant. The biggest USP of tear shaped implant lies in the fact that it gives a very natural feel to the augmented breasts. The round implants, on the other hand, are much safer to use.
- Go for the surgery only when you are physically, mentally and emotionally fit and healthy.