Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Prakash Appaya
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M Prakash AppayaYour feedback matters!
Hi! 27 years old and I have been smoking for past 1years. I started with 2-3 cigarettes a day then near to a packet. Now I have reduced it to 2-3 again. Is there any way that I can detoxify my body completely and quit smoking?
I am a pessimistic thinker, I think very negative from childhood. Is my thinking influenced by genetics or is there any relation between genes and thinking I know environment plays major role but how much role does genes play in development of thinking Please I want the cause of problem.
Hi I am male 25, suffering from bipolar disorder from a long time. What should I do for it's treatment other than going to doctor (regarding which food to take/which exercise to do)
Hello doctors I want to share my problems of my nervousness and sensitiveness .even a very small things bother me .during xams time my preparation r well nor I think too much than also on these days I face a lots of problems like no eating .weakness .sleepiness hesitating. Negativity. Etc .and during xams time at hall specially on practical xams I know the sums even I know the question from whedoctor has came then also WO nai banega .and at home within 10 min it will b solved .friends and others told me don't get nervous in hall breathe in and out bt its don't work .only wastage of to time and again nervousness. That's y my xams got ruined every year .question like development etc even I have never read than also I can write a page about it bt in xams uff my brain stop working .4*9=36 bt I wrote 32 and I chked thrice bt I can't find the mistake in my sums I know answer was wrong bt I can't find mistake. And others problems like I'm very sensitive everything bother me .if anyone demoralized me I can't do any work. I feel very bad even when someone praise me than also I feel very happy bt praise is better as when someone praise me It not affect my daily life .bt anyone WO demoralized .angry scolded me my whole day. Even month and year I took time to forget .what to do man I don't want such a shit nature please help me doctor I'm 20 years old .and I'm normal guy .bt then also if some 15 years or other boy will threats me I got afraid even I know in fight I will win I'm right than also I feel afraid I'm fed of this. I don't want such a pathetic nature .people tells you r good person that's y .bt I don't wanna b good what is the benefit of being good .my friends do some naughtiness even I wanna do bt I can't .I don't want to change my good nature and manner bt nervousness .nd other above .affects me a lots its making my life hell here only so please help .sorry to write such a long .bt hope you understand ty. please help.
I am in depression due to lost of my close relative. I have loose my confidence also. Pleas help me.
A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with a better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, willpower and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!