Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M. JayaramYour feedback matters!
It was on 4th jan 2016 when I was cleaning my tongue with my tongue cleaner I mistakenly touched it with my uvula and it started bleeding a bit and from that day I had difficulty in swallowing food then one I night I also had some breathing issues and after that night I went to a doctor and prescribed some medicines and after having the medicines within 2 to 3 days I was feeling ok. But now is 21st march and I don't have any problem in swallowing food but still I fill that my uvula is not stable and I can just feel it is lingering in my mouth where I don't have any problem in swallowing food and any other things. What should I do now please suggest?
I am suffering from tooth pain from 6 days and I am not able to chew or eat anything so please suggest the remedies.
What is the treatment for getting a smell from mouth? I will wash my mouth daily what is the treatment.
"Don't get wacko stop tobacco"
Say no to tobacco n tobacco products. It is harmful for your oral n general health and may even lead to life threatening cancer.
I don't feel hungry at all and even feel lazy to eat anything. I skip meals on regular basis. I even tried eating tonics to increase my hunger but it only effect me for 1 or 2 days and than it also stop working. Honestly, I'm not so regular in eating medicines or tonics. Now I'm 19 and slowly all my body parts are getting weaken. Like my eyes they recently got specs of about -0.5 and my teeth started aching due to lack of calcium. In short, all the energy which my body has saved is now vanished resulting me in a poor health condition. N even though I know the reason, I can't tackle it. For me eating food is like the biggest responsibility. Need help please and I look very thin.Please tell.
The smile is the first thing we notice about a person, and more than anything else, it reveals the teeth first. We all yearn for that set of perfectly aligned teeth that are pearly white in color. However, this is not a reality in all people.
Due to various reasons, the teeth are not always bright and white. In some cases, the high fluoride content in the water can lead to fluorosis, which causes irregular patches on the teeth. Chewing tobacco and smoking are another reason for teeth discoloration, ranging from yellow to brown to black. The most inevitable of all reasons is ageing, where they naturally change to a darker shade of yellow. However, dental technology has also improved to come up with various solutions, so that the dream for that set of pearly whites can be made a reality.
Bleaching is by far the most commonly used method for teeth whitening. The tooth has an outer layer called enamel, a next layer called dentin, and a final inner layer called the pulp. The enamel contains organic particles that give the tooth its color, and the bleach material attacks these organic particles and thereby removes the stains.
It is always advisable to use tooth bleaching under the supervision of a dentist. A thorough examination and diagnosis is required before deciding on one of the two modes of bleaching.
- In-office bleaching: This involves use of whitening gels that are not available over the counter. The gel is applied on the discolored portions of the teeth to leave a whiter tooth behind after the stipulated time.
- Home bleaching: In cases where more regular application is desired, the patient is given a kit which has customized trays and the whitening gel. The patient is educated on a schedule including how and when to apply the gel and instructions for this application.
In addition, for minor discolorations, there are other options as below:
- Whitening strips: These strips are similar to adhesive bandage and contain the bleaching agent. They are applied onto the tooth and left for usually about 30 minutes to take effect.
- Brush-on whitening: These gels are applied directly on the tooth and left for a while or overnight if required.
- Whitening chewing gum: For the chewing gum lovers, this could be an option. These chewing gums are similar to any chewing gum but include bleaching agents.
Side effects: Sensitivity and gum irritation are the two common side effects of bleaching. This could be either from the chemical or the trays that are used. The need to repeat the treatment again is another shortcoming. Repeated visits to the dentist may be needed once or twice a year to maintain the pearly white smile!
Hi. I have recently undergone flap surgery. But after couple of days after surgery I developed infection. Although I am ok now but my gums have recessed from that place. I don't feel same. please guide.
Who do reduce yellow scars/marks on teeth. I would like to knw is der is any home remedy's or I should take any treatment.
Hello doctor I am 28 year old I have blooding problem when I brushed my teeth & also feel senstivity. I chew tobacco from last 3-4 year I want to quite tobacco but I cant. So please suggest me any paste or any thing else which help me in quiting tobacco.
Hi I am 20 years old. I brush my teeth daily and properly but still my mouth stinks a little. Although many times I changed my tooth paste. What should I do now? Is any test required?
I m 26years old male and I have teeth problem while eating food my teeth give like current shock type this problem start 4months ago what what should I do.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.