Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LoknathYour feedback matters!
Skin care is an essential part of health and beauty. Though some of you may avoid or ignore it for a long time while giving in way to bring on crow's feet beside the eyes, thin lines on the forehead, and fine lines over the face, yet these all can be taken care of even in your 40s. If you realize that you need to care and deserve to look good always, it's never too late to start a skin health regimen.
These are the 7 tips you need to follow to make your skin look healthy and glowing when you are in your 40s.
Know your skin type
Whatever skin product you use, always make sure that it is made for your skin type. To know that well, you must know your skin type first. Skin is generally of four types namely oily, normal, dry and combination. Know yours to start right.
1. Washing: Wash your skin everyday. Use a mild face wash. Washing after you come home from an outing is an essential. Besides washing at bath time and washing your face at night before going to bed is also important. This keeps the derm pores on the face clean and prevents dust from piling and prevents acne and pimples.
2. Exfoliating: Exfoliation or scrubbing can be done as per your exposure to the outer world. In 40s your skin cells die sooner, and dead cells form a coat over the skin, which needs to be removed every week or so. Therefore, exfoliating the skin with a mild to normal scrubber in every 10 to 15 days is a good practice.
3. Toning: This keeps the skin healthy and compact as derm pores are tightened preventing entry of dirt and oil. Use a toner after every wash.
4. Moisturizing: A coat of moisturizer after toning is a must to keep the skin hydrated and prevent drying and wrinkling. Dry skin forms wrinkles faster, hence beware.
5. Wrinkle and anti ageing treatment: Use an anti aging cream or serum twice a day, preferably in the morning and at bedtime.
6. Under eye care: Care for your under-eyes and prevent dark spots and patches and the formation of crows feet. These obvious formations after 40 can be healed somewhat with daily care of skin around the eyes.
7. Lifestyle: Get enough sleep at least 6 hours in a day and drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrated and body detoxified.
Hi. I had used betnovate c on my mother's advice. That too for a long time. Now some parts of my face have become unevenly dark like that in between my eyes and ear. Can you suggest me some tips to get rid of them.
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!