Doctor in South City Hospital
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for South City HospitalYour feedback matters!
There is no denying the fact that everyone wants to enjoy a healthy and younger looking skin sans the wrinkles and blemishes. Unfortunately, skin aging is a natural process that will catch up sooner or later. But that does not mean you should not take care of the skin. In fact, a proper skin care can go a long way to slow down the skin aging. In this context, it is important to mention about the chemical peels. Packed with chemicals, the chemical peels when applied will exfoliate the skin, leaving it fresh, rejuvenated and younger looking.
A chemical peel often used as part of a skin care routine is the Glycolic Acid Peel. As the name indicates, the main chemical used in the peel is glycolic acid. Derived from sugar beets, sugar cane, or pineapple and a part of the Alpha Hydroxy family, glycolic acid are known to be extremely beneficial for the skin. Glycolic acid leaves your skin deeply exfoliated. The signs of skin aging, as well as skin pigmentation, can be taken care of by the glycolic acid. In fact, dermatological conditions such as Psoriasis, Seborrheic keratosis, to name a few, can also be successfully treated using glycolic acid.
Steps to apply the glycolic peel?
- Before the application of the glycolic peel, it is important that a person cleanses his/her face thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of the peel evenly all over the face and the neck (avoid the area under the eyes). The glycolic peel comes with a neutralizer (used to neutralize or terminate the action of the acid).
- After the stipulated time (as mentioned in the guidelines), apply the neutralizer solution using a cotton ball at the areas where the peel was applied.
- Wash your face thoroughly with water to get rid of any traces of the acid and the neutralizer.
- Pat dry the face with a soft towel followed by the use of a good moisturizer.
Advantages of the Glycolic peel
- The glycolic peel enhances the production of collagen, thereby reducing fine lines and wrinkles to a great extent.
- As stated earlier, the glycolic peels act as a great exfoliator getting rid of the dead skin. As a result, the skin appears smooth and radiant.
- The glycolic peels can be a great relief for people with acne problems (provided your doctor recommends the same).
The glycolic peel may come with many advantages. However, one should be careful before using the peel.
- Read the instructions thoroughly before you use the glycolic peel.
- The peel may cause skin irritation, flaking or even redness. It is best to go for a patch test before applying the glycolic peel.
- The glycolic peel can make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Thus, always use a sunscreen after using the glycolic peel.