Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I had my periods on 20 Sep 2016. On 25 Sep, 2016, I had protected sex. After that, I did not get intimate with my partner until we had sex again on 23 Oct. My periods were already delayed by three days then. And now it's 13 Nov and I still see no signs of periods. I took a home pregnancy test on 10 Nov but it came negative. Should I be worried? Why are periods delayed?
Hi, I am a 24 years old married lady. I hadn't got my periods for 3 months. But I was not pregnant. I visited a gynecologist, he gave me medicines called meprate10, folic acid and zincovit. Doctor told me that after consuming 10 meprate10 for 5 days, I will definitely got my periods. But till now I don't get. I have completed my medicine course for 3 days. Please suggest what to do?
Hello Ladies, I have been getting my periods every 17 days for the last 3 months. This last period after I stopped bleeding I have had pretty bad lower intestinal and pelvic cramps, lower back aches and very sore legs. I have had it for about a week now. Is this normal, do any of you other.
Fast Food Facts
What is fast food and why is it so popular?
Fast food, junk food, processed food, ready-meals - Whatever label you give it, it all comes down to the same thing - food that's been through the factory and had much of its goodness removed. Fast food is quick, convenient and usually inexpensive and hence children, teenagers and busy youngsters are easy target. However, it is little known that fast food is inexpensive because it is usually made with cheaper ingredients such as high saturated fat meat, refined grains with added sugar and fats, etc
Is fast food bad?
There is no such thing as a 'bad' food. All foods can fit into a healthy meal plan. It's true that fast food is usually high in fat, calories, cholesterol and sodium, but eating fast food every once in a while is not going to cause problems. If we eat too much fast food over a long period of time, though, it can lead to health problems like high blood pressure, heart disease and obesity.
If you are having fast food more than once a week, try to make healthier choices. Here are some tips:
- Choose foods that are boiled over fried, such as a grilled chicken sandwich instead of fried chicken or chicken nuggets
- Choose soups that are not cream based. If the name of the soup includes the word cream, such as 'Creamy Tomato Soup', avoid ordering it
- Have low-fat salad dressings instead of the full-fat kind
- Have a salad or soup instead of fries
- Use yoghurt, mustard or ketchup instead of mayonnaise
- Order smaller portions - the smaller the portion size, the lesser the calories
- When ordering a burger or sandwich, select leaner meats like grilled chicken instead of fried items such as burgers or steak and avoid adding cheese
- Choose water, low-fat milk, or diet sodas instead of regular sodas, fruit drinks, milkshakes or whole milk
- When ordering pizza, add veggies instead of meat, and get thin crust instead of deep dish
- If fruits and veggies are available, try to add them into your meal. For example, have lettuce and tomato on sandwiches or burgers
- Vegetable items are usually lower in fat than the meat dishes but can still be high in total calories
- Most appetizers are deep fried and some can hold more oil resulting in excessive calories. Switch to soups instead
- Stir-fry dishes are the best choice for lower calories
Essential Fast Food facts
- Laden with additives and unhealthy ingredients
A quick look at any food label will show you a long list of ingredients. We need to improve our ability to read and interpret food labels, which will help us make informed choices. More often than not, these foods are loaded with fats, sugar, salt and artificial additives. Many of these food additives, can have serious effects on long-term health. The fact that many children have diets high in processed foods underlies in the massive increase in childhood obesity
- Essential nutrients are missing
It's not just what's in fast food, which is alarming. What fast foods leave out, has just as bad an impact on health. Fast foods usually do not contain the following:
- Fiber, which is essential to keep the gut working properly. Processing methods remove most of the fiber originally present in the food. Long term low fiber intake can lead to serious health problems
- Vitamins and minerals in fast foods are lost due to processing and refining, which is often carried out at high temperatures. Some processed foods have added vitamins and minerals - often because those that were there to start with have been lost in processing. Others have very little or even non-existent nutritional value
- Bad for health
The dire effects of diets which rely too much on fast and processed foods are listed below:
- Lethal diseases - cancer, heart diseases, diabetes - are linked with poor diet and overweight
- Obesity in children and adults has reached a record high and continues to increase
- Lack of certain essential nutrients (like iron) can cause behavioural problems in children and can affect their ability to learn
- Long term fast/processed food (ab)use can lead to numerous other problems in children - caries prone teeth, dry skin, bad breath, constipation, digestive problems, headaches, poor concentration, depression, tiredness, anaemia - the list goes on and on
- Lacking flavour and texture
Junk foods are bland because processing wipes out subtle differences in flavour, appetizing fragrances and aromas. You have a well-flavoured meal in front of you, little knowing that this is due to added artificial flavours, colors and aromas. Yet the flavours never taste like food freshly prepared, from fresh and simple ingredients
- Not as fresh as they seem
Some processed foods pretend to be fresh - salads, which are doused in chlorinated water before packing. It's kept looking good, maybe for days and days on end, by added preservatives
What can you do?
Healthy eating and fast food can't exist side by side. As you switch to a healthy diet, one by one the fast foods must go:
- Learn to understand food labels. If you're looking for healthy food, labels hold the key. Read them and start seeking for healthier alternatives
- If you can't always avoid eating junk food, learn to choose the more healthy fast foods
- As you gradually eradicate unhealthy foods from your diet, replace them with simple, fresh foods and encourage your friends to do the same
- Help your family to start shopping differently, buying fresh foods more frequently, relying less on foods which have a long shelf life because they're full of artificial preservatives and buying for just few meals, at a time. Over a few months, you'll find that it's not that time-consuming and you and your family is actually enjoying planning and eating healthier meals
- In time, processed foods that used to seem appetizing will lose their appeal, as your palate becomes attuned to fresher, purer flavours
-Be realistic. Sometimes with friends you'll still have a burger or a ready-meal. Relax. Healthy eating is all about balance. As long as most of the time you're eating good, nutritious food, that's fine
Once you know the fast food facts, you'll never the feel the same about the foods in junk food joints again. Start gradually changing the way you eat and you'll enjoy food more and feel better, as well as give yourself, your family and friends massive health benefits which are long-term. You're not alone in this. Half the world is trying to do the same. But remember you can make it happen, only if you try. Your time starts NOW
I am 23 year old female, avg built ,bmi 19, have problem of underdeveloped breasts. Plzz help. Menstruation is regular of 4 days with 30 days cycle.
Stem cells are the basic building blocks of our body. They are found in the blood, tissues, organs and immune system. These powerful stem cells are found in umbilical cord blood. They have a remarkable ability to regenerate themselves and differentiate into specialized cells, thus they can replace diseased cells and can be used for the treatment of life threatening diseases.
What is umbilical cord and why is it so awesome?
Throughout the pregnancy, the umbilical cord functions as a lifeline between mother and baby. It carries rich nutrients, oxygenated blood from placenta to the developing baby through the umbilical vein. The baby in turn pumps nutrient-depleted, deoxygenated blood back to the placenta through umbilical arteries. Yes it’s reverse! Umbilical cord is a rich source of cord blood and cord tissue stem cells. Stem cells have a unique ability to differentiate into functional cells which can help treat more than 80 diseases in the baby after birth. According to the WHO report, minimum 2000 Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplants are performed annually to cure diseases such as leukemia, sickle cell anemia, thalassaemia, cerebral palsy, myeloma, lymphoma and more. More than 35000 cord blood stem cell transplants have already been performed worldwide and 53% of cord blood transplants have been performed in children. (World Cord Blood Congress 2015 Report)
5 unique qualities that make umbilical cord blood banking so convenient and important.
Umbilical cord blood banking is the process of collecting and preserving your baby’s umbilical cord blood stem cells for future medical uses.
1. Collecting umbilical cord stem cells is a quick and easy procedure and painless for the mother and baby.
2. Stem cells from the umbilical cord blood are young and unexposed to the external environment, thus they can be transplanted with higher chances of acceptance in the patient body.
3. The therapeutic potential of umbilical cord stem cells is vast. These stem cells are already being used to treat more than 80 life threatening diseases.
4. Cord blood stem cells are genetically unique and exclusive. If your family has a history of complex diseases, like: Alzheimer's disease, Arthritis, Asthma, Heart disease and stroke, chances of your children inheriting them are higher. These life threatening diseases can be cured with cord blood. All the more reason why you should opt for preservation of cord blood stem cells.
5. Umbilical cord stem cells if preserved are readily available in case of emergency for the baby and family. This ensures that in situations of crisis, you wouldn't have to spend months or years finding a donor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Period was proper and heavy and continued for 5-6 days. And intercourse was 23 days before period. am i safe? Does home pregnancy test after 1 month 5 days will give accurate result?
I did two pregnancy test. But both were invalid. What are the reasons for an invalid result? And what are the chances of pregnancy if the results are invalid?
Thanks to the cold weather, people love to have piping hot foods to quench their hunger. Of these foods,samosas,bhajjias,wadas top the list. We doctors and dieticians see a upward trend in the number of clients with Gastro problem ,spike in blood sugars and as well as gain in body weight. Today , i am going to reveal the 3 most easy tricks to keep yourself hale and healthy.
Consume atleast 2 seasonal fruits ( Oranges/ black grapes/ strawberries). Donot worry these foods would not cause you cold. These fruits infact help you to safeguard against common cold owing to its rich nutrient content. Do consume it in fresh form .
Toss up you salads and soups with lemon or amla juice as both are potent source of Vit C and antioxidants. Increase the intake of soup to control your hunger pangs
Reduce the intake of Dairy products as it is known to produce cough especially in cold seasons.
Happy winter and enjoy your foods though in moderation but donot forget to follow the tips !
I am 28 years old and mother of two young kids 2.5 and 1 yrs after my second c section I am having shooting pain in my left heel, left bum, and back ache the pain in my heel is so severe that some times (specially after waking up) I need to walk on my toes.
I feel very bad pain during menstrual days. Those five days are really very difficult for me. Please guide me how to get rid from it?
Hi I and my husband are trying to get conceived and to get pregnancy I am 24 years old my period date in this month is september 10 I want to get pregnancy in a natural manner and in which dates should I and my husband should get conceived and about how much time and tell me detailed procedure about my question please.
1. Get whiter, healthier teeth
An apple won't replace your toothbrush, but biting and chewing an apple stimulates the production of saliva in your mouth, reducing tooth decay by lowering the levels of bacteria.
2. Curb all sorts of cancers
Scientists from the American Association for Cancer Research, among others, agree that the consumption of flavonol-rich apples could help reduce your risk of developing pancreatic cancer by up to 23 percent. Researchers at Cornell University have identified several compounds 'triterpenoids'in apple peel that have potent anti-growth activities against cancer cells in the liver, colon and breast. Their earlier research found that extracts from whole apples can reduce the number and size of mammary tumours in rats. Meanwhile, the National Cancer Institute in the U.S. has recommended a high fibre intake to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
3.Decrease your risk of diabetes
Women who eat at least one apple a day are 28 percent less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who don't eat apples. Apples are loaded with soluble fibre, the key to blunting blood sugar swings.
The soluble fibre found in apple binds with fats in the intestine, which translates into lower cholesterol levels and a healthier you.
5.Control your weight
Many health problems are associated with being overweight, among them heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea. To manage your weight and improve your overall health, doctors recommend a diet rich in fibre. Foods high in fibre will fill you up without costing you too many calories.
Sir my age is 18 nd I am girl my problem is related to menses actually my bleeding phase gets prolonged nd it persist for month or so smtime menses become quite irregular I have consulted from local doctor but they r not very clear please suggest me what I should do I have done all types of ultrasound nd what not blood test has become routine work but still nothing doctor said that uterine wall is degraded but I am still not understanding how nd why.
Ayurveda encompasses all aspects of your life, including what you eat and drink and how you exercise. Following an ayurvedic lifestyle can help prevent problems from occurring and improve your quality of life. Indigestion is a common complaint faced by a majority of the population at some point of time or the other. Here are a few ayurvedic tips on how to prevent indigestion.
- Eat mindfully: Never eat in a hurry or on the go. Chew your food properly and eat slowly. Along with the taste, also appreciate the textures, smell etc. of your food. This keeps your body satiated for longer and helps avoid snacking. Pay attention to your digestive system while eating by unplugging from other activities and medium like television, telephones etc.
- Eat freshly cooked food: As food gets stale, it loses its nutrient value. Hence always, cook and eat fresh food. Avoid microwaved meals. Eating raw food in the form of salads etc is ideal as these uncooked food have the highest level of nutrients and are rich in fiber, making them easy to digest.
- Sip warm water: Water not only keeps the body hydrated, but also aids digestion. Try sipping warm water throughout the day to keep your digestive system lubricated and to make it easy for food to pass through. Avoid drinking cold water as this takes longer to digest. This is because the body must first heat the water to bring it up to body temperature before it can digest it.
- Take a walk after a meal: Going for a light walk after a meal can help kickstart the digestive process. This increases blood flow and circulation in the digestive system. However, avoid strenuous exercising like swimming or running immediately after a meal.
- Make lunch your heaviest meal: The body's digestive system works at its optimal levels in the middle of the day. According to a number of studies, the highest amounts of digestive juices are released around noon. Hence, this is the best time to eat a heavy meal as it will be digested faster and metabolized into energy to keep you going throughout the day instead of being stored as fat.
- Ginger tea: Sipping on ginger tea after a heavy meal can help avoid bloating. It can also boost the digestive enzymes and speed up the digestion process. You may also sip ginger tea between meals.
- Exercise regularly: Lastly, exercise regularly. If you can't find half an hour to exercise at once, try interval training between activities. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is an easy way to include exercise in your daily routine.