Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My 10 months old baby has got cough and running nose, cold. Please suggest if giving nebulizer helps in speedy curing along with medicines? Will it have any side effects?
My son 1 year and 5 months old he suffered from cystic fibrosis. Still we are continuing medicine. My son weight s only 6.5 kg. What can I do for weight gaining?
Hello doctors, My baby girl is 4.5 month old she was having fever from 4 days so we visited doctor and he diagnosed her with diarrhea since she was passing v less urine and more watery stools. So doctor has prescribed zenflox 2.5 ml, entroflora, redotil sachet. And asked me to stop breastfeeding and start zerolac milk for her. I am not convinced to stop breast feeding since I have heard from all that breastfeeding ia the best medicine and contains antibodies for children to fight with infection. Please suggest.
Drinking in teenage years linked to memory problems and other health issues in later life.
- Binge drinking during teenage years could lead to thinning of certain areas of the brain causing problems with memory and other serious health implications later in life suggests a study.
- As per a recent study conducted by the oregon state university in the us, binge drinking is linked to shrinking of certain areas of the brain that are associated with memory, attention and language in teenagers. This, in turn, could lead to increased risk of developing alcohol use disorder later on in life.
- The researchers studied six parameters to determine the hazardous impact of heavy drinking on the brain in early years. These include response inhibition, working memory, verbal learning and memory, decision making and reward processing, alcohol cue reactivity, and socio-cognitive/socio-emotional processing,
- Teenage is a period where the brain is still undergoing biological and psychological behaviour development.
- Considering the fact that more and more teenagers are involved in binge drinking and heavy drinking, understanding the effects of consuming large quantities of alcohol on neural development and the impact on cognitive skills is very important.
- Binge or heavy episodic drinking is defined as four or more standard drinks within a two-hour drinking session for females and five or more drinks for males.
- As per the study, binge drinking among young people is associated with a thinning or reduction of areas of the brain that are known to play a key role in memory, attention, language, awareness and consciousness.
- This type of brain alteration in young life could lead to increased risk of alcohol use disorder in later years of life.
Dear Doctor, This mail is regarding my child who is 10 years old and issues related to him are: 1.He had Dengue last year 2015 and was hospitalized for two weeks, and had 18 bottles IV fluid administered, he recovered but, his immunity has gone down. 2.He has started eating rather, hogs on food, has put up weight, he is 43 kgs now. 3. He has become lazy and has no interest in studies, was a very good student he used to be in 1- 3 ranking in the class. 4. His memory has gone down, because of his laziness. 5. Very important. He has got adenoids. Some extra growth inside nose which has to be operated, very soon we are deciding on that. Please, advice on this issue. Thanks.
My son is 18 months old, He is premature baby of 27 week. First six months he was unable to listen. But after 8 months he started to listen, Now a days he reacts to all sounds but when we call his name he doesn't reacts. Although he speaks word like papa kaka Amma. What is exact problem?
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.