Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi PatiYour feedback matters!
Health benefits of pickles
Free radical scavenging from antioxidants: pickles can be good source of antioxidants, especially decalepis hamiltonii or swallow root. As the vegetables or unripe fruits are stored fresh without cooking, the antioxidants present in those vegetables or unripe fruits are preserved as it is. Antioxidants are those micronutrients that help in protecting our body against the attacks of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that are produced during cellular metabolism. These unstable chemicals react with our cells and damage our dna to become unstable and in the process, create more and more free radicals. We can protect ourselves from free radical attacks by consuming food with high antioxidants. A lot of emphasis these days is put on antioxidants by dieticians and doctors.
Supply of probiotic or gut-friendly bacteria: probiotic bacteria are those friendly bacteria that are present in our digestive system. These bacteria actually help us in the digestion of food. Sometimes, due to the use of antibiotics, along with invading bacteria, these friendly bacteria are also killed. The fall in their numbers can cause digestive problems that can be solved by eating pickles made without the use of vinegar. Naturally fermented salt pickles encourage the growth of these friendly bacteria, which will replenish the numbers in our digestive system and restore our health.
Supply of essential minerals and vitamins: fresh pickles, dips or chutneys are made from leafy vegetables or herbs such as coriander, curry leaves, spinach, parsley, and amaranth. These fresh pickles are interesting and appetizing ways of making children eat their share of leafy vegetables and herbs, which are otherwise boring for children. Eating freshly made pickles not only tastes good, but they also supply essential vitamins such as vitamin c, a, k, folate and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamins and minerals are vital micronutrients which protect us from diseases, help us build immunity, bone strengthening, vision protection, curing anemia, and various other functions.
Diabetes control: studies have shown that consuming vinegar based pickles improves hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, which in turn helps in controlling diabetes. The acetic acid present in vinegar has been noted to be responsible for this phenomenon. However, care must be taken to avoid the consumption of salted pickles as excess salt increases blood pressure.
Improves digestion: in india, indian gooseberry or amla (phyllanthus emblica) is one of the favourite fruits that are pickled. This fruit is believed to possess several health benefits according to ayurveda treatments and moreover, since amla is a seasonal fruit, unripe amla pickles are prepared. It is customary practice in some indian families to have amla pickle as the first course or an appetizer as it is believed that amla pickle improves digestion.
Liver protection: apart from benefits such as improved digestion, amla or gooseberry pickle also has hepatoprotective properties. Studies have shown that when amla extracts were administered on lab animals with chemical-induced hepatotoxicity or liver damage, the damage was reduced significantly.
Reduces ulcers: ulcers are internal wounds caused due to a failure of mucus membranes and acid interaction on tissues. Particularly, gastric ulcers are caused by a weakening of mucous membrane and hyperacidity. Regular consumption of amla or indian gooseberry pickles also help in reducing ulcers, if any.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case.
My son is 16 years old but he is not interested in social occasions withdraws himself to talk to people, he does not concentrate , does not have much interest in life , very lazy or else he is very good person.
My daughter diagnosed with lactose intolerance from 15th day of her birth now I am feeding her isomil formula and doctor gave her lactose enzyme drop to drink her I want to know is this curable and what should I do to help her coz she does loose potty always and many times I want to ask that should I stop breastfeeding and I drink milk should I stop drinking milk?
My nephew 7 year old facing nosebleeds from last 3 years. Consulted 2 3 doctor but they say it happens due to weak vain of nostril. Please suggest me what should we do.
My granddaughter is now 4.5 years old and 3 weeks back she suffered of some scratch in her left cheek and below ear. (not deep one) this scratch was not by injury and it appeared one morning in her cheek and spread below cheek and near ear within 2 days. Now after using medicine, the wound cured but in its place, white color markings are there. I used honey but no use, it? s still there. I afraid this white markings will go or not. Please advise.
I have a baby boy of 9 months he gas fever from last 2 days blood report wbc 17500 c-reactive protein 130.91.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.
I have a girl Baby of 1 year and 6 month old. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. Her weight is about 7 kg .She is very lean and thin. She does not like to eat sweet food. Please help me how can I care her complexion and her growth and weight. Provide me a proper guide of meal and its quantity to be given to the baby so that her complexion and her growth can be improved.
My daughter age 1years 1 month still not start standing properly by her own. What is the best remedies so she could be strong.
3 years old son is coughing for last 2 days. Can feel the cough troubling in his throat. Since birth whenever he had caught cough.
My daughter who is 2 years and 8 months is suffering from boiled watery pimples which r getting burst n becoming black again new r starting, she is also feelings itching. She had the same problem earlier also twice I had given her azithromycin 200 on doctors prescription, so now also from 3 days I have been going the same syrup but she is not recovering pls suggest what to do.
My son was 23 months old, he is suffering from heavy cold, since last night. Is there any home remedies. Please suggest me.
I am 12 years girl have eczema in my foot from last 7/8 months Initially it was small spot give pain spots are in damage condition some skins brost below my foot.
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc