Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi PatiYour feedback matters!
My son had 50 day old baby his urine is after try in his brief it will show some dark stain in his brief . But the Dr. said nothing to worry abt is after 3 month it will continue means we will take some tests . I want the reason for this plz.
I have a new born baby but I give him breast feeding so my mother said do not eat mangoes but I luv mangoes what I should do plzzzz help me.
My son was given the first dose of rotasure. But the second one on 10 week was not given as rotasure is not available in bangalore. What do I do now? The dose was due on 12th nov.
Doctor my 20 months old baby quit active her weight is 8.5 kg and height is 77 cmt but i'm worried about weight not gain so what to do ?
My baby boy aged 40 days, giving feeding regularly my nipples become pain and having trauma. Advice me.
I have a 16 day old baby boy who is only on breastmilk. His poop is normal mustard yellow when he poops. When it dries in the cloth nappy it turns green! is this normal? or should I take him to my pediatrics?
Hi sir I have 2 kids but growth is not so good so 2-3 years kids what should I give in daily food for better growth.
I'm 32 years old female. I'm so much depressed for the past 3 months. My husband betrayed me. He's in relationship with a girl of age 31. Both told me that they were friends. But both of them planning to marry in Malaysia cause she's a Malaysian citizen. We've a kid of age 5. Don't know what to do?
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
What are the best Diagnostic tests for examining hearing loss in a child at 5 y old age. Secondly if a child is diagnosed with auditory nerve damage or cochlear tiny hair cells damage it can be treated with medication or there is no cure or hearing add machine can be set. Last thing child with hearing loss at 50 to 60 DB will need to set hearing add machine on both ear if the loss is in both ears and machine will set all the lifetime. Thanks.
Hello dr, my daughter (4.5 yrs) has got lump in her stomach and its size is 4x2 cm. Few doctors are suggesting for the operation and few are saying that is an 8 to 10 days old apendex in which they can not do the operation it will get resolve by medicine. Please suggest.
My 6.7 years old son is passing urin on bed. When he is sleeping at night or day. His weight is 23kg. Please suggest, what have to do?
Hello doctor, I have 65 days old kid. Everyday I make him to sleep around 10 PM - 11 pm and I feed him during that time. After that next I feed him around 5 am. He never wakes up in between. Is this correct or do I have to wake him up and feed him in between. In day time I feed frequently when ever he needs it.(more than 7,8 times)
My nephew is 8 months old and he is having high ESR. He is having cough and due to that not eating anything and vomiting after consuming little milk. P previously he had fever also but we gave him pcm & ofloxacin drops. So fever is gone now. But he is not consuming anything and became very weak. Not that much activity as he was before. All the times he is cranky and crying a lot. Please help.
Cold and cough is caused by a viral infection, which can last for about two to four weeks. The symptoms include stuffy or a runny nose, coughing and sore throat. Many times, the infection may raise body temperature and the child may suffer from fever. Our body’s immune system naturally fights with such infections. Depending on the type of cough and the symptoms, the virus can stay active in the body for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is quite painful to see the child suffering from cold and cough. The symptoms of this infection are worse during the first two days.
The child will experience pain and irritation in the throat with difficulty in swallowing, frequent coughing with mucous, breathing difficulty and high fever. Most parents rush to over the counter drugs for cold and cough to ease of their child’s agony. However, most drugs/ cough syrups available over the counter only provide temporary relief. Medical evidence suggests that antibiotics do not kill viruses, thus, it is not advisable to treat cold and cough with antibiotics unless accompanied by another infection. So, what do parents do? Well, there is a lot that can be done.
Let’s first understand the type of a cough your child might be suffering from:
- Dry cough: Generally occurs due to infection in upper respiratory tract, cold or influenza. Children with asthma and allergies are also prone to this type of cough as dry cough is triggered by smoke or dust.
- Croup Cough: A harsh barking and dry cough with swelling beneath vocal cords.
- Wet Cough: Most commonly caused by cold. This is an infection of the lower respiratory tract characterised by mucous secretions.
- Whooping cough: Characterised by fast coughing, breathing difficulties and a whooping sound while breathing.
Apart from this, If coughing starts suddenly along with choking, the child may have inhaled a foreign body. Immediate help may be required. For babies less than 12 months of age, cold cough followed by breathing difficulties may indicate bronchiolitis and require a paediatric attention. A normal cold and cough generally subside with two to four weeks. However, it is important to understand when to consult a doctor.
- Chest pain or breathing problems
- Cough lasting for more than 6 weeks.
- A yellow, green or brown mucous indicating another infection.
- Swollen glands, persistent high fever, rashes.
- Body getting pale and symptoms getting worse.
- Temperature higher than 38 degrees in the case of infants.
Precautions and diet that should be taken care of
- Increase Intake of fluids especially hot liquids
- Never stop breastfeeding the baby
- Vapour rub applied on chest and back is an effective remedy
- Inhaling steam provides relief to a sore throat and nose
- Intake of crushed tulsi leaves with honey or hot turmeric milk is soothing and very helpful
There is little we can do to prevent viral infections. However, proper care and caution can ensure a smooth recovery.