Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna Reddy. G.VYour feedback matters!
Skin irritants are everywhere. Even in your house, there is practically no place where there are no skin irritants. Laundry detergents, air fresheners and floor polishes are just a few factors that cause skin itching. The reason why this happens is because products like air fresheners and floor polishes take away essential oils and water from the skin which leads to dryness and irritation.
This type of dry, itchy skin can also progress to skin conditions like eczema. Here are some ways you can stop your skin from becoming dry and itchy:
- Wear gloves: The ideal thing to do would be to wear soft, thin cotton gloves and wear rubber gloves on top of that. Do not touch a bucket or sponge without it. If you cannot wear soft, thin cotton gloves underneath, at least wear the rubber gloves as this protects your hands from irritants.
- Take a shower after swimming: Chlorine is one of the principal causes of itchiness in your skin. It is absolutely essential that once you have finished swimming you take a shower with water and a little soap. Even more importantly, use a moisturizer with glycerin in it, as this will keep the moisture trapped inside. Glycerin is particularly good at holding on to moisture.
- Petroleum jelly: Petroleum jelly has been proven to reduce the chance of dry, itchy skin because it contains only one ingredient. This one ingredient formula is especially great when it is applied to sensitive skin. The reason why one ingredient is better than a moisturizer with many chemicals is because a one ingredient formula is gentler and therefore creates a protective barrier against irritants.
- Oatmeal bath: For this kind of treatment, grind oatmeal in a blender and then sprinkle it in your bath water. Oatmeal has an anti-inflammatory substance known as Avenanthramide, which decreases itching and redness of the skin.
- Cleanliness: This is perhaps the most important tip, which can be given. If you do not regularly clean your floors or wash your bed sheets in hot water than you are at a high risk of getting mites and these are one of the most common irritants of your skin.
Hi, My daughter who is almost 11 years old has small bulge (swelling like a hump) in breast which when she touches feels hard but no pain, the other breast is normal. It's not paining her. If she presses breast feel little pain. I am afraid of what it would be. Please suggest me what to do.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
How to prevent shrinking of face skin and neck skin, is there any remedy. Babu: Titan4india@yahoo. Com.
I want tibmake a tattoo on my skin but I have little bit allergies can I make tattoo in my hand.Please tell sir.
I have sun tanning on face for a long time. Used azelaic acid. No improvement. Kindly suggest some remedy. Any other precautions.
Pigmentation formed on my cheeks both cheeks and I tried different products to get rid of it but can't. It gets darken if my face got exposed to sunlight. Please suggest me how to get rid from those patches. Since 4 years I am facing this issue.
My neck and fore arms are black in colour I need to get them out so suggest me a home tip are any medical tips with low cost and I to had black marks on my fore head.
I am 21 age men. Dark color in face and neck and brown color in whole body. Can I use multani matti face powder for fairness.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.