Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna KumarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Krishna Kumar provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
Hi Doctor, I am a daily drunken, I drink 180 to 200 ml whiskey daily and my ot/pt is getting high from normal range and my Liver have infection I start taking 2 tablets of Liv 52 daily in a morning, please suggest me what I will do Thank you.
Hello Dr. I am arvind Gupta. I have already told you about my hair problem yesterday. But I want prescription of medicine. Means all together which cure all hair problem. And if you can prescribe some homeopathic drug. Which give me benefit as soon possible. Actually my hair is thin and in small area less hair r there. So I want to dense my hair. Pls give me prescription so that I can buy .thanks.
Aren't you scared of summer heat, skin eruptions, sweat and thirst?
Overcome all summer problems with these cool solutions offered by ayurveda. Get acquainted with ayurveda and beat the summer heat before it beats you.
The heat of the summer seeps into our system, saps away our strength and leaves us dehydrated. Ancient indian scriptures advice an ayurvedic regimen for all, which helps to avoid dehydration and to maintain vitality.
What to avoid during summer months:
- Strenuous exercises
- Going out in afternoons when the heat is at its peak
- Pungent, sour and salty foods
- Foods that produce heat within the body
Technology might help you to stay cool inside your home or office but you will eventually have to face the heat outside. According to ayurveda, the ancient science of natural health,
When things are heating up outside, the key to balance is to find ways to cool down inside i.e. physically, mentally and emotionally.
Tips to maintain balance between mind and body during summer:
1. Cooling baths
A cooling bath is the best way to start a'cool' day. This is the first thing that you do in the morning, so make the best of it. Bathe with cold water.
2. Cooling beverages
Fresh fruit juices and nectars, blended and stored at room temperature, are recommended.
3. Cooling diet
A cooling ayurvedic diet in summer includes a lot of fruits and vegetables that are sweet, juicy, bitter and astringent in nature.
4. Cooling exercise
Swimming is a healthy and wonderful exercise for summer - it's not only cooling and soothing for the body but also helps in toning and strengthening body muscles.
5. Cooling lifestyle
Stress and overwork aggravates the symptoms and overheating effects of summer.
6. Protect yourself from the sun
You should protect yourself from the sun and refrain from outdoor activities during the hottest part of the day.
A little meet and greet with ayurveda.
The word, ayurveda, translates to'the science of life. It's a holistic science over 5,000 years old that contains a profound body of knowledge used to understand ourselves within the laws of nature.
According to ayurveda, each individual and all of the nature is made up of a certain combination of the five fundamental elements: space, air, fire, water and earth. These elements uniquely design each one of us, creating a distinct blueprint known as our dosha.
Knowing your dosha will help you determine lifestyle choices and the nutritional needs that will benefit you most on the quest to create optimal wellness and beauty.
Eat healthy with ayurveda.
There are many different recipes to quench your taste bud, but ayurveda encourages a seasonal diet and ingredients that balance out the qualities already occurring in nature.
Stay in shape
High fat food eating habits along with sedentary lifestyle results in accumulation of excessive fat which gets deposited in various channels of the body. This condition is usually associated with irregular appetite, hypertension, thyroid, pcod, diabetes and many other metabolic disorders.
Appropriate panchakarma treatments along with specially designed diet helps to mobilize the fat, reduce blood cholesterol, impart mobility to joints, strengthen muscles and refresh the body. A key effect of these treatments is to reach and maintain a healthy weight.
Hi. My baby is 67 days old. She cries lot in every night in the same time after 12 am and cries very hard till morning 5 am everyday. But morning she seems to be normal. Only every night same time she is crying lot. Please advise how to find if she is colic or not. Please advise what to to soothe her in night. Thank u.
Though in general, gaining excessive weight is not healthy for your body, but at times, people drastically lose weight due to various medical conditions and that cannot be considered healthy as well. Also, sometimes children, young adults and even middle-aged people are underweight due to various reasons and are advised by physicians to gain weight. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for gaining weight. You can read on to find more about them:
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can help you to gain a balanced body weight. Exercising your thighs, hips, calves, running exercises and pushups can help you to gain weight.
- Reduce stress: Sometimes stress is responsible for unexplained weight loss. So in order to gain a balanced body weight, you must try reducing stress. You may consider practicing yoga or meditation. Yoga and meditation can help you to remain calm and can prove to be helpful in reducing your stress.
- Include dairy products in your diet: Dairy products can help you increase your body weight. Dairy products like milk and ghee are healthy and can increase your body weight too. However, make sure that your intake of these products is controlled.
- Adequate sleep: Adequate sleep is essential for gaining weight. Consider taking afternoon naps as these can prove to be very useful in gaining weight.
- Don't stay depressed: Depression can affect your body adversely and can also bring down your weight drastically.
- Consider Brimhana therapy: Ayurveda offers a natural therapy for weight gain, which is known as Brimhana therapy. It is a natural nourishment therapy which is proven to be very effective in gaining weight.
- Massage herbal oils on your body: Massaging herbal oils on your body occasionally, can help you to gain weight.
Along with the above mentioned remedies, do keep in mind to consult a doctor in order to cure any chronic illness responsible for your weight loss as it may help you to gain back a stable body weight. Also, it is recommended for you to visit a nutritionist practicing Ayurveda, in order to gain weight in a healthy way.