Submit a review for Keva Ayurveda - BTM LayoutYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Krishna Kumar provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
A respiratory disorder, the inflammation of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air to and from your lungs is known as bronchitis. Allergic bronchitis is a disorder that develops, if you have severe allergies which result in a bronchial immune system reaction.
Allergic Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider who can differentiate the allergic form of bronchitis from the normal form of bronchitis by searching for other symptoms related to the allergy. Allergic bronchitis often occurs due to seasonal allergies, making it an acute condition. If you are suffering from lingering bronchitis issues caused due to allergies, an allergy test is recommended so that the doctor can accurately assess the condition.
The symptoms of allergic bronchitis are similar to the regular form bronchitis. Only difference is that the symptoms are triggered by allergies. Some of the symptoms are given below:
Cough which may form mucus
Body aches and breathlessness
Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
Fever with chills
Over the years, Ayurvedic practitioners have prepared and prescribed a number of remedies that can address the issue of allergic bronchitis.
Some of the Ayurvedic remedies are listed below:
Below listed remedies should be taken 3 times in a day for quick relief.
2 grams of Shringyadi Churna should be taken along with 100 mg of Kaphachintamani and Kaphaketu.
Talisadi churna should be mixed with honey and ginger juice.
2 grams of Sitopaladi Churna should be mixed with 200 mg of Praval Pisthi as well as 100 mg of Rasa Sindur.
Haridra khand (one spoon) should be taken along with a cup of warm milk.
Other natural remedies, according to Ayurveda include:
Haldi (turmeric powder) mixed with a glass of milk
Juice of Vasa
Tulsi (Basil leaves ground to make a juice)
Equal quantity of black pepper, dried ginger and long pepper (piper longum) mixed with honey
Hair fall has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall has long term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside, preventing them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the Ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications
It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated due to intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp-related problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong, foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts and milk.
- Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
- Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: Bhringaraaja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful to control hair fall.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: This procedure involves several days of internal oleation by taking either pure ghee or a specially prepared medicated ghee followed by a gentle herbal purgative. Purgation acts on aggravated and accumulated pitta and kapha doshas. It decreases the heat (ushna guna) of pitta and increases coolness (sheeta guna) required for formation of shukra dhatu (ovum and sperm). Impaired agni due to disturbed pitta is also rectified by the virechana procedure. A strong and balanced dhatvagni (tissue agni) is required for dhatnirmiti of shukradhatu (creation of reproductive tissue). Obstructing kapha dosha is removed through virechana and the blocked apana vata obstructed by kapha dosha is also relieved by virechana. Common virechana dravyas: mahatiktaghrit, trivrit (leha or churna). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am suffering from the stomach pain. Daily in early in the morning when I wake up the pain is very strongly. So what I do.
My age is 27 year. When I make physical relationship with my wife, I ejaculate after 30-40 minute, so please suggest me that ejaculation occur after 1 hour.
I want you to suggest good oil for my damage hair. My hair condition is very poor. I want a good herbal treatment to regain my hair.
I feel pain in legs. I often feel like low confidence. My legs pains continuously. I don't feel like having energy to work. Why is it so. How do I recover.
My age is 23, I am an IT professional. I am not a hardcore gymer, But I workout frequently, I was not in routine from 2-3 months, But I again started today morning. I worked out for an hour or so. Did some crunches. I returned home, Drank my protein shake with milk. The moment I drank that, I felt like vomiting, just in 2 sec I vomited all milk. I felt little better after that, in 30 second or so, I vomited again this time it was just red water, water with blood I guess. I did not have anything before workout apart form water. So I guess it was blood. From the moment I am feeling little burn inside the stomach. Suggest me what should I do further? How this can happens?
My Mother 40 have a black small patches on her hand in other words black circle mark on her hand please suggested her some home remedy or treatment and tell us how it come please it's your most kindness. thanks.
I am 22 years female .I'm having a severe hair loss. I'm not taking any medications. Pls suggest me some treatments.
I have vitiligo disease but my spots are not getting fade. Please help me how I remove all spots from my body fast.
Hii Dr. im male age 26. Today when I was taking bath I dnt use lux soap but today I used I was cleaning myself. I applied lux soap on my penis nd was rubbing to clean it after 5 min I felt irritation nd washed away since 6 hrs im feeling irritation on penis on lower part skin only. please tel me why its irritating? Im tensed :(koi prblm toh ni h na? Nd I applied oil on it also afterward please reply asap.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
Treatment includes overall body treatment and focused treatment of the affected joint. Oral medicines, oils and external applicants, detoxification and rejuvenation through panchakarma, diet changes, healthy lifestyle are all part of the treatment regimen. Oil and external application on the overall body and affected joints will help lubricate the joints and will allow easy movement. This will help reduce stiffness and improve range of motion.
Dietary changes: Reduce fats, sugar, salt and alcohol. Include a lot more of fish, soy, olive oil, low-fat dairy products, broccoli, green tea, citrus fruits, whole grains, beans, garlic and nuts and seeds. In addition to protein, these have various ingredients, which are useful for bone health and act as anti-inflammatory agents.
Some common panchakarma treatments include:
- Choorna Kizhi, where the person is made to assume different positions and mixtures of various herbs are applied to make the person sweat profusely.
- Abhyangam is a special oil massage lasting 45 minutes that the patient undergoes for 14 days. In addition to arthritis, it also helps control body ache, fight obesity, revitalises the whole system, induces sleep, and helps fight stress.
- Njavarakizhi is similar to the earlier Choorna Kizhi, various oils are used to massage the whole body while the patient is made to sit in different positions. There is also a Njavara rice that is cooked in milk to make a porridge and fed to the patient. This again is continued for 14 days.
The key to managing this condition is to seek help in as early stages of the disease as possible. When there are risk factors that put you at risk, reach out to seek medical help as soon as you realise onset of symptoms.
Hi Doctor, I am a daily drunken, I drink 180 to 200 ml whiskey daily and my ot/pt is getting high from normal range and my Liver have infection I start taking 2 tablets of Liv 52 daily in a morning, please suggest me what I will do Thank you.
Hello Dr. I am arvind Gupta. I have already told you about my hair problem yesterday. But I want prescription of medicine. Means all together which cure all hair problem. And if you can prescribe some homeopathic drug. Which give me benefit as soon possible. Actually my hair is thin and in small area less hair r there. So I want to dense my hair. Pls give me prescription so that I can buy .thanks.
Aren't you scared of summer heat, skin eruptions, sweat and thirst?
Overcome all summer problems with these cool solutions offered by ayurveda. Get acquainted with ayurveda and beat the summer heat before it beats you.
The heat of the summer seeps into our system, saps away our strength and leaves us dehydrated. Ancient indian scriptures advice an ayurvedic regimen for all, which helps to avoid dehydration and to maintain vitality.
What to avoid during summer months:
- Strenuous exercises
- Going out in afternoons when the heat is at its peak
- Pungent, sour and salty foods
- Foods that produce heat within the body
Technology might help you to stay cool inside your home or office but you will eventually have to face the heat outside. According to ayurveda, the ancient science of natural health,
When things are heating up outside, the key to balance is to find ways to cool down inside i.e. physically, mentally and emotionally.
Tips to maintain balance between mind and body during summer:
1. Cooling baths
A cooling bath is the best way to start a'cool' day. This is the first thing that you do in the morning, so make the best of it. Bathe with cold water.
2. Cooling beverages
Fresh fruit juices and nectars, blended and stored at room temperature, are recommended.
3. Cooling diet
A cooling ayurvedic diet in summer includes a lot of fruits and vegetables that are sweet, juicy, bitter and astringent in nature.
4. Cooling exercise
Swimming is a healthy and wonderful exercise for summer - it's not only cooling and soothing for the body but also helps in toning and strengthening body muscles.
5. Cooling lifestyle
Stress and overwork aggravates the symptoms and overheating effects of summer.
6. Protect yourself from the sun
You should protect yourself from the sun and refrain from outdoor activities during the hottest part of the day.
A little meet and greet with ayurveda.
The word, ayurveda, translates to'the science of life. It's a holistic science over 5,000 years old that contains a profound body of knowledge used to understand ourselves within the laws of nature.
According to ayurveda, each individual and all of the nature is made up of a certain combination of the five fundamental elements: space, air, fire, water and earth. These elements uniquely design each one of us, creating a distinct blueprint known as our dosha.
Knowing your dosha will help you determine lifestyle choices and the nutritional needs that will benefit you most on the quest to create optimal wellness and beauty.
Eat healthy with ayurveda.
There are many different recipes to quench your taste bud, but ayurveda encourages a seasonal diet and ingredients that balance out the qualities already occurring in nature.
Stay in shape
High fat food eating habits along with sedentary lifestyle results in accumulation of excessive fat which gets deposited in various channels of the body. This condition is usually associated with irregular appetite, hypertension, thyroid, pcod, diabetes and many other metabolic disorders.
Appropriate panchakarma treatments along with specially designed diet helps to mobilize the fat, reduce blood cholesterol, impart mobility to joints, strengthen muscles and refresh the body. A key effect of these treatments is to reach and maintain a healthy weight.