Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran BYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old boy pursuing engineering and have been in some sorta problems with my ears from the last few days and its really hurting alot. I have taken an ear drop for it but wanted to know whether I should go on with some medicine or not in particular for it as after taking the ear drops iv got some relief but I discovered it today itself that iv got a swelling at first stage growing just at the entrance of my ear lobs, so it would be highly grateful of you if you'd suggest me the exact precise opinion asap.
I am 22 year old male. I was suffering from tonsillitis .Can anyone suggest me a good medicine to cure it.
I have a viral throat infection last week accompanied with fever all symptoms are gone and i am feeling better except that I still get dry cough and it's painful. I am taking expectorant cough syrup and hoping it will help. Any advice?
2 years ago I got hurt on my left ear. From then My left ear was Suppurated. I can't clear my ear. Its Suppurate again and again. I can't hear so much on that ear. Please tell me what to do sir?
My kid he is 2years old. He is having allergy on his right ear. When I apply'betagel' it will be in control. After a week again it starts. Please suggest treatment for him. Thank you.
Here are cause, symptoms, and treatments of Blocked Nose or Stuffy Nose
Hello, I am Dr. B. B. Khatri. I am an ENT consultant. I am going to tell you about blocked stuffy nose.
Stuffy nose or blocked nose is a very common problem and usually it is caused by swelling and congestion of the tissues in the nose due to inflamed blood vessels. Sometimes it is accompanied by nasal discharge and other symptoms. The common causes of blocked nose are Deviated Nasal Septum, Allergic Rhinitis, Common Cold, Flu and Nasal Polyps. There can be enlargement of Adenoid Tissue which is situated behind the nose and sometimes traumatic swelling. It is also common during pregnancy and other factors like humidification, temperature change etc. To diagnose the disease or cause of the stuffy blocked nose we have to examine the nose and see if there are any polyps congested turbinate selling of tissues, discharge and throat and other examinations. Then we may have to do certain investigations like CT scan, X-Ray, PNS and Allergic tests.
The common household remedies are usually Steam Inhalation, Well Hydration. The hydration makes the mucous clear and liquefied. Also elevation of the head may be a cure. Some saline sprays are also helpful for the home remedies. Doctor usually treats it with anti-allergic tablets and nasal spray which also have anti allergic action. The nasal sprays are acting locally. Depending upon the cause, there are polyps and adenoids to be removed surgically and deviation of nasal septum that is also corrected by surgery. Depending on other causes, certain specific treatments are also there.
Warning signals should be kept in mind whenever there is stuffy nose with nasal discharge which is yellow or greenish in nature or one sided discharge along with fever or severe headache or swelling of face, nose, eyes and the doctor should be immediately contacted. Head injury followed by nasal discharge, if there is cough that is lasting for more than 10 days along with yellowish or greenish discharge then we need to immediately contact the doctor.
If the symptoms do not respond to home remedies then you can consult me.
Abnormal development of the ear can lead to a lot of complications in the anatomy of the ear such as developmental and hearing problems. It can also give a deformed look to the ear. As such, ear deformity surgery corrects the shape of the ear and facilitates activities inside of it.
Types of ear deformities which can be treated with ear deformity surgery:
- Protruding ears: This is also called prominent ears. This condition is characterized by the ear protruding out from the side of the head. It can stick out more than 2cms from the side portion of the head.
- Constricted ears: This condition is characterized by the rim of the ear getting wrinkled, folded or tight. This condition is also known as ‘lop ear’ disorder.
- Cryptotia: This condition occurs when the framework of the ear cartilage gets partially buried under the skin.
- Microtia: This occurs when the external ear is underdeveloped.
- Anotia: When the ear is totally absent.
- Stahl’s ear: In this condition, the ears are pointy in shape and there is an extra cartilage in the scapha portion (groove or depression of the ear).
- Ear tags: They are also known as branchial cleft remnant or accessory tragus. This disorder consists of extra skin and cartilage in the ear.
- Earlobe deformities: These include duplicate earlobes, earlobes with clefts and skin tags attached to the ear lobe.
- Traumatic ear deformities: Some people have tears, laceration and bite injuries in their ears due to accidents or traumas. It can also be cured with ear deformity surgery.
- Cauliflower ear: Sometimes, an abnormal cartilage might form on the normal cartilage, this gives an abnormal appearance to the ears.
- Ear keloids: This is caused by excessive tissue formation after a minor trauma such as ear piercing.
- Ear hemangiomas: This is a common form of tumor in infancy. It can not only occur on the ears but also on any other parts of the body.
Ear deformity surgery is performed by a team of experts and plastic surgeons. Ear reconstruction can also be performed after an ear deformity surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!