Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Keshav RYour feedback matters!
I experiences a pain at the side if my heart sometimes and at those time if I tried to take a deep breath it will also give me a hard pain. What should I do to get rid of this pain?
I have a friend abid whose heart rate increases rapidly sometimes what should he do? he has already gone for ecg but that was normal.
I am 54 years old, I am having BP, thyroiditis and sugar complaints. I am taking nebicard 5mg, thyroxine 75g, daonil 5mg and gluconorm SR 500mg, static 10 mg. How long I have to take medicines?
Hello doc I am 37 yr. My bp remains on higher side from last few months. Now I feel heavy in the back of my head. And there is a feeling that I have vertigo (faint, thakker aa rahe hai) all the time I am taking amlong mt 25 from last 1 month. My lipid profile comes normal except triglycerides are high Please suggest your kind advice.
How to increase EF in the heart. Is there any remedy in any medicines whether allopathic homeopathy or ayurvedic etc Thanks My EF level is only 22 pct and feeling fatigue very often.
I am 22 years male height is 164cm weight 69kgs I have high blood pressure i. E, 160/100 I want to overcome this problem kindly help me out.
I have bad cholesterol level LDL 199.9 What should I do to cut down my cholesterol level. In this level is it necessary to take medicine?
I had three stentings done on 25 the april 2015. I have been advised bed rest for one week. I am having head-realing since yesterday. Why so. What should I do?
My dad was hospitalized for having blood vomiting, they have given him blood. They told that he has very low bp 50/30. How bad is it? Please tell me what is the lowest bp?
I feel pain in chest. Sometimes in both sides and some times in side of heart. What can this be. A heart problem or chest problem.
Dr. Whether eating boiled egg is good or bad? Whether it increases my body weight or cholesterol? Please clarify. Thanks.
Sir me kuch time se lebotrip25 mg. Pentacoside dsr. Le raha hu. Kyoki muje left side chest me barripan kichabh. Becheni ho rahi. Se preshan hu is tab let se tik rahta hu. Ab aap bataye kitane time tak le sakta hu. Yaah aap koi achi medicine batto jis se fayedha ho skta hai meri thyroid profile thik. Hai. Whole blood report tik hai. Ecg tik hai. Lapid profile mildley deanger. Bus.
My mummy triglycerides level high, readings of triglycerides------------------------- 4/10/2015-----------3011.5 5/3/2016 ------------262.2 21/4/2016------------274 (metropolis report) 28/6/2016-----------256 (metropolis report) previous recovered from the left thalamic hematoma on 28/10/2015 rostar f daily 1, ecosprin av150 daily one *******she is bed ridden for the past 10 months Dr. is there any medicine to reduce triglyceride fast, because here progress is very slow. Thanks in advance.
If you thought that chest pain occurred only due to a heart-related issue like a heart attack, you are wrong. Chest pain is one of the most common reasons that people visit the emergency services and it can be caused due to problems with your heart, lungs and digestive system.
Chest pain can be due to either of these two main reasons:
Heart- related Issues
1. Heart attacks called myocardial infarctions are very common reasons for chest pains. During a heart attack, the blood supply that serves the heart with oxygen is cut off due to plaque build-up in heart arteries causing the death of heart muscles.
- Other reasons for heart attacks are blood clots or torn blood vessels.
- Not all people having a heart attack have symptoms. Usually, people report symptoms like chest pain, upper body pain, nausea, sweating, fatigue, and trouble breathing.
- A heart attack is a serious medical emergency for which immediate care is needed.
2. Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain that results from reduced blood flow to the heart. Low blood flow means your heart doesn’t get enough oxygen. The angina pain is often triggered by physical activity or emotional stress and feels like a vice squeezing your chest or a heavy weight on your chest. It can also spread from your chest to your neck, arms, and shoulders. Other symptoms are fatigue, dizziness and nausea and these normally last up to 15 minutes only.
3. Unstable angina which causes crushing chest pains suddenly and even when you are not doing anything strenuous is a medical emergency as it can lead to a heart attack. This usually shows that your heart, arteries are narrowing alarmingly.
4. Other heat-related reasons for chest pains are-
- Mitral valve narrowing or stenosis
- Heart arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery disease
- Inflammation of heart muscles or pericardium and weakening of the heart muscles.
All of these are emergencies and need immediate medical attention to prevent a fatality.
Not Heart- related:
- Pneumonia is an infection in one or both lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. It causes inflammation in your lung’s air sacs and makes them full of pus which makes it difficult to breathe and causes chest pains, amongst other debilitating symptoms.
- Bronchitis is an inflammation of your bronchial tubes. It can be chronic or acute and it can cause a cough with mucus and chest pains.
- Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that occurs in the lungs. It can go on to damage parts of your lung due to limited blood flow. Apart from this, it can also decrease oxygen levels in the blood and affect other organs.
It can be life-threatening due to permanent lung damage. The most common symptom of a pulmonary embolism is gradual or sudden shortness of breath.
There is also-
- bluish skin tone
- hest pain that extends into your arm, jaw, neck, and shoulder
2. Rib cage inflammation or Costochondritis is also known as Tietze’s syndrome. It is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. Patients experience chest pain in the upper and middle rib area on either side of the body due to this. The pain can also radiate to the back or the abdomen, getting worse if you move, stretch, or breathe deeply.
3. Food pipe disease or Esophagitis is any inflammation or irritation of the oesophagus, a tube that sends food from your throat down to your stomach.
GERD- This condition occurs when the stomach contents and acids back up into the oesophagus. This causes chest pain that can mimic a heart disease. There may also be oesophagal spasms due to GERD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.