Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamini RaoYour feedback matters!
I am married since 7 years. Age 30, F.I am Pcod (on Glycomet 850 & Normoz, folic acid). Undergone 7 follicular studies not positive in these 7 years. Husband s test are normospermia. Please advise I could go for IUI. Thanks.
Sir I am 21.5 years old and my question is that while doing sex with my wife I was not able to stay long time with her my time period is too short.
I came to know that Day 7-18 is the fertile period when ovulation generally occurs, considering the 1st day of periods as day1. So, this 7-18 days are safe for sex to avoid pregnancy without using condom?
My wife has undergone hysterectomy 2 years back and since then she has lost interest in sex. What can be done?
If a person having unprotected sex. And after 6-7 hours his partner have periods. Then how much there be a chance of being pregnant?
Hi, I am 30 yrs and I am planing for baby. I am trying to conceive from last 6 months But nothing works. Please let me know what to do ?
I am 27 and having severe body ache. I am not able to sit for more than half an hour as my back aches alot and can not walk for more than half a km. As m getting bad leg ache. I think it is due to pre-menstrual issues. Though, I got my periods today and still getting this issue. Kindly suggest.
Mam /sir her period was not stop before 5 to 7 days ago her periods was stop and she is suffering from fever and her platelets was 40000 only we admit her but the bleeding is continually going on they did not stop so please tell me what is that it is serious or not.
My wife has missed period for about 5 days and she has tested positive with a pregnancy kit. What should she do next. Whether to consult with doctor or not or wait for some times.
Hello. My age 21 and 75 kgs height 5.7. I am suffering from pcod since 1 year and increasing my weight day by day. I used cycloset syrup for 3months and nw my using apcod sachets twice daily since 6 months but der is no result and I am not getting periods regularly. I am getting when I take deviry for 5 days and next after 10 days I am getting menses. My friends advising me took to take 21 contraceptive pills per month. Is it correct to take it. Any advice for my problem. I am tired to go to hospital n I have consulted many doctors for my problem. So please give me better suggestion in curing my problem thank you.
Hi, My fuency & I tried having sex many a times but I never able to penetrate. She is a virgin, whenever I try to my penis in her vagina she suffer a lot of pain & she start moving her legs & hands in pain here & there & I never able to penetrate. I even placed two of fingers in in but she suffers lot of pain & I have to take them out. She cant handle pain in that area. So everytime I only do orgasm to satisy her. I feel she is really phobic about penetration, she fear that pain. I tried Lox 2 % , lubic but that also not helped, she had pain which she cant resist. Then we even tried while we are drunk but then also she had pain. I am really depressed as I tried everything & nothing is working out. Please guide us so that we can have normal sex life like others.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
I have inserted copper t iud my doctor told me to check it on every fifth day of my period but I want to know that how to check it at home and if I forget it to check on my fifth day of period is it possible to check it on later days of same month. Please reply.
I am suffering from partial low placenta previa during fifth month of pregnancy having bleeding also what precaution should I take.
Have you been trying hard to conceive, but in vain. Then here are 3 things you can do increase your chance of getting pregnant:
- Keeping track of the ovulation period: Even though regular sex throughout the month is advised, it is certainly more fruitful to know your cycle. You can only get pregnant when the sperm meets the egg, and the egg is only released around the 14th day in your cycle. This egg lives only for a day or two, so you have a limited window when you can actually get pregnant. Typically this window is approximately of 6 days, so it's best to have sex in this period. But it's important not get obsessive and put too much pressure to have sex on these days as the stress can reduce sperm quality. So be mindful of it and still enjoy the activity rather than being obsessive. There are several free apps that you can download to help you track your cycle.
- Have missionary sex at least once every 2-3 days: The key is to have regular unprotected sex for over a year. The success rate for this is 84%. It is advised that you have sex every two to three days in every month of the year, and it's not necessary to stick to only those days for having sex when the woman is ovulating. Further, a spiced up sex life can increase your chances of the girl getting pregnant. As for the position, the missionary position works best as it helps the sperm on travelling through the cervix, which in any other position proves to be difficult. You can make the path of the sperm even easier by placing a cushion under the woman as it tilts the uterus, allowing the sperm to travel through more easily.
- Try de-stressing: Psychological preparedness is as important as physical preparedness to maximise your chances of getting pregnant. These days couples lead very hectic and stressful lifestyles in which trying to get pregnant can only add to their stress levels. Increased stress lowers egg passage in women. Besides, trying too hard to get pregnant and the stress that it creates is the reason behind 30% of all infertility problems. In such cases, destressing by exercising, yoga, meditation or acupuncture is a good idea.