Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. KalyanYour feedback matters!
The various movements of the body are enabled by the way the bones work with each other and allow for various movements. You cannot perform a single movement without the coordination of the various joints and bones. It is also for the same reason that joint pains are so common. Accidents, sports injuries, play area injuries, and general ageing are some of the causes that can result in joint pain. There are definitely ways to treat them, but at the same time, preventing them also can be helpful. Read on to know some of the ways to prevent and manage joint pains.
Precautionary measure: For children, ensure they are playing under the supervision of an adult and are wearing sufficient protective gear in the form of helmets, wrist/elbow guards, etc. The same goes for athletes who are prone to injuries. It is always prudent to know your physical limits and not stretch your body constantly. This will go a long way in reducing injuries. Always keep a first-aid kit in your sports bag so that you can manage the pain at the earliest.
If prevention does not work, and injuries do happen, some of the ways to manage them are outlined below.
- Cryotherapy/ice therapy: By reducing the blood flow to the affected joint, ice helps in reducing the pain and swelling, which are usually the prominent symptoms of any joint injury. Using an ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes every hour is greatly useful in reducing the pain. This can be continued for the next few days until the pain stops. Avoid ice burns by not applying ice directly on the skin; instead, wrap it in a towel or a soft cotton cloth.
- Oil massages: Natural oils can be used to massage the affected joints which also greatly reduce pain. Oils which contain menthol or give a topical soothing effect are highly recommended. If you are unable to do it at home, seek professional help for the same.
- Hydrotherapy: Warm baths with salts added for extra benefit can provide soothing relief from joint pains. Try these before going to bed to also get good sleep.
- Herbal mixes: Tea bags and other herbal mixes can also be used to relieve joint pains. These may work for some and may not work for others. As these are external applications, you can give it a try.
- Immobilise the area: The affected joint should be immobilised completely or partially, depending on the extent of damage.
- Physiotherapy: While initially the joint needs to be rested, getting into a physical exercise routine with inputs from a physiotherapist is very essential to avoid long-term immobility.
- Medications: Non-steroidal pain killers are another proven method to manage joint pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My mother who is 45 years old has a shoulder pain and she is unable to sleep at night due to pain. She had visited so many doctors and she had used many medicines but nothing happen for the positive .
Sir, I am suffering from scoliosis spinal chord bent about 25 angle please suggest me regarding this problem.
I experience excess weakness all day round also there is numbness in nerves of feet's and heel. When I scratch with some pointed thing at heel I feel relief and something like blood circulation has occur throughout the body just by scratching at feet. Kindly advice.
My mom has a problem of ankle pain, when she gets up from bed or sitting on chair for some time, please refer a medicine for my mom.
I have problem of cluster of veins and nerves in my backside of legs below knee. Whenever I sit for a long time all nerves and veins collect and make a cluster. And I feel severe pain in my legs please suggest me what to do and whom to consult.
My full body joints paining and knees grease gone am 30 only I think it's because of masturbating alot. Pls tell me the treatment and medicine for this and diet chart pls help.
I suffer from periarthriitis -impingement on my both solders. Please suggest the treatment medicine. I am 73 yrs male. I fell down during walking.
I am suffering pain in knees, pain in waist, I can't stand much time, I can't do heavy work by hand. I feel pain in several joints. I am taking eltroxin 50 mg for high thyroid (now it is 5.2). I am a female, my height 5 ft, weight 52 kg. Please suggest how can I get cure?
Since 1-2 months I am feeling inconvenience in my lower back .bt it is not paining. Past 3 months I am lifting some wtr cans it is the reason for it? R any prb with my back bone? N I hav gas prb also. Can I know wht is the reason behind it n suggest some remedies plz.
I have a meniscus tear of my knee. Is there any cure to this or any remedy other than operation as my knee gets blocked and is very painful.
Woman, 40, paining in calf muscle and ankle. Is there any Ayurvedic / Allopathic medicines or balms etc.? Pl give advice.
I always feel pain on my lower back bone. Normally I feel the pain when I sit or stand for a long time. Is there any solution?
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Homeopathy For Osteoarthritis
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat osteoarthritis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved remedies are available for osteoarthritis which can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.