Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. K. RajashekarYour feedback matters!
I brush my teeth once a time in a day. Is dis enough for my dental care. How can I protect my teeth?
My teeth are getting yellow day by day a yellow coating has been formed as I have changed my placed I am recently in kota rajasthan .i want my white teeth back .plzz provide me a specific solution. I can just open my mouth as I feel shy.
I am 17 years old. The problem is that when I drink tea or coffee my tongue turns yellow. Otherwise it remains fine, what should I do?
I have some dental problem of right side. It is very painful. Some times it bleeds alot. Can you suggest me what should I do with this problem. please reply.
I have a wound inside my mouth it looks yellowish and middle part of it is red coloured. How to treat the wound?
Sir if I bleach my teeth with baking soda and lemon, it is harmful for my teeth & gums. I want to use it for whitening because my teeth are yellowish regards.
My mother feels pain n burning in the gums, at night while sleeping the pus comes out. The mouth is always dry. What is the reason and cure. Is there any permanent cure or any home remedy? Please help.
My mouth is not opening wide because I had chewed gutukas earlier now I am not use it but still my mouth is not opening wide.
I has tooth grinding habit. How to stop that habit. And also tooth grinding habit causes any tooth failure in future or any problems?
Mere teeth yellow hai, mujhe whiteing ke liye kya krna chahiye, specially koi tooth past suggest kijiye ya fir kuch or krna chahiye.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.
The mere thought of biting into something crunchy brings a refreshing thought. However, realize that crunchy things are not always good for general health and oral health. While some crunchy foods can be very good for the teeth, others can do a great deal of harm.
Given that crunchy foods are something more popular with kids, they should be taught the good and bad about crunchy foods. That does not mean they are banned from eating any bad crunchy food. There are ways to reduce the effects of eating a bad crunchy food and the children should be taught those early on.
Let us look at the bad crunchy foods first. A packet of chips or crackers may sound extremely exciting for the kid, but they are very damaging to the teeth. Pieces of these stick to the teeth and in-between the teeth, thereby attracting germs and causing decay.
Candies are the next lot. They contain a great amount of sugar that does not leave the mouth after the candy is swallowed. The sugar stays long after the candy is out of the mouth and continues to cause damage.
In both these cases, the child should not be told not to eat. The trick is to teach them that while they can eat these, it should immediately be followed by a brushing session or a thorough rinse if brushing is not possible. Get them into the habit of a thorough rinse after each meal and no crunchy food can produce the same damage.
Good Crunchy Foods: The vegetables and fruits are undoubtedly the best crunchy foods to bite into. Not only are they good for overall health with their rich fiber content and vitamins, they also have a great benefit for the oral health. Any fruit from apple to a pear induces salivary glands and increases the cleansing effect of the saliva. The natural fibers also produce the same effect as does brushing for a couple of minutes. The teeth surfaces are freed of plaque and bacteria, thereby reducing the chances of tooth decay. Carrots and celery also contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy tooth structure. They also are rich in water and provide good amount of water for the body. Another good crunchy food is popcorn, which not just is light on the stomach, but also has a good amount of fiber.
The next time you need something crunchy to bite on, take a decision. What you might munch into can have a lot of effect both on your overall health and your teeth. Also, watch your children and teach them how to nullify the bad effects.