Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K R MadhavaYour feedback matters!
Sometime I have severe pain in my breast There may be 2 or 3 lump but I do not know what to do it? I discussed with one of the doctor he said that we have to take out that lump through h minor operation. I am not sure that operation will rectify this lump prblm for always. Please I want your advice help me.
New research on urinary and sexual outcomes could eventually help prostate cancer patients decide on their course of treatment.
“The ultimate goal is to develop a predictive tool that lets patients decide which treatment is right for them based on the symptoms they have beforehand, and their tolerance for any change – even temporary – in those symptoms,” said researcher Matthew Johnson, MD in a press release. Dr. Johnson is a resident physician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
Dr. Johnson and his colleagues presented their study findings in September at the American Society for Radiation Oncology’s 56th Annual Meeting.
Their data came from two study groups of men with prostate cancer who received one of four treatments: intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), low dose rate brachytherapy (LDR), post-prostatectomy IMRT (PPRT), or radical prostatectomy (RP).
Using questionnaires, the researchers assessed the men’s symptoms at baseline and after treatment.
One group of 3,515 men completed the American Urological Association Symptom Score, designed to evaluate urinary symptoms. Over 14,500 surveys were completed. Lower scores on this tool indicate better urinary function. This group was followed for a median of 28 months.
For patients who received IMRT, follow-up scores were slightly lower than baseline. PPRT patients had similar results. LDR patients tended to see an initial score increase when compared to IMRT patients, but fell back to comparable levels after 34 months. Men who underwent RP had lower scores at baseline and after treatment.
The Sexual Health Inventory for Men (SHIM) questionnaire was used to evaluate sexual symptoms in a group of 857 men who completed more than 2,600 surveys. Higher SHIM scores are associated with better sexual function. The median follow-up time was 18 months.
The scores of men who were treated with LDR and PPRT were not much different from those treated with IMRT. However, men who had had RP had the largest score decreases between baseline and follow-up.
These results could help clinicians counsel patients with prostate cancer, the authors noted. In this way, patients could have a better idea of what to expect in terms of urinary and sexual symptoms.
American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
Johnson, M.E., et al.
“A Comparison of Urinary and Sexual Function Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) Among Treatment Modalities for Prostate Cancer (PCa)”
(Abstract presented at ASTRO’s 56th Annual Meeting. September 16, 2014. Presentation #180)
Fox Chase Cancer Center
“Fox Chase Study Helps Identify When and How Much Various Prostate Cancer Treatments will Impact Urinary and Sexual Functioning”
(News release. September 16, 2014)
- See more at: http://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/prostate-cancer-treatments-and-urinary-sexual-functioning#sthash.Tym9DcEt.dpuf
Hi, I am 31 years old male and suffering from urinary tract problem for past one month. Doctor says it is chronic prostatitis. But I would like to share my history here. Before 2 years, I received unprotected oral sex from a massage therapist. Even 4 months back I received the same unprotected oral sex. No symptoms were shown all these days and I started having urinary problem since end of June and it is continuing till date. I am worried a lot that it could be chlamydia or gonorrhoea. I expressed my anxiety to the doctor, but he strongly opposed my thought that it cannot be. I have been tested for HIV, HBsAg, VDRL and everything turned out NEGATIVE. Do I still susceptible to chlamydia or gonorrhoea? I feel fluctuating burning sensation or pain around my genitals. All of the sudden it had stopped in the middle but again started. Apart from this, there are no other symptoms observed. No discharge or no rashes. Please let me know the chances of getting chlamydia or gonorrhoea through oral sex. What test should I take? Why the doctor was so strongly opposing my thought? He said that 3 months is a longer period for the symptoms to show up and therefore he asked me not to worry about it. But I am terribly worried as urinary problem still persists.
Do pcod patients will have cancer in future? One of my doctor friend told me this Nd now I'm scared cuz I have pcod and homeopathy treatment le rahi hu. please let me know. I was not taking pcod sersly. But now I'm like I'll do exercise and ol Thyroid bhi hai muje.
I am a 42 year old men. I have some pain in back side of neck and lightly pain in throat. I had checked ent specialist but there is no problem but I have doubt of cancer. So please advise me where I go and what tretment/test I do regarding this.
I am 53 years old operated for breast cancer on april 14th 2015 my eris negative mypr is negative my her is negative my score is 0 ans it is t2n0m0 mt tumor is 3.2*3.2*2.5cm and n-0/14 gradeiii (3+3+3=9) base not involved skin nipple arrola free from tumour. My hphigh grade partly necotric infiltrating duct carci right breast fully removed please suggest me next procedure I went for chemo they said no need for chemo and radiation please reply for the same why radiation and chemo not required.
How should a person get screening tests to detect all kinds/major kinds of cancer? I need to understand ways to prevent cancer from occurring. I have seen many people suffering from this disease and its very scary.
What are symptoms of cancer, what are precautions to be taken to control it and which necessary medicines to be preferred?
I went and had a Ultrasound, they said that I have CYST in both breast and that I have to go back in 6mth's and get them checked out. They said the name of the cyst I can not remember it. Is this calling for any CONCERN?
M suffering frm cancer. Is chemotherapy effective for cancer treatment. And what r d side effect of chemo. please help.
My cousin suffering oral cancer. It is 1 inch square, chemo applied 1 time. What should do for relief?
Hello Dr. Can my wife take cervical cancer vaccine during breastfeeding. My son is 10 months old now and she will turn 30 by next year. We heard that vaccine to b taken before 30 years. Pls recommend?
I am 28 years old women. Before 4 years I took a surgery for lump on my right breast. At the same time a tiny lumps on my left breast too. I took needle biopsy to the both breast at that time. The result is normal. The biopsy result of right breast is also normal. After 6 months of surgery I got married and delivers a child before our first anniversary. My left breast lump is become larger during this period. Am i suspect the left breast lump cancer. I am afraid to a medical examine. Please give me a clarification.
LATEST CANCER INFORMATION
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY ... Must Read and Share
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However, prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to STARVE the cancer cells by not feeding it with foods it needs to multiply.
What cancer cells feed on:
a. Sugar is a cancer feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Note: Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's amino or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk, cancer cells will starve.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones, and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruit help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance the growth of healthy cells.
To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water--best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines will become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor.
Anger, unforgiving and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.