Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K R MadhavaYour feedback matters!
Can coffee causes cancer. I often drink coffee during my exams more and some of friends said that drinking it more can cause cancer. Is it true?
I won to know about cancer please know me all detail because of I can helt anybody and can helt of cancer presents.
I am a 24 years old house wife. I have a 2 years old baby. I had lump on my both breasts 3 years back. And it was removed by a surgery. But now I feel lump on my left side. Without any surgery how can I remove it? Please suggest any medicine or any other treatment from allopathy/ homeo / ayurveda.
I have recently done a blood test and it shows tha t my PSA level is 5.130.Does this mean I have cancer. Two years back I have done the same test it had shown 4.36 and mg doctor had recommended me a biopsy which I had gone through and the result was negative. But why has my PSA level risen so much. My age is 54 .please help me out.
Hi, I am a married male aged 35 years. I have been treated with mouth cancer 2 years back with surgery and radiotherapy with concurrent chemotherapy. Last cycle was in August 2014. I have a problem now in which when my penis get erected then the skin gathers just below the top of my penis, like a ring of skin. Because of this I feel pain while having sex with my wife during inserting my penis into the vagina. I have observed this issue only for last 1 year or so. Can you please help me to know what is the problem and how can it be treated?
Found a bean shaped mass on the right side of the soft palate between two mucosal skins/linings. That mass is visible when I open my mouth wide open and use a flashlight. Also I feel something is always stuck in my throat. I do not know if that mass is a tonsil or anything else. google up the symptoms and as obvious it showed mouth cancer. Been greatly worried about this. There is no pain or anything. Just got out of a really long cough and cold phase which lasted a little over two weeks. With the above mentioned description please give me an idea of what could it be. Is it really cancer?
Hello, I am 40 yrs. Old female. I am suffering from breast cancer and have completed with my 2nd out of 8 chemotherapy cycle. I cannot eat or drink anything & feel like vomiting as soon as I eat something. Pls suggest me some food or liquid that feel cool and give me energy.
I am 39 year old male. I experience frequent urinary tract infections. Its very painful while urinating. My prostate weight is 18 gms.
Sir I have cyst in prostate. Doctor said there is no medicine for it. Is it dangerous. What are the remedies to cure it. I sometimes get pain in it. Is it cancerous.
My Bhabhi has been detected Malignancy , Ductal carcinoma at very early stage, what is this and its treatment best hospital and best doctor's to be consulted for it.
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growth. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the sun rays. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed, including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer:
- Fair complexion: Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
- Excessive sun exposure: Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
- High-altitude places: The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
- Moles: People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
- Precancerous skin lesions: Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
- Weak immune system: Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer.