Find numerous Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. JayanthiYour feedback matters!
Last sunday I went to water park, from then onwards my left hear is blocked till yet. I've tried everything to get rid of it, but still its clogged. I had medicine, consulted doctor, used ear drops, used hydrogen peroxide etc. But still suffering from it. Please provide some easy, valuable and immediate feedback.
I am 63 and suffering from vertigo since a year. Right now I am on Vertin 16 mg one in the morn and one at night. Its under control. I also have 2 drinks in the night around 100 ml whisky or Brandy. It helps in getting sound sleep. Is it safe?
There is a big pain in my throat and a little spicy food is making it more painful. What should I do?
My father is 84 years old and having multiple disease conditions: He suffers from severe anxiety. He gets tensed in very simple incidents of life and thinks a lot about all simple incidents which we in general do not give much attention to. He also suffers from hypertension. Severe hearing loss with damage of tympanic membrane and infection in one ear. Severe spondylitis with disc degeneration and nerve compression with back pain from the same. Painful leg due to sciatica. Blind from glaucoma in right eye and age related macular degeneration in the left eye. Tendency of prostate enlargement, and pain and burning with urination at least twice a year. He also suffers from GI ailments like gas, indigestion, and very soft stools every now and then. Due to his frail and weak physic, we mostly try to avoid any allopathy medications sans emergency situations. For a long period of time, he is taking essentia area once a day and viscum pentarkan once a day. For the last few weeks he is also taking alfalfa tonic. Presently, his blood pressure is mostly normal or very little above normal. I would like to know what should be my approach to his treatment? What medicine regimen should he follow? I would also like to know if there is any medications that can arrest the progression of age related macular degeneration. And if there is any medication to arrest his hearing loss. He seems to get disturbed mostly by the fact that he is gradually losing his vision and listening ability. Thanks
I have tonsils and it occurs after every 2 3 months. What medicine should I take and what precautions should I take to avoid it in future?
Daily morning when I get up, I start sneezing and mucous coming through my nose I don't know what to do? Please help me!
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.