Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Actually I want to grow my beard. When my beard grows, it becomes curly and how to get a volume or else density of beard?
A cut mark (stitches) over my face for two month ago an road accident. How to remove the cut mark over my face?
Hello I am a 16 year old boy my whole body skin is get darken .How can I get the fair skin of my whole body with a clear face.
I have very much dandruff, and problem in skull skin. Now a days, I have found that there are some white spots or may be nettle rash. What can I do now?
How to get fair and glow skin for oil skin and I am a civil engineer working in field I am getting black day by day suggest some stuff.
Recently I am concerned about my Violence. I am feeling fearful in darkness. Even in my room I can't stay alone. Every time I feel someone is behind me. Before 6 months it didn't happen. Now unusually my activity is going to be violent enough. Beaten my BoyFriend every time we met. I am extremely Jealous about other girls who talk to my boyfriend. I cannot forget past incidents. Constantly Brooding since 6 months. Please suggest me a way of cure.
I have many pimples on face since three months. How can I cure that. Kindly give me suggestion. If I use Ayurveda medicine how many days it will take? Next month I have my marriage.
Sir my hair is falling regularly what can I do to stop my hairfall sir please give me any idea to stop my hair fall ?
Sir, I have red rashes on my skin between the legs and it is too painful. It is from many days from a year and also spreading.
My colour is white when I was small but as I am growing I t is changing to black. Please suggest me with better soap or facial cream to get back my color.
I have some breathing problems while cold weather and have some infection in throat, I am taking care about but this situation on every 3 to 6 months. Also my tongue is very dry and seen some red marks, and some times pains in throat. I also take advice from ENT surgeon and they asked, it's due to allergy. I can't understand what should I do? Presently I haven't taken any medicine. Please advise. Thanks.
I'm 27 year old, my facial hair is not growing properly. I want to have a proper beard and mustache, please suggest the needful.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.