Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indu KalaYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to get pregnant with overweight? N I want to get pregnant as early as possible. What I will do for that?
I had sex on sept 10 I took ipill after 2 days and my last menstrual cycle is 28th aug. after taking ipill we had sex everyday but I did not took ipill. Is there any chance to get pregnant. Because still I did not had my period.
I am 4 days ahead of my periods. Last month the date was 27 th today is 31st. I did urine test it came out positive. Kindly prescribe the medicine because I am already blessed with two kids.
Hi sir i am 25 years old not married. My period is 16th of this month still it not came for that everything is paining and little body temperature also so please can you advice what it is.
Hi All, I want to know what the exact size is for baby when we complete 15 weeks pregnancy. Today I did sonography scanning. In that report my baby has 88.3mm so, I am thinking my baby growth is slow (less). Please suggest me. If bad. Doctor said no problem But I am getting scared Thanks, Madhav.
Pcos means doctor told to me I have pcos problem is there next week I have to check ovary but we are trying for 2nd baby please tell me how many months we have to wait for conceive?
Know how Knee and Back injuries can be treated
Factors that are making you prone to pcod! + how you can manage it
A problem of the body's endocrine system (a system of hormone producing glands), polycystic ovarian disease (or pcod) affects about 18% of indian women. Women in the age group of 15-30 years make up the majority of the victims of this disease. Although the root cause of this problem is still unknown, it can be a result of:
A family history of pcod can increase your risk of developing the endocrine disorder. Even a family history of obesity or diabetes can increase your prospect of developing pcod.
2. Low-grade inflammation
Inflammation occurs when the body's white blood cells (wbcs) produce substances to fight harmful matter that attack the body. A disruption of this natural response of the body can cause low-grade inflammation (a mild but sustained inflammatory response brought on by microbial bacteria called endotoxin). As a consequence, it causes the stimulation of polycystic ovaries to create more androgens (male sex hormones) than female sex hormones. This brings about the appearance of pcod symptoms such as ovulation problem, growth of excessive body and facial hair.
3. Excessive insulin production
Excessive insulin (a hormone produced by the pancreas) production occurs when the cells of the body become resistant to insulin. It causes an increase in the production of androgens, in turn affecting the ovaries' ability to release eggs during ovulation.
Although not a direct cause of the disorder, being obese can increase your chances of pcod significantly. The excess fat in the body can worsen your insulin resistance, and can consequently bring about an increase in the androgen levels, causing weight gain in the end.
5. Unhealthy eating habits
Irregular meal timings and poor eating habits (a diet rich in sugars and carbohydrates) can make you prone to obesity, a risk factor of pcod.
How to manage the problem of pcod?
Although the condition doesn't have a permanent cure, the symptoms can be easily managed by employing these ways:
- limit the intake of refined sugars and carbohydrates to counter the imbalance of insulin and glucose
- exercise for 30-60 minutes a day to boost metabolism for weight loss as well as control of insulin levels
- avoid coffee and other caffeine stimulants that may cause an increase in the production of insulin
- avoid dairy based products and red meat
- include lean meat in your diet
- avoid saturated fats (found in baked foods and lamb, cheese and other dairy products) to control your cholesterol levels
- consume foods that have a low glycaemic index (a scale for determining the effect of food on blood sugar level) such as brown rice, wheat pasta and wholegrain.
I was got pregnant in January of this year. And I was pregnant for 40 days but suddenly on 6th february I had menses. Now I want to pregnant again. I had menses in march also but 7 days late from usual date. It is possible for me to get pregnant again and what kind of precautions I have to taken to get pregnant. Kindly guide.
I am facing menopause, due to hot flashes the bleeding can not be paused for long period of time, how to release from it, please tell me some medication.
Hi i am suffering vaginal pains today os m second day of. Periods also paining in clitoris. What should i do to cure?
My partner was supposed to have her periods on 29th of December. We had sex a week before. I used condom and she took a pill too within 4 hours. Its 31st December, she is still not getting her periods. Is there any risk that I should worry about. Is there any chance of her getting pregnant? Should I buy her a prega news?
It is important that you understand and fulfil the needs of your partner and address issues that concern you both. Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
I am 39 years old lady. M suffering frm acute hair fall. Used so many shampoos but no result. And on my face I have seen few black spots and blackheads which r becoming more visible day by day. Pl tell me wt can I do to improve my skin and hair. M a, teacher. Pl help me.
If in case, any bleeding or secretions from vagina with different colour or smell, after long gap of Menopausal period, Then its ideal to consult any Gynaecologist for check up, to avoid Risk factors like Carcinoma, Tumors, etc.
In general, as usual, like for any other C/o, Following some extra precautions like taking Nutritious, Healthy diet,Avoiding spicy, unhealthy, junk food, Doing regular activities, exercises, Yoga, Pranayamas, If needed extra supplements like Calcium etc, getting engaged in some occupation, developing n implementing Hobbies n enjoying those, all will definitily help reducing the above mentioned risks.
Regular Check up also help as precautionary. But with the fear of Disease, n Death, taking Excessive medication for small issues also will do more harm than Good.
Homeopathy will do better Help in giving relief from all above mentioned c/os, related to menopause, if was given on the basis of symptoms similarity.
Because Homeopathy is a system which is based on the individual characteristics, personality,Mentality, their reaction/physically n mentally to various circumstances?That?s why,patient need to give all information abt their C/o,as well as their nature in general to get benefitted well by this System.
Here are few remedies I am mentioning which can be helpful in Menopausal syndrome[based on those particular indications]:-
Argentum Nitricum, Amyl nitrosum, Arsenic album, Belladonna, Lyco, Lachesis, Phosphorus, Calcarea,Kali carb,Aurum met, Nitric acid, Silicea, Staphysagria, Pulsatilla, Natrum mur, Sepia, Sulphur etc?.