Doctor in Dr. Indu Kala
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indu KalaYour feedback matters!
अर्जुन वृक्ष का नाम प्रमुख औषधीय वृक्षों में है. अमरूद की समान पत्तियों वाले लेकिन आकार में इससे बहुत बड़े अर्जुन वृक्ष का वैज्ञानिक नाम टर्मिमिनेलिया अर्जुना है. अलग-अलग क्षेत्रों में इसे धवल, कुकुभ और नाडिसार्ज जैसे नामों से भी जानते हैं. अर्जुन वृक्ष एक सदाबहार यानी हमेशा हरा-भरा आने वाला वृक्ष है. इसका इस्तेमाल ह्रदय रोग में प्राचीन काल से ही होता आ रहा है. अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल के चूर्ण, काढ़ा, अरिष्ट आदि के रूप में उपयोग किया जाता है. तो आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल के फायदे को जानें.
1. मुंह के छालों के उपचार में
मुंह के छालों से परेशान व्यक्ति भी अर्जुन की छाल का उपयोग कर सकता है. इसके लिए नारियल के तेल में अर्जुन की छाल का चूर्ण मिलाकर मुंह के छालों पर लगाने से आपकी परेशानी निश्चित रूप से कम होगी. यही नहीं ऐसे थोड़े गुड़ के साथ लेने से बुखार में भी आराम मिलता है.
2. खांसी में
सूखे हुए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का बारीक पाउडर, ताजे हरे अडूसे के पत्तों के रस में मिलाकर इसे फिर से सुखा लें. ऐसा इसी तरह से मिला-मिला कर सात बार के बाद जो चूर्ण बचता है. उसमें शहद मिलाकर खांसी पीड़ित को देने से वो राहत महसूस करता है.
3. मोटापा दूर करने में
मोटापे से परेशान लोग अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का काढ़ा सुबह शाम पीकर अपनी परेशानी कम कर सकते हैं. यह मोटापे को इतनी तेजी से कम करता है कि एक महीने में ही इसका असर दिखने लगता है.
4. शुगर में
शुगर के मरीज भी अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल से अपनी परेशानी खत्म कर सकते हैं. इसके लिए उन्हें अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का चूर्ण, देसी जामुन के बीजों के चूर्ण की समान मात्रा के साथ मिलाकर सोने से पहले गुनगुने पानी के साथ लें. दूसरा विकल्प है कि अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल, कदम की छाल, जामुन की छाल और अजवायन एक समान मात्रा, पीसकर बारीक पाउडर बना लें. इस पाउडर में आधा लीटर पानी मिलाकर काढ़ा बनाएं और इस काढ़े को सुबह शाम 3 सप्ताह तक लगातार प्रयोग करें. इससे मधुमेह में राहत मिलेगी.
5. पेशाब की रुकावट दूर करने में
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल से बना हुआ काढ़ा पीने से पेशाब की रुकावट दूर होती है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल को पीसकर दो कप पानी में उबालें जब जब पानी आधा रह जाए तो इसे ठंडा होने के बाद रोगी को पिलाएं. दिन में एक बार पिलाने से यह पेशाब की रुकावट को दूर कर देता है.
6. उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करने में
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल काफी लाभदायक साबित होती है. दरअसल इसकी छाल कोलेस्ट्रॉल को कम करके लिपिड ट्राइग्लिसराइड का स्तर भी घटाते हैं. इसके छाल का सेवन रक्त प्रवाह के अवरोध को भी दूर करता है. इसके लिए आपको एक चम्मच अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का पाउडर दो गिलास पानी में आधा रह जाने तक उबालकर इस पानी को सुबह-शाम पिएं. ऐसा करने से बंद हुई धमनियां खुल जाएंगी और कोलेस्ट्रॉल का स्तर भी कम हो जाएगा.
7. बालों के विकास के लिए
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का उपयोग हम बालों के विकास के लिए भी कर सकते हैं. सर के बाल में अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल और मेहंदी का मिश्रण लगाने से सर के बाल सफेद से काले होने लगते हैं. इससे बालों में मजबूती भी आती है.
8. त्वचा के लिए
त्वचा की कई समस्याओं को खत्म करने में अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल का असर प्रभावशाली होता है. अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल, बदाम, हल्दी और कपूर की एक समान मात्रा को पीस कर उबटन की तरह चेहरे पर लगाएं ऐसा करने से चेहरे के सारे रिंकल्स चले जाते हैं और चेहरे में निखार आता है.
9. सूजन को कम करने में
भी अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल की सकारात्मक भूमिका है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का महीन पिसा हुआ चूर्ण 5 से 10 ग्राम मात्रा में क्षीरपाक विधि से खिलाने से हृदय रोग के साथ-साथ इससे पैदा होने वाली सूजन में भी कमी आती है. इसके अलावा लगभग 1 से 3 ग्राम चूर्ण खिलाने से सूजन में कमी आती है. उससे संबंधित परेशानियां भी दूर होती हैं
10. ह्रदय से हृदय के विकारों में
ह्रदय से संबंधित तमाम विकारों जैसे की अनियमित धड़कन और सूजन आदि को दूर करने में भी अर्जुन वृक्ष का छाल सहायक होता है. यह स्ट्रोक के खतरे को भी कम करती है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल को जंगली प्याज की समान मात्रा के साथ मिलाकर चूर्ण बनाएं इस चूर्ण को रोजाना आधा चम्मच दूध के साथ हृदय रोगी को देने से हृदय की मांसपेशियों को मजबूती मिलती है. ये ब्लॉकेज में भी लाभदायक होता है. खाना खाने के बाद दो चम्मच लगभग 20 mm अर्जुनारिष्ट आधा कप पानी में मिलाकर दो 3 माह तक पीने से हृदय रोगियों को तमाम परेशानियों से मुक्ति मिलती है.
Infertility is a widespread problem. for about one in five infertile couples the problem lies solely in the male partner and in another quarter, both partners have problems. In most cases, there are no obious symptoms or signs of infertility. Intercourse, erection and ejaculation will usually happen without difficulty. The quantity and appearance of the ejaculated semen generally appears normal to the naked eye. Medical tests are needed to find out if a man is infertile. Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affact either sperm production or sperm transport. Through medical testing, the doctor may be able to find the cause of the problem.
Fibroadenomas are non-cancerous (benign) and harmless tumors which are made up of fibrous tissues of the breast. These are common in adolescent and young women. The incidence of fibroadenoma reduces with increasing age.
Signs and symptoms-
- Fibroadenomas are smooth, round and easily movable swellings. It is referred as ‘breast mouse’ or ‘floating tumor’ as it easily sleeps away from fingers. Size of the tumor may vary from one to five centimeters.
- It could be single or multiple. Generally, it is painless and may affect both breasts.
- Pain and tenderness (pain when touched) may be present especially before periods and subsides after periods. These cyclical changes are because of the hormonal changes. This is the reason why it is less common after menopause.
Causes of fibroadenoma-
The exact cause of fibroadenoma is unknown. It is because of the cyclical hormonal changes that take place in the body of women of childbearing age.
- Clinical history
- Physical examination
- Mammography – it is the process of using low amplitude x rays to examine breast.
- Biopsy – women in their teens do not need a biopsy if the lump dissolves on its own.
- Dangerous signs
- Sudden increase in size of tumor
- Pain in breast not affected by menstrual cycle
- Hard, immovable tumors
- Transformation of fibroadenoma into the cancerous tumor is very rare. Only 0.002-0.012% of the fibroadenoma convert into a cancerous growth.
Treatment conventional treatment
1) fibroadenoma can subside on its own.
Cryoablation (use of extreme cold to destroy tissue) is safe and effective and less invasive method of treatment for fibroadenoma.
Surgical removal may be required in case of large fibroadenoma.
Homeopathy is strongly suggested in the treatment of fibroadenoma. Homeopathy can be given as a baseline treatment in mild and moderate cases whereas it has a good supporting role in advanced cases of tissue changes. The results using homeopathy in the cases of fibroadenoma are very good.
Homeopathic medicines are prescribed after studying patient’s complete case history. It enhances the body’s self-healing mechanism (immunity) thus a further recurrence of fibroadenoma can be prevented.
For diagnosing the disease, unani physicians (commonly known as hakims) feel the rhythmic expansion of arteries (nubz) of the patient. Mainly there are four types of unani treatments available:
Ilaj bil tadbeer (regimental therapy): It is a detoxification method that improves constitution of body by removing waste materials. Regimental therapy also protects health and increases defence mechanism of the body. Important techniques in regimental therapy include massage (dalk, malish), Turkish bath (hammam), exercise (Riyazat), leeching (Taleeq-e-Alaq) and venesection (Fasd).
Ilaj bil Ghiza (dietotherapy): As the name suggests, dietotherapy involves regulation of quantity and quality of your diet. Unani physician may ask you to increase intake of specific food that is helpful to alleviate symptoms of the disease.
Ilaj bil dawa (Pharmacotherapy): Natural drugs from plant, minerals and animal drugs are used in unani system. Potency and temperament of drugs are important consideration in unani treatment. The drugs are supposed to act according to their temperament .i.e. hot, cold, moist and dry. Unani medicines are available in form of tablets, decoctions, infusion, Jawarish, Majoon, Khamira, Syrup and powder.
Jarahat (Surgery): Ancient physicians of unani system were considered to be pioneer in the field. However, at present only
Progesterone is a naturally occurring steroid hormone that is made from cholesterol consumed in your diet. Normal levels of progesterone help to maintain a healthy hormonal balance. Progesterone plays a key role in the production of other important chemicals the body needs, such as cortisol and male hormones like testosterone. Lower than normal levels of progesterone can contribute to problems with the menstrual cycle, maintaining pregnancy, and common symptoms associated with menopause. Low levels of progesterone can be effectively treated using available prescription products and lifestyle changes.
Using Progesterone to Support Pregnancy
Talk with your gynecologist about increasing progesterone. Women that have recurrent or unexplained miscarriages often respond to treatment with progesterone, and are able to maintain the next pregnancy.
Prevent early miscarriage. Progesterone deficiency is not the cause of every miscarriage, but scientific research indicates that adequate amounts of progesterone are needed to support the early stages of pregnancy.
• Progesterone levels naturally increase during each menstrual cycle once ovulation has occurred. This allows for the uterine wall to thicken to provide support for the pregnancy. This is called the luteal phase.
• Once the released egg has been fertilized, the lining of the uterus provides protection for the egg as it begins to develop. After the first few weeks, the placenta takes over, producing the additional hormones and nutrients needed.
• Some women have naturally lower levels of progesterone. Some studies suggest that low levels during the first few weeks of pregnancy can cause the uterine lining to be inadequate to support the pregnancy, causing the miscarriage. Evidence for this is limited, however.
• Inadequate levels of progesterone needed to support the early stage of pregnancy are sometimes referred to as a luteal phase defect.
Use progesterone vaginal inserts. Using progesterone vaginal inserts may help prevent early miscarriage, depending on the cause of the miscarriage.
• The scientific literature supports the use of vaginally applied progesterone, via inserts or suppositories, to help maintain the lining of the uterus to support the pregnancy.
• While other ways to administer progesterone are available, such as injections, oral dosing, and topical creams, for women with luteal phase defects and recurrent or unexplained miscarriages, this is the recommended method of delivery.
Supplement progesterone during assisted reproductive technology, or ART.ART helps to induce pregnancy by using procedures that remove the eggs from the woman, combine them with sperm in a laboratory setting, then return them to the woman’s body, or to another woman’s body.
• There are many methods that help couples to achieve pregnancy. ART is one only one method. Women that participate in ART require supplementation of hormones, like progesterone, to help their bodies create a healthy environment to maintain the pregnancy.
Use injectable or vaginally administered progesterone. Progesterone administered by either intramuscular injection or by vaginal products have been shown to be effective in establishing the initial higher levels of progesterone needed during ART.
• Injectable progesterone is sometimes used but carries additional risks for complications since progesterone is very rapidly absorbed and is quickly changed into other chemicals.
• By altering the delivery system of the injection, the active progesterone can remain in its desired chemical form as long as possible. This means altering the liquid, or vehicle, the active drug is placed in, by using oils, such as peanut oil. Do not use this form of progesterone if you are allergic to peanuts.
• Possible complications from progesterone injections include developing an allergy to the inactive ingredients, abscesses and pain at the site of injection, and unwanted bleeding into the muscle tissue.
I am facing yeast infection issue. Vagina is itching n burning becoz of white thick stuff is coming out. Please help.
We are living with a ticking time bomb as several bacteria are becoming resistant to major antibiotics, which means that soon a simple wound may kill us. All living beings have an inherent quality to adapt. Bacteria and Viruses are not excluded from this. They have developed resistance against many antibiotics and form a major challenge for medical science.
In 2008, the International Journal of Cancer published a paper showing an increased risk of cancer proportional to antibiotic use in people. They found that in people who have taken 2-5 prescriptions of antibiotics, their risk of cancer was increased by 27%, and greater than 6 prescriptions led to an increased risk of 37%. An earlier study (2004) showed that antibiotic use was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. For those taking antibiotics for more than 500 cumulative days, the risk of breast cancer doubled.
Over 100 leading integrative medicine specialists in the U.S. urgently called for a new strategy to confront the very dangerous challenges of the post-antibiotic era... including adding homeopathy as an adjunct therapy.
The Father of Immunology and winner of the Nobel Prize in medicine: Dr. Emil Adolf von Behring - discovered in the 1890s, during extensive experimentation, that homeopathic remedies produced enhanced immunogenic activity. Homeopathy is extremely safe, holistic and very effective.
Their conclusions: Patient survival was statistically significantly higher in the homeopathy group than in the placebo group.
As current research and epidemiological evidence show: Though homeopathy is not a money maker for the pharmaceutical industry, it is a safe and effective treatment option for infectious diseases, with no potential to create drug-resistant germs. In a nutshell, Homeopathy is needed to save humanity. Homeopathy is gentle and cost effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Traditional open surgery requires an 8-10 cm incision to expose the surgical area of the abdomen which needs to be operated. This large incision is a major post-operative side-effect which results in longer recovery period.
The alternative technique, laparoscopy also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5–1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation. One or more such holes on the abdominal wall serve as passageways for a specialised instrument called a laparoscope. A long, thin tube headed by a high-resolution camera and a high-intensity guiding light is inserted through the incision. As the instrument moves along, the camera transmits images to a video monitor enabling your surgeon to see inside without opening up your body for surgery.
This process is used to diagnose unidentified abdominal or pelvic pain. Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is usually performed when all non-invasive alternatives have been tried. Imaging techniques like ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are sometimes unable to provide enough data for diagnosis.
Laparoscopic surgery is used for the removals of an inflamed appendix, gall bladder, hernias, and cancer-affected organs, fibroids from the uterus, the womb (hysterectomy) and also for performing weight-loss surgeries.
Laparoscopy has a lot of advantages over the more common, open procedure. They are:
1. Less post-operative pain
2. Smaller scars
3. Reduced haemorrhaging and blood loss
4. Shorter recovery period
5. Less pain medications and analgesia requirements
6. Reduced exposure to internal organs
7. Faster return to normal activity
8. Reduced risk of infection
Laparoscopy is a proven safer choice with a fast-healing process side-stepping conventional surgery!
PGS or Pre-implantation Genetic Screening is a test conducted to decipher the chromosome count of the embryo. Today, if you are planning to get pregnant or using alternative technologies for pregnancy; there are several tests that need to be conducted so that the child is born healthy and stable.
One such test is the PGS, it determines whether or not the count of chromosomes is normal, which is forty six, is present in the embryo. If there are abnormal numbers of chromosomes present in the embryo then it might lead to additional problems in the future. In such cases, special treatments and procedures are conducted.
There are several advantages of PGS. Some of them are highlighted in details below.
- Healthy pregnancy: Interestingly, a man can produce sperms throughout his lifetime. But a woman is born with the eggs already created. The chances of producing a healthy baby with those eggs decrease as the age of the woman increases. It is seen that those women who think of delivering a child in their older ages are often found with chromosome deficiencies in the embryo. Thus, to avoid such a situation, it is best to perform PGS.
- Reduces the chance of miscarriage: Pregnancies which occur without having performed any prior tests like the PGS have high chances of resulting into a miscarriage at the slightest of carelessness. But research has found that those pregnancies which take place after considering the chromosomal health of the embryo have reduced the risk of being abnormally terminated.
- Time reduction between two IVF Circles: For those who do not know IVF stands for In-Vitro Fertilisation. It is a process which aids a woman in becoming pregnant. It is often opted by those who are having issues in naturally conceiving a child. PGS here plays an important role. If the test detects abnormal embryo, then the next IVF circle can be started right away without wasting any time. But if the PGS detects a normal embryo then the IVF circle is deemed to be successful and the woman can continue with the pregnancy.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening. This helps to determine whether the embryo is of the desired choice or not and whether the baby born out of it would be healthy and normal. It is one of the tests which need to be conducted preceding implantation to provide better results after the implantation process is carried out.
Parents need to do everything possible to ensure their kids are in good health and shielded from preventable diseases. Vaccination is an ideal approach for the same. Vaccination shields children from serious sickness and the complications of diseases that can be prevented by vaccination. This can include removal of an arm or leg, loss of motion of limbs, hearing loss, paralysis, brain damage and even death. Vaccination is very safe and is always successful. All the vaccines go through a long and cautious survey by researchers, specialists, and the government to ensure they are safe to use.
Here are a few reasons as to why vaccination is very important:
- It will keep you healthy: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prescribes vaccination for the duration of your life to protect you against numerous infections and diseases. When you skip vaccination, you expose yourself and make yourself helpless against sicknesses, for example, chicken pox, pneumonia, flu and HPV and hepatitis B, both being the leading causes of cancer.
- Preventing the ones around you from getting ill: A vaccine preventable disease that may make you sick for a week or two could prove to be deadly for your children, grandchildren, or parents in case it spreads to them. When you get vaccinated, you are preventing this. For instance, grown-ups are the most widely recognised sources of pertussis (whooping cough) disease in newborn children, which can be fatal for babies.
- Some diseases have expensive treatments: A normal flu sickness can last up to fifteen days, regularly with five or six missed workdays. Grown-ups and adults who get hepatitis can lose at least one month of work and can get chronically ill in some cases. This can hinder your work which in turn can burn a hole in your pocket. Some of these vaccine-preventable diseases are very expensive to treat.
- Young and healthy people get ill too: Newborn children and the elderly are at a more serious danger for dangerous infections and diseases, however, vaccine-preventable diseases can strike anybody. In case you are young and healthy, getting vaccinated can help you remain as such.
- Vaccines are important to overall health besides a good diet: Like eating solid foods, working out, and getting regular check-ups, vaccination assumes a crucial part in keeping you sound and healthy. Antibodies are a standout amongst the most advantageous and most secure preventive measures available.
- They protect the future generations: Vaccines have decreased and, now and again, eliminated a number of diseases that were responsible for seriously handicapping a large number of people until a couple of years back. For instance, smallpox or chicken pox vaccines have been responsible for decreasing the infection around the world. This is the reason why your children do not require the smallpox shots anymore because the infection does not exist on the ground and has been completely eliminated.