Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indira Rao
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indira RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 32 weeks pregnant. I did my growth scan and doctor told me that baby's growth is normal and umbilical cord around fetal neck. Can I have chance to normal delivery? Now my baby weight is 2125 gms. Suggest me how much weight can a baby have in delivery?
My wife is having regular delay in periods. She usually get cycles in 45 days and many times in 60 days. Whether we need to consult the doctor.
Many back exercises can help strength the spinal column and the supporting muscle ligament's and tendons. Most of these back exercise focus not only on the back but also the abdominal muscle and gluteus hip muscles.they provided strong support for the spine, keeping it in alignment and facilitating movement.
strengthening exercise is important to rehabilitation success The most successful rehabilitation programs understand movement and function require strength.Strength exercise using resistance machine during rehabilitation is helpful because activity level can be accurate measured.
Spine extension exercise are back strength exercise that are very important in counter balancing the many forward bending exercise it can use to strengthen for back muscle, prevent back pain, and promote muscular development front to back .
1-Lie on your stomach with your legs together. Arms along your sides.
2-Lift your abdominal muscle away from the mat.
3-Exhale: Keep your abdominal muscles pulled in extend energy through your spine and out the top of your head to lift your upper body slightly off the mat.
4-Your shoulder blade will slide down your back as your arms reach behind you like they are being blown back. Your head is an extension of your spine. Your gaze will be down .
5- Inhale:Pause Exhale : lengthen and lower Your body to the floor.
Daily habits have the power to leave you limp during or after intercourse. These habits can result in low libido and low desire to engage in intercourse with your partner. However, once you identify them, it is easier to rectify them.
Here are a few daily things which might leave you limp:
- Not nourishing your libido enough: One major reason of a depreciating sex drive can be attributed to low libido, which can be an outcome of poor dietary choices. Add more aphrodisiacs to your diet such as oysters, dark chocolates, bananas, strawberries and yogurt which are rich in zinc, magnesium and other minerals which help in increasing your sex drive.
- Over-masturbation: Engaging in self-stimulation too many times a day can result in fatigue and other health problems. The acceptable number of times a person should masturbate in a day is 2-3 times, however, if you engage in masturbation more than that, you can experience problems like a limp, flaccid penis and reduced sexual drive.
- Increase in insulin levels: Consuming too much sugar during the day can result in spiked insulin (blood sugar levels) in your body. This ends up making you feel more lethargic. It was recently discovered that in men, insulin raises ‘oestrogen’, leading to low libido and in graver cases, erectile dysfunction. Another study linked excess glucose or blood sugar with a dip in the levels of testosterone, thus, leaving you limp before/after intercourse.
- Stress: Though some amount of stress is considered normal, when the levels of distress go sky-rocketing, it might leave you limp as if affects your sexual performance. Instead of relieving stress, sex ends up feeling more like a liability which can result in you having problems getting an erection or getting an orgasm. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My marriage is going to be one year. First six month we did protected sex because we didn't plan. Afterwards wife took dry fruits and I use mustard oil as lubricant. Someone said. It effect sperm badly and create problem for conceptiin. Please suggest we ve to go for chkup. May be infectiin ll hapen due to lubricant. Now we r planning for baby. Please suggest which help us.
Change of voice suggests vocal cord inflammation, hence any long standing change in voice should be reported to your family doctor.
I m 27 yr female with low ferrittin level. Taking daily iron tab (RB TONE. But not hvng any benefit. Any suggestions? TSH, USG NORMAL.
My wife blood group is O negative and my blood group is A positive what effect on my first child if any effect please advise me. My wife is pregnant at 9 weak.
What to be done for having sex with wife but not to get pregnant for period of 3 to 4 years Ie planning for next child.
The term short stature describes the height of the person that is significantly below the average height for a person's age, sex, racial group, or family. Growth failure is often confused with short stature. Growth failure that occurs over time eventually results in short stature. By definition, growth failure is a medical condition. However, short stature is often a normal variant.
Short stature may or may not be a sign or symptom caused by a medical condition. Your child's growth must be assessed over a period of time and not just at a single point. Any departure from a prior growth pattern, appropriate for the child's genetic background may signal the appearance of a disease.
Short parents tend to have short children. Children with a family backgroud of short stature does not have any symptoms related to diseases that affect growth. Children with constitutional growth delay do not have any diseases. These children enter puberty later than their peers. However, because they continue to grow for a longer period of time, they catch up to their peers as they reach their adult height, which is normal and comparable to their parents.
Some symptoms may signal a medical condition causing short stature. The following symptoms should be further investigated by your doctor:
- Child has stopped growing or is growing slower than expected (less than 4 cm, or 2 in, each year in the pre-pubertal child of elementary school age)
- Weight loss or gain (more than 5 lbs in a month)
- Poor nutrition/loss of appetite
- Delayed puberty (absent breast development by age 14 or absent menstrual spotting by age 15 for a girl or absent enlargement of the testes by age 14 for a boy); note that the presence or absence of pubic hair is not a reliable sign of pubertal development
What Causes Short Stature?
The three major reasons for short stature are constitutional growth delay, genetics and disease.
Constitutional Growth Delay: Some children simply develop later than others. These children are often referred to as 'late bloomers'. These kids are small for their age and often enter puberty later. However, they'll continue to grow after their friends have stopped. They usually catch up by adulthood.
Genetics: If one or both parents are short, there's a strong possibility that their child will also be short. If there are no underlying medical reasons why either parent is short, their child's short stature may be perfectly healthy.
Disease: A number of diseases may cause unusually short stature. These diseases fall into several categories:
- Endocrine diseases affect hormone production and often height. These include growth hormone deficiency (GHD), hypothyroidism, or low thyroid hormone levels, and Cushing's disease.
- Chronic diseases can also decrease height through their effects on overall health. Examples of chronic disease are heart disease, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, kidney problems, sickle cell anemia, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Genetic conditions that affect height include Down syndrome, Turner syndrome, and Williams syndrome.
- Bone and skeletal diseases, such as rickets or achondroplasia, may change stature through their effects on bone growth.
I have stretch marks around shoulders & near stomach. It is increasing as per my observations. I want to stop this & want to remove stretch marks. Please tell me how & time period for that.
I noticed blood stains in my 2 month old daughter's nappy. It seems the blood comes with urine and it only happens like once or twice in a week or so. Doc suggested to get urine test routine and culture, both are clear. What can be the cause?
Are the foods marketed actually sugar free? Does no added sugar mean that it is zero calorie? Have you ever thought if some ingredient is missing, some component needs to be substituted in its place? These are some of the few questions that needs to be answered before you jump onto buy the sugarless stuffs.
- Check for the ingredients added in the foodstuff like sucralose, high fructose corn syrup,molasses etc. These are the other names given to sugar to misguide the customer.
- Watch out if the base raw material itself is high in sugar like refined flour/maida, dryfruits like figs/anjeer, dates. Though dry fruits are definetely a better substitute to sugars, but cannot be categorised as sugarless.
- Check for the addition of fats and oils like refined fat/ hydrogenated fat. Though this may not affect the sugars immediately but definetely harmful if you have high cholesterol levels.
So, next time just donot bounce on the sugarless foods but do a mindful eating with regards to how much you are eating.
Hello, mujhe ek jankari dijiyeto ladkiyo ka mc hone ka bad kitne din ke bad sex karne se pregnant nhi hote bethega or kitne din ke undar karne se pregnancy nahi hoti.
Hormones are important messengers that play a pivotal role in the proper functioning of your body. Any imbalance in the hormonal level can throw life in jeopardy. Hormonal imbalance can affect a person physically, mentally as well as emotionally. In the present competitive world, with so much stress and anxiety, hormonal imbalance is on the rise. It can affect both men and women.
Factors responsible for hormonal imbalance in men and women
Many factors, either individually or collectively can affect and disrupt the hormonal balance in a person. The most common factors triggering a hormonal imbalance include
- Physical, mental and emotional stress.
- Menopause (in women) and Andropause (in men).
- Drugs and alcohol abuse.
- Unhealthy eating habits, leading to inflammation.
- Lack of any physical activity.
- Obesity, Type-2 Diabetes.
- The Endocrine gland does not function properly (due to an injury or an infection or old age). Hormonal imbalance may be age related. Certain chemicals (Diethylstilbestrol, DDT, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Dioxin) also have the potential to disrupt the Endocrine function.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance:
Some of the characteristic symptoms of hormonal imbalance include
- A sudden change in body weight (weight gain or weight loss).
- Anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Hair loss followed by thinning of hair.
- Irregular menses.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- The appetite undergoes a change.
- A person may face digestive problems.
- Insomnia and extreme fatigue.
- Decreased libido.
Doctors may adopt any of the following treatments for hormonal imbalance
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): This treatment helps women to deal with menopause better. During and after menopause, the levels of estrogen and progesterone, particularly, go for a toss. This therapy aims at maintaining the hormonal balance by replacing the hormones your body either fails to produce or synthesizes in very little quantity.
- Following a healthy lifestyle go a long way in improving the hormonal imbalance.
- Exercise regularly. Meditation, breathing exercise, cycling, morning and evening walks are great stress busters.
- Follow a healthy sleeping routine.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Refrain from smoking.
- Avoid taking birth control pills.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Include avocados, egg yolk, gelatin, carrots, coconut oil into your diet.
- People with hormonal imbalance can benefit from Omega-3 fatty. Walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, olive oil are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ayurveda and herbal medicines have helped many people with hormonal imbalance.
- Some medications may help to improve hormonal imbalance (strictly on doctor recommendation).
- In extreme cases, surgery may be recommended.
Health risks associated with hormonal imbalance:
Hormonal imbalance can have adverse effect on the health resulting in
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): PCOS is characterized by irregular menses, infertility, hirsutism, hair fall, acne and weight gain. Women of reproductive age are mainly affected by PCOS.
- Low libido, tiredness, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, mood swings, and irritability (due to low level of testosterone hormone)
- Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism and Grave's disease).
- Hormonal imbalance may also cause Diabetes and Adrenal failure.
- Irregular periods, mood swings, infertility, decreased sexual desire (low levels of estrogen hormone).
My girlfriend telling she had breast pain from till night and if he puss them then they are paining. And they also get so hard what she do? . Please help
Avocados may be fatty, but that doesn't mean they are bad for your health.
In fact, this fruit is a nutritional powerhouse providing numerous potential health benefits. Its creamy texture and rich taste make it a common ingredient in many dishes. It is most well known for being a key ingredient in the Mexican dip 'guacamole'. Because of its high fat content, avocado is also used as a meat substitute in sandwiches and salads. But what makes this fruit so good for you? it is an excellent source of potassium, containing more per weight than bananas. In addition, avocados are rich in vitamin k, vitamin b, vitamin c and vitamin e. They are rich in phytochemicals, which have been reported to help prevent the development of certain cancers. Fats account for around three-quarters of the calorie count of an avocado. Most of it are monounsaturated fat, in the form of oleic acid. Monounsaturated fat is considered to be a 'good fat' which reduces levels of bad cholesterol in your blood and lowers the risk of stroke and heart disease. Keeping cholesterol levels in check is vital for diabetics as they have a much higher risk of cardiovascular disease. The high levels of potassium in avocados is another important nutritional factor for diabetics due to its role in maintaining a healthy heart and regulating blood sugar. Having monounsaturated fats in a diabetic diet is also beneficial for reducing high triglyceride levels and thus improves insulin function and blood glucose levels. All in all, avocado is a very healthy food for those living with diabetes and for people who wish to lower their risk of developing the disease.'
Dear Sir/Mam, My question is related to my family problem which I am facing now, Actually I have lovely baby girl of 8 months and my wife is pregnant of 2 months. But we both r not ready to born a child again due to min gap of 1st child age that's y I am going to operate DNC of my wife. Will you pls advise it is safe or not?
An overloaded backpack or wearing one improperly can lead to a poor posture, stress on the soft tissue in the neck and the back, and unnecessary strain on muscles and joints.