Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indira MenonYour feedback matters!
Many people are curious to know if they have diabetes. It is natural to worry especially if there are changes in their health.
Usually diabetes presents with increased thirst, increased urination, tiredness, weight loss, increased appetite. If you have any of these symptoms you should have your blood sugar levels tested. There are 3 tests which need to be done. One is fasting sugars, two is post prandial sugars and three is HBA1c. These 3 tests if on the higher side will indicate diabetes. The third test of HBA1c will indicate the duration of increased blood sugars in the previous months. A consultation post these 3 tests will enable your doctor to guide you on the further mode of treatment.
The management of diabtes in basicially through drugs, insulin, exercise and diet modifications. If you have further doubts you should consult on further management.
Vgm sir. Mere haath, per ,aankh me kareeb 4 mahine se ruk ruk fdakan ho rhi h. Dr. udainiya ji ka treatment le rhi hu. Ncv, thyroid, calcium, intact PTH, or sabhi blood test kra chuki hu. Abhi. Saare test normal hain, Abhi eptoin50 mg morning, b-ft c-d cap. Afternoon or eptoin 100 mg raat me le rhi hu. Lekin koyi bhi relief nhi h. Mujhe d3 ki high risk level deficiency h. Problem ka cause or solution samajh me nhi aa rha h. please help me. Thanks.
Peyronie's disease is a problem predominantly found in 3-9% of adult men, especially after 40 years of age. In the disease, a scar tissue is formed in the outer layer of the penis called Tunica Albuginea. Scar tissue is a just plaque inside the penis.
Peyronie's disease causes the penis to bend sideways or upwards and can make sex become difficult due to deformity and erection may be a painful process. It is usually associated with erectile dysfunction, severe anxiety and reduced testosterone levels. It is worth noting that there are treatments for Peyronie's disease, however, the pain often goes away on its own, generally, in 6-18 months of onset, but the deformity stays.
Here is everything you need to know about this disease:
It is not known exactly what causes Peyronie's disease, however, there are some factors, which make it more likely than others. Here are those factors:
- Trauma: This is the most common factor which causes Peyronie's disease. It is believed that when someone suffers from tiny bleeding of the penis, which is very common in patients of Diabetes, the plaque starts to build up. The injury or trauma, which causes the bleeding may go unnoticed as well.
- Genes: Genes are also a possible cause of Peyronie's disease.
The symptoms of Peyronie's disease vary, such as:
- Pain on erection: There is usually pain in erection during the initial phase.
- Bent penis: When the penis becomes hard before sex, it may bend downwards or sideways by more than 15 degree, so the vaginal entry becomes impossible or is painful for the partner.
- Scars: Tissue may form on other parts of the body, as well including the hand and feet. In fact, it has been said that men who have scarring in the hand, which affect the fingers are more likely to contract the disease as well.
One may see extensive scarring in hands in a disease called Dupuytren's Contracture.
- Wait & watch: It is worth noting the acute phase with pain is treated by wait and watch, controlling contributory factors like diabetes, low testosterone and psychogenic factors. Antioxidants are useful. Large number of cases are relieved of the pain in 1 to 1.5 years.
- Intralesional injection: If the bend is significant enough to interfere in sexual functioning, It can be treated by injecting medicines in the plaque. The medicine, Xiaflex is currently not available in India and other medicines given are not very effective.
- Surgery: This is a last option when Peyronie's disease has not gone on it's own and medicines are not helping either. The two most common procedures performed are removing the plaque and putting a tissue graft in its place and also removing the tissue opposite the plaque to counter the bending effect. The results are fairly good.
Going for a Penile implant is the last option, which is a permanent solution and is commonly done in India. And, the success rate for Penile implant is also very high. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.