Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hirennappa B UdnurYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old female i went to infertility hospital told conceive Dr. Advanced me this tablets evadiol, irolet, meprate, dospec-sl ,by taking this I have difficult in breathing which tablet should I stop for this problem pl. Tell me.
Hi, my grandmother these days have too much problem of cough, bp high, sugar what can we do please help me.
I have smoked enough cigarettes and now dealing with cough problem. Necessary precautions to remove this.
I am 24 years old I have been suffering from asthma from my childhood, how can I cure or prevent it?
What are the symptoms of lungs cancer I am using cigarette more than 5 years so this time I felt some problems like chest pain and through problems so I need a suggestion and how to reduce this or how to solve.
I'm 32 years old adult. I had sinus earlier and I was also allergic to allergens and dust particles, but that has been cured almost 5 years back. But, from last week I'm getting cold and sneezing very frequently. I'm having a feeling that Is my Sinus back? What should I do?
I m suffering from tonsil please suggest right and quick relief medicine & please give me medicine low power.
I'm kidney failure patient from 2 year. Now I'm Dialysis regularly. But every night I'm suffering from cough in chest. And I'm getting too much pain. Please advise.
I am worried about that I may have any heart issues . I don't have irregular heart beat neither do I have any other signs eg vomiting chest discomfort or any sweae pain in any part . But sometimes I became very restless and feel very little pain in my arm like it had happen once or twice for 2 sec only . Recently my grandmother died because of heart attack she had sugar .I don't know but I had a feeling that I had same disease too . please help mei is it just a psychological prob or really an issue?
I have cough from 3 days and also headache is this the symptom of swine flu. If these are the symptom of swine flu what should I do.
I have chronic dry cough more at night. Taking thyronorm 50mg. High b p patient taking caesar h please help. Tried many doctors.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.