Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HemalathaYour feedback matters!
I was with a guy and the condom was left inside and I didn't release until later. There's no contraception pills available in Poland without prescription and tomorrow's Sunday so I can't get any. How to make sure I don't get pregnant?
I am 29 years old unmarried female. During sex with my partner I observe white liquid coming from my one of the breast. It was thin, white colored and around 3-4 drops. I checked my pregnancy but I m not pregnant.
I am suffering from stomach problem, constipation, white periods, weakness. please help me to get rid of all these problems.
1. Get a goodnight's sleep -" poor sleep takes a toll on everything, from your job performance to your daily chores, and especially your memory, says Dr. Adarsh kumar, internal medicine, national heart institute. Sleep is a key time for the brain to solidify the connections between neurons, thus helping us remember more of our tasks. Rule of thumb: get 7-8 hours of sleep everyday. And yes, naps count. Experts are of the opinion that if you do only one thing to improve your memory, getting more sleep should be it. If you have trouble sleeping fast, drink a warm cup of milk a half hour before hitting the sheets. Yes, this age-old remedy actually works. Now stop staring at the ceiling, and slip into slumber.
2. Jog your memory - literally. Exercise increases your heart rate which gets blood flowing to your brain, thus keeping your memory sharp. Running, swimming, biking - any form of exercise - for at least 30 minutes helps enlarge the hippocampus, which is regarded as the'memory center of the brain. In fact, physical activities that require hand-eye coordination or complex motor skills are particularly beneficial for brain building. If you don't have time for a full workout, squeeze in a 10-minute walk around the block in your schedule or a few jumping jacks. It's enough to reboot your brain.
3. Quit multitasking - can't find your keys? it's probably because you weren't paying attention when you put them down. When you're juggling too many things, you're bound to forget. As it turns out, the brain doesn't actually multitask. Instead, it switches focus from one thing to the other, which is why it is difficult to read a book and hold a conversation at the same time. Multitasking will slow you down, so make it a point to concentrate on the task at hand. It's crucial. Studies suggest to say it out loud" I left my keys on the dresser, etc. So the brain can process it. Your brain actually need about eight seconds to commit a piece of information to your memory, so if you're talking on the phone and carrying groceries when you put down your car keys, you're unlikely to remember where you left them.
4. Go back to your roots - ashwagandha, a go-to choice in ayurvedic medicine, is known for promoting memory since it helps prevent nerve cell damage. Dr. Ashutosh gautam, clinical operations and coordination manager at baidyanath says" ashwagandha can be taken in the form of powder or tablet. It also improves the brain's memory functions like attention and concentration, hence helping with the symptoms of parkinson's, alzheimer's and other neuro degenerative diseases. Fish oil, has also been associated with encouraging the growth of neurons and lowering the risk of dementia. Fish oil contains dha, an omega-3 fatty acid which helps improve your memory power.
5. Use mnemonic devices - mnemonic devices are tools which help you memorize in an easier format - words, lists, concepts.
Acronyms: they are basically abbreviations used a word to help you jog your memory. For example: cart can be carrots, apples, raspberries and tomatoes, which can be used to remember your grocery list.
Rhymes: if you need to remember a name, get creative" mary loves cherry" or" simon is a fireman.
Acrostics: these are life savers during exams, especially. Whenever you need to mug up a sentence, combine the initial letters and use as a memory cue. For example: how we all remembered the 9 planets during childhood" my very educated mother just showed us nine planets.
6. Get organized - if your house is in a mess, you're more likely to forget things. Jot down tasks, declutter your home and note down appointments. Set aside a particular place at home to keep your keys, and limit distractions. Live by to-do lists, keep them upto date and check off the items you've completed. Physically writing down new information actually helps reinforce it.
7. Meditation is key - according to a 2015 study from the ucla brain mapping center, the brain starts to decline in your 20s and continues to decrease both in size and volume. Meditating regularly delays cognitive decline and prevents neurodegenerative diseases like dementia, alzheimer's and parkinson's. Meditation produces a positive charge in the brain's gray matter overtime, which is important for memory, learning and self-awareness. In addition, meditation has been shown to reduce stress, which can do a number on memory.
8. Stay mentally active - note: crossword puzzles and sudoku are your new best friend. Challenge your brain, take a different route to work, learn a new language, read a section of the newspaper you usually skip, do things out of the ordinary. Stay engaged, because mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain in shape - and might even keep memory loss at bay. People who are cognitively active have better memory as they age, it's true. So quiz yourself, flex your brain and improve your memory power.
9. Balance your stress - chronic stress and depression, both contribute to memory loss and the destruction of brain cells. One of the best things you can do is to laugh. Yes, it's that simple. Laughter engaged multiple regions of the brain and simultaneously reduces stress. Social interaction also helps ward off depression and stress, so look for opportunities to get together with family, loved ones, friends and work colleagues. When you're invited to share a meal or attend an event, go!
10. Food for thought - did you know that the brain is an energy hungry organ? despite comprising only 2% of the body's weight, the brain gobbles up more than 20% of daily energy intake. So a healthy diet might be as good for your brain as it is for your overall health, and eating right may in fact be more important than you think. After all, you are what you eat. The brain demands a constant supply of glucose which is obtained from recently eaten carbohydrates like whole grains, fruits and greens. Because when the glucose level drops, it results in confused thinking. No, this does not give you the license to slurp on sugary drinks. Instead eat throughout the day to optimize brain power- not too much, not too little. Memory superfoods include antioxidant-rich, colorful fruits, green leafy vegetables and whole grains which protect your brain from harmful free radicals. Choose low-fat protein sources such as fish and drink at least 8 glasses of water daily since dehydration can lead to memory loss and confusion.
Vitamin c and b: vitamin c, found in citrus fruits, is associated with mental agility, whereas vitamin b is known to guard against age-related brain shrinkage and cognitive impairment. Load up on blackcurrants, fish, green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, peanuts, sesame seeds and eggs to rev up your brain power.
Nuts and seeds: a handful of seeds and nuts may help improve your memory power significantly. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc that play a great role in sharpening your memory. Brain-shaped walnuts are a good source of omega-3 and other essential nutrients crucial for brain functioning and memory skills. Sunflower seeds are good sources of vitamin e, just sprinkle them on top of your salad to give your brain a boost. Even peanuts are packed with vitamin e, a potent antioxidant. Almonds and hazelnuts also help boost memory.
Berries: blueberries are the top source of substances called anthocyanins which are brain-boosting antioxidants. Eating blueberries daily can help combat against the onset of short term memory loss. Even strawberries, when consumed regularly can help delay age-related memory decline.
Green vegetables: broccoli, kale, collard greens, spinach - all green vegetables are full of iron, vitamin e, k and b9 (folate), and phytonutrients like vitamin c which are extremely important for brain cell development. Vitamin k is known to be helpful in cognitive enhancement and increasing mental alertness.
Avocados: enriched with vitamin e, avocados are loaded with antioxidants which help in keeping the brain healthy and alert. Creamy avocados are also associated with lowering the risk of alzheimer's.
Tomatoes: tomatoes are a good source of lycopene which acts against brain cell degeneration and aids in the maintenance and production of new brain cells.
Whole grains: whole grains are considered to be the powerhouse of energy and help you focus better. On consuming fiber-rich whole grains, energy is released in the body in the form of sugar which assists the brain in functioning properly, keeping us alert.
Fish: omega-3 fatty acids as well as dha and epa are essential for healthy brain functioning as well as for healthy brain neurons. Include salmon, mackerel, tuna and other fish in your diet. Vegetarian? you can substitute with soybean oil and flaxseed oil.
Red wine: resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant, predominantly present in red wine protects against cell damage and alzheimer's disease. So, consuming a glass of red wine a day may actually keep memory loss at bay.
We are planning for baby nd last period was on 18 aug 2016, on 1st sept ovulation occurred which was confirmed through scan. Til now they were no periods, Tested for pregnancy results were negative Consulted doctor abdominal scan done stil negative. Due to pcod going through infertility treatment frm last 1 nd half year, but frm 9 months periods are regular nd the cycle is of 30 days What might be the reason for delay Is there chances of pregnancy kindly suggest.
Sir, I had sex with my bf on my 24th period day. Also I think his seamen didn't entered inside my vagina. After that I took unwanted 72 after 42 hours. But now my period is delaying more than 2 days. Is there any chance to get pregnant? please help me.
Hi mam, i am in 24 years age. I have irregular periods from last 3 4 months and I got thyroid with 25mg. I am trying to get pregnant but I cant because of my irregular periods. How do I get my regular periods back please suggest me for the changes of my diet.
Hello doctor , Am 20 years old female. I was married. I had usg scan for fertility growth. Today my mentor cycle 22nd day. My left ovary growing well 32mm but its not ruptured. I had thyroid test. It was normal. What is the reason for my problem.
Hi doctor. I'm 9th month pregnant now. My delivery date is december 30. Yesterday I did masturbation one time. Am not inserting anything. Is any problem to my baby or me.
I have one tube block. After doing follicular study for 3 months, on 4th month my doc gave me clomifene citrate. I was ovulated on 17th day, she said me to have intercourse. She also gave duphaston tablets for 10 days. Can I expect pregnancy this month. For what purpose duphaston is used, to regularize my periods or to get pregnant?
Kindly suggest me something to increase fertility. Gyneacs has been consulted, they said only cervix is little bit contracted. I want to conceive.
I have intercourse on monday i.e. 3 april with precautions then I gave her a pill so that she can't conceive. Her MC date is 8 april but not started. Can you help.
Inherently linked to daily fitness and dietary control, lifestyle diseases like Type 2 Diabetes, obesity, hypertension and high cholesterol should be actively avoided from an early age. Gone are the days when these were considered areas of interest for an older generation.
Ask yourself what causes you stress easily. It could be a work deadline, a heated argument, partner troubles, the list is endless. Though these may look like simple daily worries, experts suggest that it is these daily life events that trigger flight or fight reactions in the body, which in turn lead to debilitating mental conditions such as depression. A depressed person feels like a failure and sees little hope for an If you think that diabetes is an old man’s disease and you are safe from it, then we beg you to think again. Overweight, over-stressed and poor lifestyle observers are easy targets for this lifestyle disease, even at the young age of 20. While diabetes can be genetic, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (DM) can be prevented by following a proper lifestyle.
If you’ve been wondering about commonly used cholesterol terms like HDL and LDL, or good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, then you’ve come to the right place. For instance, did you know that cholesterol deposits in your lower body’s arteries could give you foot ulcers?
That frequent headache you ignore could just be a migraine - headache that can affect anyone, anytime and anywhere. It is a painful condition that can interfere with your day-to-day activities. Though causes for migraine headaches are unknown, the symptoms can be made less severe and can even be prevented.
Although India has been successful in managing communicable diseases like polio and cholera, the number of cases related to lifestyle diseases has increased drastically in recent times. The main factors responsible for this significant increase are unhealthy eating habits, sedentary lifestyle, poor sleeping habits, smoking and susceptibility to stress. It is for this reason that our young population (adults and teenagers) is more prone to lifestyle diseases. The only way to prevent the progression of these diseases is through making some simple changes in your daily routine (lifestyle changes).
Here are top 5 lifestyle diseases you should be aware of:
Type 2 diabetes:
Known as the diabetes capital of the world, India has 61.3 million people suffering from this dreadful lifestyle disease. Type 2 diabetes is caused due to high blood sugar levels in the body resulting from an inability to utilise insulin (hormone produced by the pancreas). One can easily prevent diabetes by effectively controlling its various risk factors such as smoking, obesity and inactive lifestyle.
The most common cause of heart disease is increased levels of cholesterol (LDL – low density lipoprotein) and triglycerides in the body. Consumption of processed foods and junk foods, smoking and drinking coupled with a lack of exercise is the main reason why an increasing number of people, including younger adults are suffering from heart diseases.
More than 100 million individuals living in India suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure. The increased blood pressure levels (more than 120/80 mm Hg) in the body are caused mainly due to increased intake of salt, high stress levels and obesity. People suffering from hypertension are at increased risk of other health complications like diabetes and heart disease.
Obesity is a detrimental disease condition which makes you more susceptible to other lifestyle diseases like diabetes and heart disease. Indians, especially the younger generation are at a higher risk of developing this metabolic syndrome due to unhealthy eating, smoking, alcohol consumption, inactivity, stress and lack of sleep. There is nothing like an ideal weight for people unless one can maintain a healthy weight and lead an active lifestyle to prevent obesity and other health issues.
Although genetic factors are a large determinant in your risk for cancer, smoking and unhealthy eating habits are known to be the biggest culprits, increasing your risk of suffering from this deadly disease. One can lower their chances of developing cancer by following some preventive measures like eating healthy foods (rich in omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants), maintaining a healthy weight, quit smoking and drink only in moderation.
Lifestyle diseases are preventable for children if parents set them on the correct path, as our early life decisions and influences can impact us later on in life. Lifestyle diseases can be prevented through reduction in smoking of tobacco. Overweight and obesity can be prevented through a well balanced lifestyle through healthy eating and exercise. Prevention can come about by a person undertaking 30 minutes of moderate exercise daily or by doing 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise a week. Examples of moderate exercise includes a brisk walk, swim, bike ride or it can also be everyday life activities like mowing the lawn or house cleaning. All causes of lifestyle disease can be prevented through giving up smoking and other drugs, reducing ones intake of alcohol, processed meats (like bacon and sausages), red meats (like pork, beef and lamb), fatty foods and by engaging in daily exercise.