Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. HarishYour feedback matters!
Due to my overweight my knee is paining. please give me a suggestion to loss weight. please can you give some diet tips. please help me.
How to take out extra air from body sometime it pain on chest shoulder joint idnt know where is exact pain how to relief from this pain please tell me your kind advice.
My dad is having cervical myelopathy, neurogenic bladder, severe constipation, are on catheter, numbness in arms and other problems. And also now they are in severe depression and tried to attempt suicide 2 times. What to do? Doctors said operate for cervical but dad fear from operate, and also mentally he can't able to think about it. They only talk about their present problems and wanna have suicide. What to do doctors? Operate is also needed fast as per doctors, but also there is depression that stopping. Please give your opinion all doctors.
I am having lower back pain from the past 2 days its paining all the time how do I cure it and what are the causes.
Hi, I have pain in my spinal cord, and back too, and have sever pain in stomach. Kindly please suggest me some medicines.
I am 22 years old, I ate all types of nutritious food but not gaining much weight according to my age and I feel fatigue while doing less work. I was treated for hepatitis four years ago. I feel An irregular heart rhythm while going to bed and takes much time to calm down for a normal heart rhythm, I feel tiring when I am doing hard works. Few days I noticed my hair loss. My hb count is 11. I feel less pain in my shoulders, how can I overcome this situation.
I am 32 years old male. I am having severe low back ache. As per m. R. I. It is due to slip disc. Any diet restrictions in ayurveda.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of discs in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like:
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing:
- Herniated disk
- Bone spurs
- Part of a vertebra.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.