Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. H S Chandrika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. H S ChandrikaYour feedback matters!
One of my friends taking mifty kid for abortion. Can she sex with her partner while taking this medicine? please suggest.
I dnt knw m pregnant but my date of period is 5 feb what should I do may I have the urine test or wait.
I am pregnant in 21 weeks and have anterior placenta grade 1. I need to travel my home town by next week. Please advise whether I can travel by flight.
I am 19 year old. I have missed my period this month. My last period was on 16oct. After my last period I had sex with my lover. But his sperm didn't enter into my vagina. Still I am afraid. I haven't any symptoms of pregnancy, but I missed my period. Please help me to know that am I pregnant or not? If I am pregnant, then how can I prevent it simply? If i'm not pregnant, what can I do for my period? Please help me.
I.E. POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE.
The prevalence of Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) in the Indian subcontinent is very high and significantly linked to irregular menstrual cycle (1). It is the primary cause of menstrual dysfunction in 75% of women. In the US 21% of pre menopausal women are affected (2).
Symtoms / Blood Reports
The symptoms include amenorrhoea, presence of cyst in ovaries, hirsutism, obesity and infertility (3). Polycystic ovaries are due to incomplete follicular development or failure of ovulation. Women with the syndrome have at least seven times the risk of myocardial infarction and ischaemic heart disease than other women, and by age 40, 40% will have type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance.
The common cases we see in clinics are often only with amenorrhoea and obesity. The cyst in itself on sonography has multiple follicles.The hormonal levels are frequently normal. Important levels are FSH, LH, DHEAS, Testosterone. The FSH / LH ratio is important.
Why take treatment for PCOD?
There are many reasons why one should seek treatment –
The cysts sometimes grow rapidly and can cause pressure on adjoining organs. They can burst causing acute abdomen and emergency.
They hamper the function of the ovaries and affect menstruation, ovulation etc
They cause sterility and difficulties in conception
They cause hirsutism and obesity
Latest research shows that they may be a pre-diabetic state
WHY HOMOEOPATHY for PCOD?
Though there is some treatment in allopathy for PCOD it is not comprehensive. Intake of hormonal medicines is not advised in young girls.
The cysts are recurrent and hence occur even after operations.
Cases diagnosed early are completely treatable, with sonographies showing complete regression.
Treatment with homeopathic medicines results in ovarian functions returning back to normal.
How does a homeopath view and treat PCOD?
For a homeopath, a cyst is a harmless extra growth in the body. Most of the time these extra growths can be reduced. In others they can be treated so that the functionality is maintained.
The objective of treating PCOD is different according to the age and needs of the patient. In young girls the only objective is to get regular menses. Regular menses also means that ovulation is intact. In elder women the treatment will depend upon the need to conceive. If the woman wants to have a child, then treatment would be prolonged, as we need to make menses regular and ovulation mature. If there is no need to conceive, as she either already has a child and/or does not want more, the objective would only be to get menses regular. Regular menses also means good health and hence treatment should be undertaken.
It is thus important for the homeopath to set objectives for each patient.
The most important medicine that should be a part of treatment is Thuja. Many patients have hypertension or haemorrhagic cysts and Tuberculinum is required. Other remedies indicated .
I WILL DISCUSS REMEDIES IN NEXT TIP.
I had sex on the new year's night and my expected date for my periods was 1or 2. Today is 6th Jan but I still have not got my periods even after 4 days of the expected date. Am I pregnant? Please help. On 21st November I had sex too. I took ipill on 24th November. I got period on 2nd December. But it was very less then usual. It lasted for 3 or 4 days as usual. The last period before this was 1st November. Help please.
I want to know that after how many months of cesarean delivery, I can start exercise for reducing tummy fat.
Hi, I am 25 years old and have a kid of 3 yrs. I am taking medication for thyroid since my pregnancy. At present, I weigh 80 kg and diagnosed to have PCOs. I am reported to have deficient of vitamin d and low calcium levels. Suggest me some ways to raise my calcium levels and to reduce my weight. Thanks in advance.
Tea is known for many beneficial properties that it contains. Whether it is black tea, green tea, white tea or any other kind of tea, there are numerous health, home and cosmetic benefits attached to tea. Tea bags once used do not necessarily need be thrown in the trash once they have been dunked and seeped into the boiling water and milk, if you are using any. There are a number of uses which one can derive easily from these tea bags so that one can get glowing skin and varied other health benefits. Read on to know more about the hidden benefits of these tea bags!
- Tea bags for your eyes: The number of antioxidants present in tea makes it ideal when it comes to banishing those under eye bags and dark circles. You could freeze these tea bags in the freezer after you use them and then press them onto your eyes for a few minutes the next day. This will help in visibly lightening the area and clearing the bags that may have formed under the eyes due to long hours spent working and other factors like stress.
- Tea bags for food flavouring: You can use these tea bags to flavor various dishes as well. That’s right this can be used as a robust condiment with pasta, grains and chicken. You can use these tea bags in the water which will be used to boil grains and pasta so that the flavor can get infused in these ingredients. You can use flavored tea bags like chamomile and cinnamon to make a difference to the dish that you are preparing.
- Tea bags in the garden: Whether you have a large garden, a small patch or a few pots that grow herbs and other smaller flowers and vegetables, you can easily use tea bags in the water that you use for watering these plants. This will help in preventing the onset of any kind of fungal infection as far as the plants go. You can also use these bags as ingredients for your comps bins so that you have natural fertilizer containing the rich goodness of tea as well.
- Tea bags to deal with odours: Tea bags can be placed in muslin bags and hung from various rods and placed in corners, to act as a deodourising agent. You can also place these tea bags inside the refrigerator so that you eliminate the various scents and odors that are not too pleasant.
- Tea bags for cleaning: You can also use these tea bags to clean your rugs and carpets. These can be frozen before they are opened and the dried tea leaves can be spread over the various stains before being brushed away. The stains will also lighten gradually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.