Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
What are the side effects of using i-pill a lot of times within one month. Does it affect in pregnancy also.
During pregnancy a woman’s body undergoes constant changes. The entire body tries to accommodate place for the growing uterus as hormones levels drastically fluctuate and ligaments stretched. Pelvic pain and the ensuing discomfort around this time is a common phenomenon experienced by most women.
Though the pain may be harmless, at times it may also lead to serious repercussions. Therefore the identification of the causes that lead to pelvic pain during pregnancy is crucial. Some of them are:
- Accommodation pain: In the initial stages of pregnancy, women may experience cramps which are akin to the pain that precedes menstruation. However, in the case of pregnant women, the pain leads to no bleeding, but in all probability, is caused due to the expansion of the uterus.
- Round ligament pain: Amidst the host of changes that the body goes through, the ligament that goes from the uterus to the groin also undergoes a change; it expands. This is responsible for the pain in the sides especially when women are walking or getting up from a chair.
- Baby’s weight: As the weight of the fetus begins to increase it exerts a pressure on the nerves that move from the vagina to the legs. This causes a dull pain in the pelvic region which increases considerably with walking and riding a car. This is most commonly felt by women who are in their third trimester.
- Urinary Tract Infection: According to reports, most women suffer from urinary tract infection or UTI during pregnancy. This results in uncontrolled, often times, bloody urination and a pain in the abdomen. This is a major cause of concern as, if untreated, it infects the kidneys which in turn increases the risk of an early labour.
- Miscarriage: In the first trimester, a pain in the abdomen may be an indication of a miscarriage. In such a situation, the pain is followed by bleeding and cramps.
- Early labour: During pregnancy, an intermittent pain in the pelvic area and a back ache can also be suggestive of an early labour. If the contractions continue for over two hours after taking the necessary precautions like urinating and taking rest, it may be a sign of an early labor.
I Hi 3 months back I got terminated with 5 month baby and after that 30 days cycle started April 11 I got period April 23 we had sex and today I got very much faint line positive and even I feel like my period in next moment and from two days I'm not feeling well like fever and excess of heat like running nose eyes are burning tired body pain I took dolo 650 i.
1. Heart Disease
There are several theories that exist that attempt to explain the link between periodontal disease and heart disease. One theory suggests that oral bacteria can affect the heart when they enter the blood stream, attaching to fatty plaques in the arteries and contributing to clot formation. Coronary artery disease is caused by the thickening of the walls of the coronary arteries due to the buildup of fatty acids. Blood clots obstruct the normal flow of blood and lead to neglecting the heart of necessary amounts of nutrients and oxygen required to function properly. This can eventually lead to heart attacks.
Another theory is that the inflammation caused by periodontal disease increases plaque buildup, which may be a contributor to swelling of the arteries. Research shows that people with periodontal disease are almost two times as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease as those without the condition.
There are other studies that link a relationship between gum disease and stroke.
3. Pre-Term Pregnancy
According to the American Academy of Periodontology, pregnant women who have periodontal disease may be seven times more likely to have a baby that is born prematurely and too small.
After having intercourse the fluid which comes out from vagina, is that of male or female partner or both.
My wife having itching in her vagina and vagina discharges white color material also. Kindly suggest what to do?
I have PCOD and hormonal imbalance and I got married last 6 months. Still I didn't get pregnant. Suggest what shld I do?
I'm 17 years old girl and I'm indian. I lost my virginity. At 26th october I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend nest day at morning I found some blood spots from my vagina. After 24 hours of having sexual intercourse I took unwanted 72 pill. I'm not getting my periods what should I do? Please reply!
She is having bicornuate uterus and regularly having excess bleeding with lots of pain in lower abdomen and back during periods. She got married 4 months back , is there any problems in conceiving or pregnancy due to her uterus type. Please provide us the exact information as there are lots of confusion arising day by day. Please help us out .
I was married one and half years ago. We had a sex without any precaution since last 6 months but still i'm not pregnant. Is there any problem or should I go for any checkup. And now I am not interest in sex anymore. My sex feelings almost killed. Please suggest me.
my wife didn't come in periods for last 2 months. last to last month we consult the dr and he gave us medicines and dimpal comes in periods. but now once again it happens. so whats the problem for that.?
Hi. I had withdrawal bleeding on 21 april.And I got normal bleeding on 7-8th April. I took ipill within 2 hours. Today Is 16th May I dint get down. When I'll get down? I did home pregnancy test. All are negative.
Laughter is the best medicine, they say. Apart from making you happy and thawing a potentially anxiety ridden atmosphere, laughter can also promote good health. A deep rooted laughter session once in a while can actually rejuvenate you and give you a dose of health.
If this surprises you, then you need to read the rest of this article to find out how a bout of stress free laughter can help you in the health department. Read on to know more!
- Blood Pressure: Laughing can helping in keeping your blood pressure low, as per various medical studies. This can potentially reduce the risk of falling prey to heart attacks and strokes. The blood pressure will genuinely come down when you laugh heartily, which is especially helpful in situations for patients of hypertension so as to bring down the stress levels.
- Immunity: Did you know that the immune system of the body can get affected by the stress hormone levels? When your brain brings on signals that hint at stress and anxiety, laughter can also help in bringing down the stress levels simply by sharing a joke and laughing about a funny episode with someone close to you. This also gives a boost to the body's immune system. Also, when you laugh really hard, the T cells of the body get activated, which is how the immunity gets a boost so that the next time you are about to catch a cold or flu, the immunity takes over naturally.
- Cardiac Health: Laughter is great for the cardiac health because it helps the heart pump and burns the same number of calories that one would during a long walk. It is a great cardio workout that is ideal for people who are bed ridden due to illness or injury.
- Abs: A long and heartfelt laughter session can actually work your abs as it helps the inactive muscles of the area in contracting and relaxing. This is similar to a moderate work out for the abs. So getting a toned tummy can actually be as easy as having a good laugh.
- Endorphins: The body's natural pain killers reside in the Endorphin hormone. So have a good laugh and release these hormones as a natural side effect of laughing hard. This can help in reliving chronic pain as well.
The best part about laughter is that it generally increases the feel good factor inside you and helps you achieve a more relaxed mind and body where the immunity, heart health and general wellbeing are taken care of. So laugh your way to good health and get a well-functioning immune system with a well-toned body as well.
In Ayurveda, vata is considered to be extremely important. It regulates the movements of your body and mind. In the body, large intestine is considered to be the main site of vata as well as in the bone tissue. Therefore, medications which are administered through the rectum affect the bone tissue. Vata maintains and regulates our daily activities, nervous system as well as our excretion. An enthusiastic and a lively mind are all manifestations of a balance of Vata.
Subsequently, its imbalance is considered as detrimental to health. Basti therapy is a treatment that manages the pain and treats the diseases arising from this imbalance. In this, a liquid concoction of sesame oil and other herbs are inserted through the rectum, which in turn treats various ailments arising from the imbalance of vata, such as pain in the joints, in the spine and back as well as painful menstruations.
Before Basti therapy, Abhyangam and Sedanam are practiced. Enema can be assumed, but Basti has power to detox and nourish as well. Yoga Basti for is done for 8 days, Karma Basti for 1 day and Kala Basti for 30 days, or according to the health issues and affected system, in order to drain doshas and nourish dhatus.
There are primarily three types of Basti therapy:
- Uttar Basti
All three of them, individually treat various ailments, some of them are:
- Stiffness in the back and pain in the spine: In this method, pain in the spine and vertebral column are managed and treated. It involves pouring warm, herbal oil on the spinal cord, which is retained by small wells created from flour or gram paste. This method is particularly beneficial for treating back problems. This method nourishes the liquid in the joints that consequently relieves you of the pain.
- Bell's palsy: Bell's palsy is a disease where the muscles on the face become weak or you suffer from a facial paralysis. Basti therapy has proved to be particularly beneficial in treating it. In this, a medicated oil is placed on the head for a specific period of time which helps in treating Bell's palsy as well as any numbness on the face.
- Painful menstruation: Though menstruation is a natural process, most women suffer from extremely painful cramps during this time. Anuvasana therapy is extremely useful in lessening this pain. In this various oils and decoction enema is provided to patients, the consumption of which have resulted in significant improvements. Painful menstruation cramps are also treated by Uttar Basti where medicines are provided through the uterus. This method helps in cleaning the blockages in the uterus as well as providing nourishment to it.
Ailments that accompany monsoon: Though monsoon provides relief from the scorching summer, but at the same time it is accompanied by a host of diseases. With the onset of monsoon and the fall in temperature, there is a tendency for acidity and the vata that was accumulated in summer manifests itself in loss of appetite, indigestion and piles. Basti therapy operates as a corrective for the vata imbalance and treats various digestion related problems. At the same time it also prevents return of the ailments. The oils and decoction used rejuvenates the body and as well as help in regulating the metabolism.
Hello doctor. I got pregnant 3 months back. I am 28 years old. At 1.5 months I went for regular check up. Everything came normal except my TSH level which came out to be 5.57. I hvnt gone for thyroid test before. Doctor gave me 50 mg thyronorm to be taken daily as she termed it hypothyroidism. After one month when tests are done again, TSH came out to be 1.67 but anti TPO antibodies are present and 278. Please explain what does this mean? Do I hv to take medication life long? Does it have any harmful effects on my kids, am expecting twins. Doctor asked me to continue medication even after delivery. What that mean?
What is a Nasal Polyp?
If you have chronic obstruction of the nose, nasal voice, frequent sneezing, you could be having nasal polyps. It is worthwhile to understand that a nasal polyp is non-cancerous. It is a teardrop-shaped growth in the nasal cavity. At times, it forms in the sinuses or at the opening of the sinus into the nasal cavities. The polyp almost looks like a grape that has been peeled.
Allergies can cause a person a whole lot of trouble, to say the very least. Also, among the many things allergies can trigger such as hives and swellings which are coupled with irritation, nasal polyps are one of the many!
The symptoms of having nasal polyps include lacking a normal ability to smell as well as a person feeling that the nose is constantly dripping mucous, not a nice situation to have, at all! A person tends to have nasal polyps when there is an inflammation of the nose’s lining. While there may be a number of reasons as to why exactly this takes place, homeopathic treatment has a very comprehensive answer for nasal polyps!
If the polyps are not treated by normal medicine, a person who has them would normally face the prospect of having to undergo surgery to get them removed. However, this is not the case at all, if homeopathy medicine is used to provide an answer to the issue.
The important thing about homeopathic medicine’s treatment of nasal polyps is the fact that a person is not only treated for the polyps which are causing trouble to him or her but also for the initial condition which resulted in the polyps forming in the first place. Is this not a better solution? The conditions are likely to be sinusitis, asthma, among other ones.
When a case of having nasal polyps is being treated, the medicines which are most likely to be prescribed by a doctor are known by the names of Teucrium and Sanguinaria. When a person has lost any semblance of smell due to nasal polyps, the medicine to be made use of is likely to be Teucrium. On the other hand, when a person seems to keep falling ill due to catching colds quite often, then a medicine such as Sanguinaria should address this and the patient will be free from the irritation caused by polyps in the nose. After all, the freedom from polyps is really not valued until they are alive and well and are causing a lot of trouble for the person who has the misfortune of having them!
While such medication should only be taken as per the directives of a medical professional who is qualified in the field of homeopathy, it does do a person any harm to know of the medicines, in any case. After all, they may be the reasons why a person can retain peace of mind!
It is bleeding very lightly from yesterday. I had sex before a week and had unwanted 72 tablet. I had my last period on 22 sept again I had period on 7 oct and now from yesterday 22 it is bleeding lightly. Is it coz of pills? Anything serious? am I pregnant?
Vulvodynia is a medical condition in which women suffer from chronic pain in the vaginal area without any cause. Even today, women don’t often go for proper diagnosis for vulvodynia because of the societal pressure due to which doctors and researchers are still not able to find out the exact cause of vulvodynia.
Types of vulvodynia
1. Generalized vulvodynia: This occurs when there is immense pain in different areas of the vagina. It can occur once in a while or the pain can be constant. Slight pressure or touch on the vagina can make it worse.
2. Vulvar Vestibulitis syndrome: Pain generally occurs in the entrance of the vagina. A burning sensation is felt when pressure is applied on the vagina or during sexual intercourse.
Possible causes of vulvodynia:
1. Irritation to the nerve or a nerve injury can increase the risk of vulvodynia.
2. An infection or a trauma in the vulvar cells can also give rise to abnormal responses which might cause vulvodynia.
3. The vulva can also respond poorly to inflammation due to genetic factors.
4. Yeast infection and hypersensitivity can also cause vulvodynia.
5. Muscle spasm
6. Irritation or allergies to chemical substances.
7. Hormonal changes like menstruation or menopause can also cause vulvodynia.
8. If you have a history of sexual abuse or rape, you are more likely to develop vulvodynia.
9. Using excessive antibiotic can lead to the weakening of the cells around the vagina.
Symptoms of vulvodynia:
1. Rawness, stinging or burning sensation in the vagina.
2. Soreness or acute aching sensation in and around the vagina.
3. Throbbing can also occur on the vagina if you have vulvodynia.
4. Itchiness in and around the vagina.
5. Pain can either occur once a while or all the time during vulvodynia.
6. Walking, exercising or having sex can also cause immense pain in the vagina.
7. The vagina can also ache while walking, sitting or exercising.
8. Discomfort can be felt on your entire vulva.
Vulvodynia can impact a woman’s life greatly. It can disable her ability to exercise or have sex. Vulvodynia can also make her withdraw from her social life or work. It is of utmost importance to book an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible if you have vulvodynia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.